THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Trump is the more the entertainment industry than the majority left-wing mainstream news media is? I think you give Trump too much credit.
The GOP in general seemed to make a decision a while back to go fully in this direction. I trace it to Lee Atwater, Newt and Rush. They dumbed everything down to reach a base that they knew how to manipulate.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
The GOP in general seemed to make a decision a while back to go fully in this direction. I trace it to Lee Atwater, Newt and Rush. They dumbed everything down to reach a base that they knew how to manipulate.

The mainstream news media dictates what the left should think every day.

Box Ox

Republicans have always understood politics as a branch of the entertainment industry.
Is that not what the majority left-wing mainstream news media is?
party leadership
Trump is the more the entertainment industry than the majority left-wing mainstream news media is? I think you give Trump too much credit.
The mainstream news media dictates what the left should think every day.
Which news channel gets the highest ratings?

I’ll need a little time to look up and combine the ratings of the ABC/CBS/NBC national news broadcasts and CNN/MSNBC shows since that would be the honest comparison.

I’ll need a little time to look up and combine the ratings of the ABC/CBS/NBC national news broadcasts and CNN/MSNBC shows since that would be the honest comparison.
The ignorance is both more obvious and more organized on the Right than it used to be, and that is a problem because politicians now feel obligated to cater to it even when they personally know better. Ant journalism teacher can point to this but then you would just claim they're biased.

Box Ox

The ignorance is both more obvious and more organized on the Right than it used to be

OK, maybe you’re right on that point. 🤣

“Former President Donald Trump has found a new way to monetize his infamous mugshot, while also selling the chance to see his face in person.

Trump announced Tuesday that snippets of the suit he wore for that photo would be available for purchase, as part of a new sale of NFT "digital trading cards," a product he debuted in late 2022.”

Next Day Err

They have normalized political behavior that would have been laughed off the stage a couple decades ago.
Fox and other right wing media's first job is to stoke an emotional reaction from the audience. The current Republican Party is evidence of such.

You're going to sit there and honestly compare the journalistic bona fides of Sean Hannity vs. John Dickerson?

Also you have to throw in News Nation, NewsMax, OAN. You could honestly put Joe Rogan and others in there. This is just getting pretty close to scraping the bottom of the barrel crap in our society as far as TV/video media goes.

"Mainstream media" is such a stupid buzzword to describe the "left wing" media these days. I hardly EVER hear any explicitly pro-labor, anti-capitalist views on any of these networks. That's because their not left wing in the traditional sense.

Next Day Err

OK, maybe you’re right on that point. 🤣

“Former President Donald Trump has found a new way to monetize his infamous mugshot, while also selling the chance to see his face in person.

Trump announced Tuesday that snippets of the suit he wore for that photo would be available for purchase, as part of a new sale of NFT "digital trading cards," a product he debuted in late 2022.”
Wow.

I have to wonder if a multi-billionaire (Trump has claimed, what, $10 billion?) would need or want to stoop to this level for a few hundred thousand dollars?

I feel sorry for the truly hoodwinked.

Fox and other right wing media's first job is to stoke an emotional reaction from the audience. The current Republican Party is evidence of such.

You're going to sit there and honestly compare the journalistic bona fides of Sean Hannity vs. John Dickerson?

Also you have to throw in News Nation, NewsMax, OAN. You could honestly put Joe Rogan and others in there. This is just getting pretty close to scraping the bottom of the barrel crap in our society as far as TV/video media goes.

"Mainstream media" is such a stupid buzzword to describe the "left wing" media these days. I hardly EVER hear any explicitly pro-labor, anti-capitalist views on any of these networks. That's because their not left wing in the traditional sense.
Yes, I've had this discussion with R wing family and friends. They honestly believe those sites are just like Fox etc.

donald kind of falls into this category of fairly clever people out there, pretty competent in their own spheres, who are simply incurious and/or not well read. But what he's pretty good at is identifying an easy mark.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1702734724662.png