The sales pitch is on.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Can anybody tell me why UPS needs a lower class of full time driver in order to create more full time positions and relieve RPCD overtime yet? Did the Company say profit per piece is down with increasing residential volume and it couldn't afford to hire more full timers at the current full time rate?

@Tony Q , tell me straight!
My guess is they see the looming low wage delivery driver competition coming from the competition (FedEd, Amazon) and are thinking of ways which they think will keep us competitive. Not saying g they are right. I'm just saying.

F

Frankie's Friend

The all was a mishap. It was intended for Sickofit.
I would think you would have to take my word or not. either way it really doesn't matter to me. The first indicator I would think you would understand that I quoted @Sickofit and only him, but if you cant understand this I will understand. Honestly I've spent to much time on this and really don't care.
We're you talking to me?
I missed it.

Hethatbeking

Package car drivers did not want to work weekends.
They wanted better 9.5 protection.
They wanted better harassment language.
Better Pension protection.
Better benefits.

These were addressed along with a whole host of other things. If you can wait a little while longer it will all be released.
If you've got the beans spill 'em.

ManInBrown

Can anybody tell me why UPS needs a lower class of full time driver in order to create more full time positions and relieve RPCD overtime yet? Did the Company say profit per piece is down with increasing residential volume and it couldn't afford to hire more full timers at the current full time rate?

@Tony Q , tell me straight!
So they can weed out full rate drivers as they retire and start the pay process all over again. By the end of the next contract we’ll be making close to or a little more than 40 an hour depend8ng on your local. If the hybrids are making 34 that’s a 6 and hour difference. It would take 12 years to make up that 6 bucks with yearly raises. It’s a way to reset the pay structure.

dogs.bite.me

I'm saying, they are adding stops/packages on cars to limit the number of "jobs" now, therefore limiting the number they have to "protect". Capiche?
I dont think it's the amount of routes they are protecting. They are protecting all the rpcd (anyone who makes 36/hr or is in progression to make that).
That better be what they are saying or it's a no from me.

Tony Q

If you've got the beans spill 'em.
I've already spilled enough. You can wait a little while longer. I grew up in a generation where you didn't have on demand news. I survived and so will you. I'd rather eat a poop sandwich than give anymore details to anyone. I'm perfectly content sitting on the facts and waiting it out. When I came here I tried to use this experience as a way to connect with the members. Then when I decided to share some of the information the backlash from some turned me off. I know it might not have been you per say, but the whole mob mentality has made me want to sit back and see how it all plays out. I've got my years in, my duck in a row and I'll refine however it all shakes out. It sounds to me that you will either need to find someone else that has the information or just wait till it gets out there.

upschuck

I dont think it's the amount of routes they are protecting. They are protecting all the rpcd (anyone who makes 36/hr or is in progression to make that).
That better be what they are saying or it's a no from me.
It does say "working". I wouldn't trust them, if not explicit.