THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Next Day Err

That the vaccine would stop the virus and that you wouldn’t die if you got the shot and that if you got the shot, everything would be fine. Absurd on it on its face, but yet people believed it and your president even said it.
The scientific community never said outright that the 3 vaccines were a total panacea and would be 100% effective for every person and for every subsequent strain.

This is what I find so interesting about righties. Everything is black or white. There’s no middle ground. No nuance. No complications. Everything is 100% or 0%. A trans person is insane because they’re not like me. Vaccines that don’t protect everyone equally under every circumstance aren’t effective at ALL. Any protection of American wildlands or native lands is outright persecution of the oil industry.

How many of the geniuses who saved countless human lives around the world with the vaccines are right-wing MAGA types do you suppose?

I’m college educated. I was trained to see the world as complicated and not to jump to every conclusion on every last issue.

Brown Down

The scientific community never said outright that the 3 vaccines were a total panacea and would be 100% effective for every person and for every subsequent strain.

This is what I find so interesting about righties. Everything is black or white. There’s no middle ground. No nuance. No complications. Everything is 100% or 0%. A trans person is insane because they’re not like me. Vaccines that don’t protect everyone equally under every circumstance aren’t effective at ALL. Any protection of American wildlands or native lands is outright persecution of the oil industry.

How many of the geniuses who saved countless human lives around the world with the vaccines are right-wing MAGA types do you suppose?

I’m college educated. I was trained to see the world as complicated and not to jump to every conclusion on every last issue.
You don't get that they LIED about everything about it. PERIOD. We were called dumb for questioning any bit of it. Most of which ended up being the truth. Yes extreme people on the other side didn't even believe it was real. or that the vaccines did anything. but ALOT of people like myself questioned how things just HAD to be different with this compared to other similar situations. YOU are the one only seeing it as black and white. i can't help you are color blind.

Thebrownblob

Never met someone so ignorant, who is college educated.

College taught me to be critical and question things that don’t make sense.

So you wanted to throw people into jail? Tell them they couldn’t have medical procedures done because you cared about them? And if they had only taken a pharmaceutical that you took, that would make everything better? Truly a warped reality you live in.

Don’t forget Trump bullied the FDA to push that vaccine through as quick as possible. You are much more like him than you imagine like I said.

Never had a problem personally with people who wanted to take the vaccine everyone should make their own choice and not feel pressured because of some fake bogeyman or unrealistic outcome the leader of the free world promised.

Thebrownblob

It was a national emergency. Warp Speed is something I give him credit for not standing in the way of.

lol I thought MAGA and righties hated red tape anyway.
I don’t know you’ll have to ask one. Although I don’t think clinical trials that you cannot speed up that usually take 5 to 7 years, are red tape.

I would call that being safe like we’ve always called it.

The worst thing you can ever do in any scary situation is panic….

Next Day Err

I don’t know you’ll have to ask one. Although I don’t think clinical trials that you cannot speed up that usually take 5 to 7 years, are red tape.

I would call that being safe like we’ve always called it.

The worst thing you can ever do in any scary situation is panic….
Johns Hopkins is reporting over 1.1 million American deaths since the pandemic reached our shores. The scientific community also estimates the vaccines have saved over 1 million American lives. If Trump had stopped Warp Speed we would’ve been behind the 8-ball and lost many more then 1.1 million by now.

There are literally people who love Trump who simultaneously believe Covid-19 was a Chinese bioweapon or an outright hoax. That means that Trump, from their point of view, should either be complicit in covering up a Chinese bioweapon attack or that he’s an abject fool.

But they still love him. lol. “Reason”.

Ron DeSantis was hoping people would turn on Trump in favor of DeSantis’ running to the right of Trump on vaccines. Didn’t work. He misunderstood that Trump’s voters don’t necessarily find logic and reason so appealing. But I digress.

Thebrownblob

Johns Hopkins is reporting over 1.1 million American deaths since the pandemic reached our shores. The scientific community also estimates the vaccines have saved over 1 million American lives. If Trump had stopped Warp Speed we would’ve been behind the 8-ball and lost many more then 1.1 million by now.

There are literally people who love Trump who simultaneously believe Covid-19 was a Chinese bioweapon or an outright hoax. That means that Trump, from their point of view, should either be complicit in covering up a Chinese bioweapon attack or that he’s an abject fool.

But they still love him. lol. “Reason”.

Ron DeSantis was hoping people would turn on Trump in favor of DeSantis’ running to the right of Trump on vaccines. Didn’t work. He misunderstood that Trump’s voters don’t necessarily find logic and reason so appealing. But I digress.
I have no idea why Trump is away with his Covid response from his followers. Much like Biden voters they have very little ability to see when anything is wrong. or at least refuse to admit.

Next Day Err

I have no idea why Trump is away with his Covid response from his followers. Much like Biden voters they have very little ability to see when anything is wrong. or at least refuse to admit.
I have a hypothesis: Trump voters are angry. They have a lot of grievances. Trump is angry. Trump has a lot of grievances. Trump has successfully convinced his supporters that his problems are their problems. Trump has convinced his supporters that if the deep state can come after him then they will come after them.

He has successfully misdirected their angry energy to his benefit. He has successfully appealed to his supporters’ sense of injustice, character and integrity and competency be damned.

Thebrownblob

I have a hypothesis: Trump voters are angry. They have a lot of grievances. Trump is angry. Trump has a lot of grievances. Trump has successfully convinced his supporters that his problems are their problems. Trump has convinced his supporters that if the deep state can come after him then they will come after them.

He has successfully misdirected their angry energy to his benefit. He has successfully appealed to his supporters’ sense of injustice, character and integrity and competency be damned.
Well, I have a hypothesis too. It appears the deep state already came after his supporters. A lot of them went to jail, with no due process but he didn’t. Make you wonder…