The sales pitch is on.

It will not be w-s. They will not start Sunday delivery for a long time. They want the option. Right now they will be t-s and as more 22.4 come on they will work m-friend also.
I heard it’s going to take a year or two but sundays is coming because we are getting sure post back and only way to get t back is going Sunday’s. Ask your self, why they haven’t said one thing on the schedule for 22.4s.

cachmeifucan

So you got your 8 hours plus. What are you complaining about?
Because I have the right to stay I got a family I got 22 years if I want to stay and the work is there and I have more time than others I should be able to. I bet the language in new contract will make sure I don't have that right

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I heard it’s going to take a year or two but sundays is coming because we are getting sure post back and only way to get t back is going Sunday’s. Ask your self, why they haven’t said one thing on the schedule for 22.4s.
Surepost to me is the only way to even the package flow out enough to make Weekends work.

cachmeifucan

Not sure if you're 710 or 705 but I hear 710 negotioations have not went well so far.

I also wouldn't pay yourself on the back too hard there. Your pension hasn't had a raise in what 25 years? And you couldn't keep yourselves out of teamcare.

You're a strong local but there are other strong locals out there.
We have better language and no national and local language in our book. And we got 30 whole 22.3 jobs last contract. We get 1000 per full-time years when we retire if our pension fund is ok. Many more perks

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
No way is UPS paying me 55 or 60 bucks an hour to drive a tractor trailer around. Let’s say 55 bucks an hour. That’s 120K a year for 40 hours a week. I’d love that, but I don’t think it’s reality.

Look Dumass, if inflation runs 3% each year and your raise is 2% YOU LOSE MONEY EINSTEIN! You will not be able to buy as many 12 packs of Natty light in 4 years!

Please, I had more Sure post on truck today than I had ground! Sure post hasn't gone anywhere!

PT Car Washer

Because I have the right to stay I got a family I got 22 years if I want to stay and the work is there and I have more time than others I should be able to. I bet the language in new contract will make sure I don't have that right
There is a lot of OT to be made in package delivery jobs right now. More then most want from what I am hearing.

At some point down the line UPS is going to freeze the pay for drivers. It’s inevitable at some point in the future. Not for hybrids but for everyone else. I guess we’ll go on strike. I personally have at least 20 years left and since I’m now in feeders who knows when I’ll retire. Might work into my late 60s early 70s. Who knows? That’s at least 4 more contracts in my career. Now take those four contracts where we get 4 or 5 bucks in raises. No way is UPS paying me 55 or 60 bucks an hour to drive a tractor trailer around. Let’s say 55 bucks an hour. That’s 120K a year for 40 hours a week. I’d love that, but I don’t think it’s reality.
They will if min wage is 20 an hour. Box ox is right. It’s called inflation. You act like ups can only make money if we keep make less and less. They only want us to make less and less because they want more and more. And they will make it if we let them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have better language and no national and local language in our book. And we got 30 whole 22.3 jobs last contract. We get 1000 per full-time years when we retire if our pension fund is ok. Many more perks
I'm not saying it's a bad contract. Just that's it's that much more amazing than some of the others out there.

cachmeifucan

So in December at cach we work at least 3 Saturday sorts at time and a half so will we still be at overtime or will it be offered only to new guys funny thing is they still won't stay for 13 a hour because they already get it with bonus and the quit.today I heard a new hire tell a part time supervisor he didn't get his bonus the supervisor told him he didn't either and I said me either

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They will if min wage is 20 an hour. Box ox is right. It’s called inflation. You act like ups can only make money if we keep make less and less. They only want us to make less and less because they want more and more. And they will make it if we let them.
Management got a 20% raise last year!

Ups raise the price to ship packages and as soon as this contract gets forced on us they will put another gas surcharge or tax
That and give themselves ANOTHER 20% RAISE!