The sales pitch is on.

specter208

22.4 is Cover Drivers on steroids. I can guarantee you there will be no language requiring them to work inside for any amount of time. They will drive like full-time drivers unless there is not enough work and they will be sent to the inside to get there 8 hours loading and unloading packages.

PT Cover Drivers, TCD, Casuals. What ever your area calls them will be replaced by 22.4. Instead of people laid off they will be sent inside to get their hours just like our PT cover drivers do out here.

Just a lower paid full time driver is what they will be.
They will probably bump PTers if needed.

km3

Can I see the language you have for that?

Central Region Supplement, Article 3, Section 6.

Laid-off, full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority, may elect to take the work of one (1) or two (2) part-time employees, for the duration of the layoff, provided they have more total Company seniority.

km3

Laid-off, full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority, may elect to take the work of one (1) or two (2) part-time employees, for the duration of the layoff, provided they have more total Company seniority.

I don't know what her language is, but this is what we have where I am.

542thruNthru

Thank you.

Time for change

Just another thing to double check on contract. Should be a firm and decisive no vote regardless but if 20 year part timers all of a sudden get bumped by newbie 22.4’s. Then when Amazon crashes ALL of the long term part timers will be out of work. We need to wake the part time vote up and send this asanine contract back.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Just another thing to double check on contract. Should be a firm and decisive no vote regardless but if 20 year part timers all of a sudden get bumped by newbie 22.4’s. Then when Amazon crashes ALL of the long term part timers will be out of work. We need to wake the part time vote up and send this asanine contract back.
You never answered, are you getting that $2 raise in August?

Time for change

Don’t know, the only way I see a $2 raise for any part timer with this awful contract is if they do away with skilled and everyone gets that $1. So if you were unskilled you would then move up $2. That’s a possibility but haven’t seen the language.

clean hairy

They been cutting a lot lately. Guess they ate more worried about the second quarter than they are about putting the employees in a good mood before the contract vote.

At least in the old days they would buy us pizza and blow smoke up our ass, trying to sell us a contract.
I remember them blowing so much smoke up our butts it started coming out our mouth!

KoennenTiger

You probably have a bulletin board at work that has union information on it.

I do but there's nothing about any meetings on there. Just a warning but to sign for any customer ever no matter what even if they ask you to. And some thing about a scholarship.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Same in the Atlantic Area, got to have more company seniority in order to bump a part timer.

542thruNthru

I think you are a liar and a troll.

tenor-8.gif