The sales pitch is on.

twoweeled

Bottom line. In my opinion, their first offer was never meant to be their best offer. I think many of us know this. They'll have to come back hard with threats (like last contract) to make it look like it was meant to be their best. It isn't. But even a considerably better contract, still looks like it could have too many cracks in it. Waaaay to many holes to totally change things later.
I still remember new feeder drivers being told, "NO ONE WILL BE FORCED TO GO SLEEPER". You betta ask somebody! It didn't take long. right out the window without discussion.
If anything resembling this were to pass - get ready for a super duper screw next contract. The parameters are always adjusting. No amount of lube will help with this sorta screwing!

imag0671.jpg

twoweeled

Read the part where they say if work is available, hence route is cut no work no 8hrs available. Needs to be changed to will work all route drivers 8 hrs a day 5 consecutive days a week.
That rang a bell in my head also. "If work is available". BS!!! Work available or not, you should still be getting paid your 8 hours. At that point, there will be work available, guaranteed!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just got a text. All RPCD in center that use 22.4s will be put on 9.5 list by default.
I just got a text to.

But the 22.4 will have no 9.5 rights. So use and abuse the lower pay scale workers. I guess the IBT thinks it'll make drivers happy so they'll vote yes... but I don't know.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
$4.15 in raises over 5 years.

Combination Drivers will be $20.50 and reach a top rate of $34.79 by August 1, 2022. The top rate on August 1, 2018 will be $31.34 and will increase each year in accordance with the General Wage Increases.

34.79 - 31.34 = 3.45
4.15 - 3.45 = .70

So the general wage increase for FT drivers in August 2018 is 70 whole cents again?

..... WDFD.

Last edited:

PCLoadPackage

I also noticed the 22.4s will work a 5 consecutive day week.

Weds - Sunday?

What about the Monday and Tuesday workloads for the rpcd?

On a somewhat related tangent, what about the Tues - Sat preloaders? Will they transition to Wed - Sun preloaders if the center starts 7-day operations? That may be a deal breaker for preloaders who also have a Mon-Fri job. It seems like a lot do.

KoennenTiger

How many part timers do you see at a union meeting? You don't even see a lot of full timers anymore.

There are union meetings? I've never even heard of this. Maybe you union guys should try and actually communicate something, anything. I've never been told anything at all about the union. Ever. I have no idea how to find anything out either.

As far as I can tell the union does nothing.

specter208

There are union meetings? I've never even heard of this. Maybe you union guys should try and actually communicate something, anything. I've never been told anything at all about the union. Ever. I have no idea how to find anything out either.

Was told by our union representative their would be a meeting discussing the proposals and never got a text for where and when.

You probably have a bulletin board at work that has union information on it.

542thruNthru

22.4 is Cover Drivers on steroids. I can guarantee you there will be no language requiring them to work inside for any amount of time. They will drive like full-time drivers unless there is not enough work and they will be sent to the inside to get there 8 hours loading and unloading packages.

PT Cover Drivers, TCD, Casuals. What ever your area calls them will be replaced by 22.4. Instead of people laid off they will be sent inside to get their hours just like our PT cover drivers do out here.

Just a lower paid full time driver is what they will be.