THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yep, his attorneys will get right on that. Time to file those court documents.
I'm curious, as an "independent", how do you feel about the Democrats timing these charges all at the same time, two and a half years late, and during an election?

Are Democrats not engaging in election interference, again?

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
I'm curious, as an "independent", how do you feel about the Democrats timing these charges all at the same time

Shouldn't be a thing. Maybe at least 2 of the cases should be pushed to 2025 or later. One of them being the Georgia RICO case if that kind of case would typically take longer to prepare a defense for due to the complexity and number of codefendants. Can't expect a Presidential candidate to be able to defend himself to the fullest extent he's able with so many cases going on simultaneously or in close proximity to one another.

oldngray

nowhere special
Shouldn't be a thing. Maybe at least 2 of the cases should be pushed to 2025 or later. One of them being the Georgia RICO case if that kind of case would typically take longer to prepare a defense for due to the complexity and number of codefendants. Can't expect a Presidential candidate to be able to defend himself to the fullest extent he's able with so many cases going on simultaneously or in close proximity to one another.
Georgia rushed to indict on Monday before their case was even close to ready.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Georgia rushed to indict on Monday before their case was even close to ready.

The Fulton County Clerk posted Trump’s charges online BEFORE the grand jury had deliberated.

Newt Gingrich said the person who called Fani Willis demanded she bring the grand jurors in on Monday afternoon and indict Trump later that evening.

“I am told by a reliable source that Friday evening that somebody from Washington called the District Attorney from Atlanta and said ‘you have to indict on Monday – we have to cover up all the mistakes we just made with Weiss,’ and she said apparently, ‘my jurors aren’t coming back until Tuesday,’ and they said ‘you didn’t hear me, you have to indict on Monday,’ and she said, ‘They’re not going to be here before noon…this means it’s going to be 8 or 9 or 10 o’clock at night!'” Newt told Charlie Kirk.

Charlie Kirk asked Newt Gingrich who made the phone call to Fani Willis.

“We don’t know,” Newt Gingrich said. “And I’m telling you upfront, this is hearsay, but it’s from a person who has remarkably good sources.”

“I totally believe it though because that would explain why they leaked and they messed up on the clerk documents, why [Fani Willis] was exhausted and why they had the 11 pm press conference!” Charlie Kirk said.

oldngray

nowhere special

The Fulton County Clerk posted Trump’s charges online BEFORE the grand jury had deliberated.

Newt Gingrich said the person who called Fani Willis demanded she bring the grand jurors in on Monday afternoon and indict Trump later that evening.

“I am told by a reliable source that Friday evening that somebody from Washington called the District Attorney from Atlanta and said ‘you have to indict on Monday – we have to cover up all the mistakes we just made with Weiss,’ and she said apparently, ‘my jurors aren’t coming back until Tuesday,’ and they said ‘you didn’t hear me, you have to indict on Monday,’ and she said, ‘They’re not going to be here before noon…this means it’s going to be 8 or 9 or 10 o’clock at night!'” Newt told Charlie Kirk.

Charlie Kirk asked Newt Gingrich who made the phone call to Fani Willis.

“We don’t know,” Newt Gingrich said. “And I’m telling you upfront, this is hearsay, but it’s from a person who has remarkably good sources.”

“I totally believe it though because that would explain why they leaked and they messed up on the clerk documents, why [Fani Willis] was exhausted and why they had the 11 pm press conference!” Charlie Kirk said.
They kept changing the story about the indictments being posted early too. At first they said it was just a trial run with fictitious documents (that just happened to be exactly the same as the later indictments) but later blamed it on a clerk's mistake.

vantexan

Then simply testify in front of the judicial review board and explain why you believe that she should be brought up for a hearing to see if any prosecutorial misconduct has been committed by Ms. Willis.
From what I've read the Republican controlled legislature is looking into getting her removed.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1692619532239.png