THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

tourists24

I could argue that Colorado is protecting democracy. And I do. But I do think this decision may be overturned.

All I’m asking for are candidates who don’t engage in insurrection or rebellion.
When Trump is legally charged and convicted of insurrection I'll agree with you. He hasn't even been charged yet. It shouldn't be supreme court's job to convict or acquit on it's own.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When Trump is legally charged and convicted of insurrection I'll agree with you. He hasn't even been charged yet. It shouldn't be supreme court's job to convict or acquit on it's own.
But he was charged by the House and found innocent. Colorado judges don't care about facts it seems. They have a weak President Biden to protect.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’d bet even the Colorado judges who voted to ban Trump from the ballot are hoping they’re overturned by the Supreme Court.

Would you like more states to ban him from their ballots?
The Colorado judges put a stay on their own decision expecting it to get overturned.

newolddude

New estimates for the 2024 Republican Presidential Primary

GBv1YJOXMAA4k06

Next Day Err

When Trump is legally charged and convicted of insurrection I'll agree with you. He hasn't even been charged yet. It shouldn't be supreme court's job to convict or acquit on its own.
Constitution of the United States doesn’t say anything about needing to be convicted of such crimes to be found by courts to have committed the rebellion and thus barred from appearing on the ballot.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Constitution of the United States doesn’t say anything about needing to be convicted of such crimes to be found by courts to have committed the rebellion and thus barred from appearing on the ballot.

So a state judge or judges can simply declare that the accused has engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States and that's it. No election candidacy for them.

Brown Down

No but in the 14th it also mentions due process in the states. A liberty is running for office. Thus this ruling will be ruled unconstitutional because of that alone. You can't deny liberties over accusations no matter how much they seem true.

tourists24

Ok... if that's the standard you like now don't complain when the same standard is applied by a court with someone you support. This sets a new set of rules which is opening pandora's box. Maybe a red state should not allow Biden's name on their ballot for not securing the boarder; which could be argued that is causing insurrection also. All it takes is for some judges to deem it that way

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok... if that's the standard you like now don't complain when the same standard is applied by a court with someone you support. This sets a new set of rules which is opening pandora's box. Maybe a red state should not allow Biden's name on their ballot for not securing the boarder; which could be argued that is causing insurrection also. All it takes is for some judges to deem it that way
Kamala is the border czar. Disqualify her too.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One must keep in mind that Trump hasn't yet been charged with any crimes that occurred on J6.
For a court to find him guilty without charges being filed causes the rest of the world to know that the USA is no longer a democratic country.

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
GOP states are considering to do the same to Biden.

I have no doubt if the left thinks all that's needed is a declaration from a judge that someone has engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States. Especially since those terms haven't even been clearly defined.

What might a conservative judge label as rebellion against the US?

oldngray

nowhere special
I have no doubt if the left thinks all that's needed is a declaration from a judge that someone has engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States. Especially since those terms haven't even been clearly defined.

What might a conservative judge label as rebellion against the US?
Everyone on the J6 Committee?