THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1705790794670.png

fishtm2001

I predict she will re-think her anti Tubby rant when she realizes her only path to being the first woman potus is to kiss butt and take the VP spot. The GOP loves their flip floppers anyway.

vantexan

We are energy independent. Oil is imported because the importers can make money on it.

So that's why Biden worked out a deal with Venezuela? He just wanted them to make some money?

Sportello

So that's why Biden worked out a deal with Venezuela? He just wanted them to make some money?
Venezuela would be the exporter of oil, and other goods. The importers are the American companies buying the goods. The American companies would make profit from refining Venezuelan goods.

I’m guessing this is what you’re talking about?

Sportello

From the Wall Street Journal today:

Why Americans Have Lost Faith in the Value of College​

“The political turmoil that rocked universities over the past three months and sparked the resignations of two Ivy League presidents has landed like an unwelcome thud on institutions already struggling to maintain the trust of the American public.

For three generations, the national aspiration to “college for all” shaped America’s economy and culture, as most high-school graduates took it for granted that they would earn a degree. That consensus is now collapsing in the face of massive student debt, underemployed degree-holders and political intolerance on campus.”
One does not need to go to a university to become educated. Ask the boss of this site.

vantexan

To stabilize their economy in an attempt to slow the number of people leaving Venezuela: some of whom come to America as refugees.
Millions of Venezuelans left Venezuela at least 4 years ago. Biden administration struck a deal for oil last year to shore up our needs due to troubles in the Middle East. We do NOT produce enough oil to be energy independent but were on our way until Biden took office and shut down Federal land drilling. They then put us back in the volatile Middle East which is exactly what our military/industrial complex wants.

newolddude

Millions of Venezuelans left Venezuela at least 4 years ago. Biden administration struck a deal for oil last year to shore up our needs due to troubles in the Middle East. We do NOT produce enough oil to be energy independent but were on our way until Biden took office and shut down Federal land drilling. They then put us back in the volatile Middle East which is exactly what our military/industrial complex wants.
Remind me again who was president in 2020?

You keep repeating “energy independence” over and over while conveniently ignoring record domestic production and greater efficiency.

Short answer: the type of energy independence you demand would be at greatly lowered profits for oil companies and higher costs for Americans.

vantexan

Venezuela would be the exporter of oil, and other goods. The importers are the American companies buying the goods. The American companies would make profit from refining Venezuelan goods.

I’m guessing this is what you’re talking about?

I never said we would export oil to Venezuela. If importing their oil to help stop Venezuelans leaving is the goal then what are we doing for all the other countries to stop their citizens from coming? Already documented that NGO's are encouraging mass migration to the States with promises they'll get in and have jobs. Where are all these countries that have such horrendous situations that people are coming here seeking asylum out of the over 100+ countries they're coming from? These are economic refugees looking for jobs. When they get here and realize it's not what they thought concerning jobs many are talking about going home including Venezuelans.

vantexan

You keep repeating “energy independence” over and over while conveniently ignoring record domestic production and greater efficiency.

Short answer: the type of energy independence you demand would be at greatly lowered profits for oil companies and higher costs for Americans.
We do not produce enough oil to meet our needs but Trump had us on our way. Biden's closing down Federal land required us to start importing more from the Middle East again. And the increase in production Stateside is due primarily to capped wells being reopened to take advantage of higher prices. The goal by our government should be to get the price of gas down to the point that American consumers spend less on it. Closing down Federal land production caused the spike in prices well above what we were paying under Trump and was a major contributor to the spike in inflation.

vantexan

Millions of Venezuelans left at least 4 years ago but I never said they all came up here. I was in Colombia in 2020 and they were swamped with Venezuelan refugees.