The sales pitch is on.

Tony Q

It should be fairly easy to fix or simply say what you mean, but hey to each his own. Personally I think it's funny how you think this contract is actually a good win for anybody other then the company. What exactly do you think will happen if the company gets 22.4's? Do you think the company will hold to the contract and not try to eliminate full time work by cutting routes and moving 22.4s to fill in when they deem fit. Dont try to tell me that the contract will state protections from this happening. I have been with this company long enough to know they will manipulate any language to their advantage.
I agree that the company will always try to manipulate all contract language. I have seen it happen over many decades. What you are failing to understand that my opinion differs from yours. You don't like this so you are debating me. I am open to debate as that is the reason for a forum like this. If you take that personally that is alright as well. I have my opinions as do you and I respect yours. Thanks for your input and time.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
And that language will be in the final contract or should be in the final contract? That’s what scares me.
Nobody knows yet what will be in the final contract... just my opinion this contract will be sent back to negotiations for reworking... sounds like each local is hearing it from the membership and throwing a fit about these hybrid jobs... we just have to wait and see what happens...these jobs will cost ups money if you consider the higher pension contributions they have to pay for then and the healthcare package alone... then in 4 years they all will be making 34-35 an hour... so where are they saving money at??? I know there will be some flexibility now with weekend driving but it will still be an expensive thing these hybrids...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Nobody knows yet what will be in the final contract... just my opinion this contract will be sent back to negotiations for reworking... sounds like each local is hearing it from the membership and throwing a fit about these hybrid jobs... we just have to wait and see what happens...these jobs will cost ups money if you consider the higher pension contributions they have to pay for then and the healthcare package alone... then in 4 years they all will be making 34-35 an hour... so where are they saving money at??? I know there will be some flexibility now with weekend driving but it will still be an expensive thing these hybrids...
I voted yes

They will Dave some money having less part time employees .

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
It should be fairly easy to fix or simply say what you mean, but hey to each his own. Personally I think it's funny how you think this contract is actually a good win for anybody other then the company. What exactly do you think will happen if the company gets 22.4's? Do you think the company will hold to the contract and not try to eliminate full time work by cutting routes and moving 22.4s to fill in when they deem fit. Dont try to tell me that the contract will state protections from this happening. I have been with this company long enough to know they will manipulate any language to their advantage.
Then we send it back... sounds like more than just us posters on here are very concerned about these jobs....I personally think that it will cost them some real money to have these jobs so are they looking to save real money 10-15 years from now and that is the real concern...

ski or die

Ski or Die
The creation of new jobs does not solve the health and pension problem. These new positions at some point will be retiring and the monies invested in the plan will help pay their pensions. The pension's nationwide need a substantial increase in contributions from the company for "every employee", not just new employees to help the funds become stable. These new employees pension contributions only kicks the can down the road and helps pay current retiree pensions leaving very little for new employees when they retire.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We actually had a district mAnager during that time come to one of our pcm’s And say if we didn’t start growing our volume that ups would be out of business in 6 months....quite a few chuckles came from the crowd....
Well that guy is a POS liar.

I believe that is a good thing...
Less employees in general. Just imagine if they started an article 22.4 driver at noon. He could take enough stops off if a route to eliminate his overtime, do pick ups on another route . Eliminate overtime. Do a drop box run and eliminate an air driver, then come in and unload and sort.... Eliminating another part timer. That's what they are going after

The cost of healthcare and all of the other benefits are getting expensive.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Less employees in general. Just imagine if they started an article 22.4 driver at noon. He xocou take enough stops off if a route to eliminate his overtime, do pick ups on another route . Eliminate overtime. Do a drop box run and eliminate an air driver, then come in and unload and sort.... Eliminating another part timer. That's what they are going after

The cost of healthcare and all of the other benefits are getting expensive.
u already voted

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I agree that the company will always try to manipulate all contract language. I have seen it happen over many decades. What you are failing to understand that my opinion differs from yours. You don't like this so you are debating me. I am open to debate as that is the reason for a forum like this. If you take that personally that is alright as well. I have my opinions as do you and I respect yours. Thanks for your input and time.
So you are saying the current proposed contract language is weak? Then why try to say it benefits the workers at all? Your right I am debating you on the sense that you make no sense that this contract will be good to anybody including part timers that should be full time route drivers not 22.4's. That is the reason as you so called bipolar comments get posted to your thread and responses.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This makes total sense when put in regards to the number of "regular jobs". The less they run, the less they have to protect. What is the minimum requirement for it to be considered a "job"? 1 day ran a week, all 5 days, or somewhere in between?

I think you have a fly stuck in your throat, I don’t understand what it is you’re trying to say, as usual.
They will Dave some money having less part time employees .

My favorite way to Dave money is putting it in my 401k. But there are lots of ways to Dave money!