THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Luckily Trump will win.

I think support for Trump is probably underrepresented in the polls and it’s already not looking good for Biden.

Democrats need to rip off the bandaid and deal with that sooner rather than later if they’re really worried about what a second Trump term could bring.

Next Day Err

The left-wing “mainstream” outlets have already figured out that the way to lie is by omission. Fox News had better figure that out for 2024 if they’d like to lower their potential liability if Trump loses again.
I think calling the “liberal” media “mainstream” is dated. When they can’t hold a candle to Fox News it’s time to call Fox News the mainstream media.

And… Fox News doesn’t ever “lie by omission”? LOLOLOL

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1699241511192.png

Box Ox

I think calling the “liberal” media “mainstream” is dated. When they can’t hold a candle to Fox News it’s time to call Fox News the mainstream media.

Maybe dated but everyone knows what you mean when you say “mainstream media” for good reason.

Of course neither side of the media has a technique of lying that they solely stick to. But they’ve generally had pretty distinct styles of doing so to this point.

Maybe it’s because of the specific kinds of ideas that each side has tended to champion in recent years. For example, from the left, that America is a bad and racist place. That requires the omission of facts on the ground. And from the right, that the 2020 election was stolen. That requires making things up.

BrownFlush

I think support for Trump is probably underrepresented in the polls and it’s already not looking good for Biden.

Democrats need to rip off the bandaid and deal with that sooner rather than later if they’re really worried about what a second Trump term could bring.
Imagine...Trump/RFK ticket
It isn't hard to do
No Biden to be hidin'
States all red, never more blue...

Box Ox

Imagine...Trump/RFK ticket
It isn't hard to do
No Biden to be hidin'
States all red, never more blue...

Eh, I dunno. I’d be far more interested in voting for a Republican Presidential candidate like Nikki Haley. Easy choice over Biden.

An “old school liberal” Democratic Presidential candidate would be an easy choice over Trump but that ship probably sailed long ago.

BrownFlush

Eh, I dunno. I’d be far more interested in voting for a Republican Presidential candidate like Nikki Haley. Easy choice over Biden.

An “old school liberal” Democratic Presidential candidate would be an easy choice over Trump but that ship probably sailed long ago.

I don't like Haley.
Pray tell, is there an"old school liberal" any where in the land?

Box Ox

I don't like Haley.
Pray tell, is there an"old school liberal" any where in the land?

(Raises hand) 😎

But I’ve been told since 2020 that I might as well be a Trump voter sooooo yeah, that probably doesn't count for much. Hasn’t worked out well for the Blue Dog Democrats.

BrownFlush

(Raises hand) 😎

But I’ve been told since 2020 that I might as well be a Trump voter sooooo yeah, that probably doesn't count for much. Hasn’t worked out well for the Blue Dog Democrats.
Reagan & Heston are good examples of what years does for wisdom.
10 more years and you will be totally converted.

Box Ox

Reagan & Heston are good examples of what years does for wisdom.
10 more years and you will be totally converted.

I might already have no choice. Actually liberal ideas and ideals don’t really get one anywhere with the left these days. Its general reaction to Bill Maher’s criticisms of its craziness over the last few years is a good example of this.

vantexan

Happy to compare their levels of honesty when MSNBC pays nearly $1B in damages lol
No one ever holds Democrats accountable. All sorts of Dems were election deniers in all the elections they lost for president since 2000. The only thing we ever hear about is Trump's "Big Lie."

Next Day Err

Maybe dated but everyone knows what you mean when you say “mainstream media” for good reason.

Of course neither side of the media has a technique of lying that they solely stick to. But they’ve generally had pretty distinct styles of doing so to this point.

Maybe it’s because of the specific kinds of ideas that each side has tended to champion in recent years. For example, from the left, that America is a bad and racist place. That requires the omission of facts on the ground. And from the right, that the 2020 election was stolen. That requires making things up.
America has a long history racism and reactionary politics to progress. The media’s job is literally to hold power to account. I’ve heard lots of criticism of Biden on shows like Morning Joe.

Fox News does say harsh things about Trump on occasion so I’ll credit is where it’s due. I think mainly I just hate Gutfeld’s face.

vantexan

Liberal media also includes every major newspaper in the country except the Wall Street Journal. Social media was dominated by liberals until Musk bought Twitter. Network news is liberal dominated. FOX is cable news. Conservatives do seem to own talk radio.

BrownFlush

America has a long history racism and reactionary politics to progress. The media’s job is literally to hold power to account. I’ve heard lots of criticism of Biden on shows like Morning Joe.

Fox News does say harsh things about Trump on occasion so I’ll credit is where it’s due. I think mainly I just hate Gutfeld’s face.
And a recent history disagreeing about what is defined as progress.
The State ran media has been told to begin criticizing Joe. The numbers are beginning to scare the puppet masters. They're waiting for the right month to prop up a savior.

BrownFlush

I might already have no choice. Actually liberal ideas and ideals don’t really get one anywhere with the left these days. Its general reaction to Bill Maher’s criticisms of its craziness over the last few years is a good example of this.
Is the lefts attempted take over/experiment/woke/ over?

vantexan

And a recent history disagreeing about what is defined as progress.
The State ran media has been told to begin criticizing Joe. The numbers are beginning to scare the puppet masters. They're waiting for the right month to prop up a savior.
They'll have to do it soon to get someone else on state ballots.

Box Ox

Is the lefts attempted take over/experiment/woke/ over?

Think a lot of left of people won't be inclined to fully reject leftism until Trump is no longer the leader of the right.