THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
True, but people don't determine the presidency. The states send electors to their capitals to cast a vote for the winner of the popular vote. The president is the candidate with the most electors votes not necessarily the greatest number of votes.
I guess a state can allow slaves then, or nullify any amendment. Please.

UnionStrong

True, but people don't determine the presidency. The states send electors to their capitals to cast a vote for the winner of the popular vote. The president is the candidate with the most electors votes not necessarily the greatest number of votes.
Thanks, I didn’t know that. Lol

UnionStrong

Slavery is covered by the 13th Amendment to the Constitution and Lincoln had to add the SCOTUS in order to secure the passage.
Trump broke no laws. It was a partisan hack court. That’s why it needs to be appealed to the highest court, that’s what it’s there for. Maybe you should brush up on the process.

Up In Smoke

There was much discussion prior to the 2020 election how state supreme courts were ruling on state elections when that process belongs to the legislative branch. Now that branch is being challenged by the judicial branch. I'm not sure this belongs in federal court.

UnionStrong

There was much discussion prior to the 2020 election how state supreme courts were ruling on state elections when that process belongs to the legislative branch. Now that branch is being challenged by the judicial branch. I'm not sure this belongs in federal court.
Think what you want. The fact remains, the US Supreme Court has the last word.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, I believe individual states have the representative rights under the Constitution to determine who's eligible to be on their ballots. If, at some time it's determined that state elections and the electoral college are outdated and the Federal Government should run national elections, then I will accept the will of the people or their representatives.
Except they based their decision on the 14th Amendment. Already decided that the 14th is only enforceable by the Federal government.

U.S. Supreme Court will invalidate it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Correct, the Colorado SC. States control their election processes and eligibility. How far do we let the Federal Government dig into state's laws??
No, I believe individual states have the representative rights under the Constitution to determine who's eligible to be on their ballots. If, at some time it's determined that state elections and the electoral college are outdated and the Federal Government should run national elections, then I will accept the will of the people or their representatives.
Eligibility for the presidency is a constitutional issue.

Leftists don't care because they hate the Constitution.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think it’s hilarious. It’s one step closer to the Dis- United States of America. If States can just summarily decide they don’t want to have someone on the ballot. What’s the point of voting at all ? Lol bring it on it’s all been a sham anyway.

Presidents are selected not elected.​

Franklin D. Roosevelt

The constant gaslighting from the Democrat party is so obvious it's hard to imagine how their voters keep falling for it.

Cry the GOP is anti Democratic while literally trying to prevent people from voting for the opposing party.

Thebrownblob

The constant gaslighting from the Democrat party is so obvious it's hard to imagine how their voters keep falling for it.

Cry the GOP is anti Democratic while literally trying to prevent people from voting for the opposing party.
Once the illusion that people have an actual choice is gone, the game is changed Things will not be pretty.

vantexan

Correct, the Colorado SC. States control their election processes and eligibility. How far do we let the Federal Government dig into state's laws??
Does due process matter anymore? Trump has not been charged and convicted of insurrection. The 14th Amendment doesn't even mention the presidency and the Amendment was enacted to deal with former Confeferates.

vantexan

States don't have the right to deny citizens their Constitutional rights.

UnionStrong

Why is it always the Democrats trying to end run the Constitution?
Because they suck? And can’t afford to bring it to a vote. They want to do away with elections completely according to Klaus Schwab. We won’t need them because AI will be able to predict who the people want. A left wing AI, of course.