THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Next Day Err

Biden has been found with documents dating back to 1994. Top secret documents. What was his intent and why hadn't he returned box loads of documents from all those years?
From the reporting on this matter I understand that Biden didn’t realize what he had locked away and that when his attorneys found them they immediately informed proper channels. Now whether or not he’s telling the truth about knowledge of these documents… I guess we won’t know until after the investigation has concluded. If memory serves me right I think he has been grilled about this somewhat recently.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Biden has been found with documents dating back to 1994. Top secret documents. What was his intent and why hadn't he returned box loads of documents from all those years? Once again you're demonstrating what Democrats apparently believe, that the rules don't apply to them in the same way as Republicans.
From the reporting on this matter I understand that Biden didn’t realize what he had locked away

Of course. The New York Times has spoken.

vantexan

From the reporting on this matter I understand that Biden didn’t realize what he had locked away and that when his attorneys found them they immediately informed proper channels. Now whether or not he’s telling the truth about knowledge of these documents… I guess we won’t know until after the investigation has concluded. If memory serves me right I think he has been grilled about this somewhat recently.
Excuse me, he took classified documents with him from secure areas to four different locations (that we know about) over several decades. A lot has been made about where Trump had documents at. Biden had boxes of classified documents in his garage.

There aren't exceptions made in the law. This is similar to Jim Comey saying he didn't believe it was Hillary Clinton's intent to break the law after it came out that rather than submit under subpoena all emails on an illegal server she deleted 33,000 and then destroyed all devices that would make it possible to retrieve those emails. This is the kind of justice that makes Republicans believe there's a double standard.

Next Day Err

Excuse me, he took classified documents with him from secure areas to four different locations (that we know about) over several decades. A lot has been made about where Trump had documents at. Biden had boxes of classified documents in his garage.

There aren't exceptions made in the law. This is similar to Jim Comey saying he didn't believe it was Hillary Clinton's intent to break the law after it came out that rather than submit under subpoena all emails on an illegal server she deleted 33,000 and then destroyed all devices that would make it possible to retrieve those emails. This is the kind of justice that makes Republicans believe there's a double standard.
We will see what the charges may or may not be.

Intent to obfuscate or obstruct the investigation seems to Trump’s biggest issue.

vantexan

We will see what the charges may or may not be.

Intent to obfuscate or obstruct the investigation seems to Trump’s biggest issue.
You actually expect the DOJ to charge Biden? There's tons of evidence that the Biden family took in tens of millions in bribes peddling influence. Yet the DOJ, which admitted just a few days ago that the FBI has over 40 informant interviews that detailed Hunter Biden breaking the law, has made no effort to bring the Bidens to justice. The only thing they've done was try to sneak through a sweetheart deal that would've given Hunter immunity from any future charges.

Next Day Err

You actually expect the DOJ to charge Biden?
Probably not due to the precedent set in earlier administrations that the DOJ won't prosecute a sitting president. Dunno dude. At least the facts will come out and if Biden engaged in malfeasance then I trust the American people to punish him politically.

vantexan

Probably not due to the precedent set in earlier administrations that the DOJ won't prosecute a sitting president. Dunno dude. At least the facts will come out and if Biden engaged in malfeasance then I trust the American people to punish him politically.
But the president's family doesn't enjoy such protection. And nothing is stopping the Democrats in the Senate to remove him after impeachment.

Next Day Err

But the president's family doesn't enjoy such protection. And nothing is stopping the Democrats in the Senate to remove him after impeachment.
Right. I think it’s prudent to wait to see what the investigation uncovers. You may not believe me but I’m trying to have an open mind about this.

Next Day Err

So you think it's okay to impeach Biden without proving he committed a crime. Okay.
Uh... it's a different system, separate and apart from the legal system. The right-wingers are more than welcome to bring impeachment to the table with flimsy evidence. But it's not a risk-free proposition for them, either. Biden could emerge from the other side of it looking above it all.

Better have the goods, bud.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you think it's okay to impeach Biden without proving he committed a crime. Okay.
Uh... it's a different system, separate and apart from the legal system. The right-wingers are more than welcome to bring impeachment to the table with flimsy evidence. But it's not a risk-free proposition for them, either. Biden could emerge from the other side of it looking above it all.

So many words to dodge the question.

Not sure why you are too scared to answer with a simple yes or no.

Next Day Err

So many words to dodge the question.

Not sure why you are too scared to answer with a simple yes or no.
To prove a crime and convict somebody in the legal system requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. To prove high crimes and misdemeanors is a lower bar.

The right-wingers are more than welcome to try. But they should be careful what they wish for. Things sometimes go in directions you don’t want them to go.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

To prove a crime and convict somebody in the legal system requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. To prove high crimes and misdemeanors is a lower bar.

The right-wingers are more than welcome to try. But they should be careful what they wish for. Things sometimes go in directions you don’t want them to go.
Two rambling posts in a row where you were too scared to answer yes or no.

Lol.

vantexan

What if solid evidence is brought forth? That infamous phone call by Trump, which led to his impeachment, was based on testimony of an anonymous hearsay witness. But the three House committees investigating Biden have a lot of bank records, emails, eyewitness testimony, FBI informants. They are dotting every i, crossing every t. Will you still consider that flimsy?