THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yah, because the Democrats were soooooo cooperative getting that wall built. And now we know why, huh?
The GOP held the House , Senate and Presidency for two full years. He could have pushed thru whatever he wanted, and what he wanted was to give huge tax breaks for the rich. He somehow found time for that

vantexan

The GOP held the House , Senate and Presidency for two full years. He could have pushed thru whatever he wanted, and what he wanted was to give huge tax breaks for the rich. He somehow found time for that
The Dems repeatedly filibustered in the Senate. Not as easy as you make it out to be.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
IMG_2484.jpeg

vantexan

What part of "I alone can fix it" did you not understand?

You were conned. Admit it.
There's this thing built into the Constitution called "checks and balances." What that means is no part of the government can get too powerful because of Constitutional limits put on them. So a president can't wave his hands and make something happen without Congressional cooperation. And outside groups can often limit what can be done through the courts. If you're familiar at all with the Constitution then you already know that's it's one thing to make a campaign promise, quite another to get it done in the highly partisan climate in Washington. Not a matter of being conned. It's a matter of people working together for the good of the country. We're seeing people being murdered, raped, robbed by the criminal element that came in unchecked because the Democrats not only prevented the wall from being built but did/are doing everything possible to get in as many as possible. Trump is likely our only chance to get this reversed but he'll be facing liberals determined to stop him including suing in court to keep all the illegals here. No matter the harm being done to our citizens. But it's going to bite you in November. What part of "you break it, you own it" do you not understand?

Next Day Err

There's this thing built into the Constitution called "checks and balances."
Did anyone tell Donald Trump this before he stood above an adoring crowd at the 2016 RNC and ominously declared "I alone can fix it"? I'm not sure that he knew about checks and balances at that point.

So a president can't wave his hands and make something happen without Congressional cooperation.
So Biden can't solve the border issue in perpetuity, for example, without Congressional cooperation. Got it.
And outside groups can often limit what can be done through the courts.
So you understand why the current White House is hesitant to act on executive fiat when it comes to contentious issues like the border because it'll end up in the courts in about 5 seconds?
If you're familiar at all with the Constitution then you already know that's it's one thing to make a campaign promise, quite another to get it done in the highly partisan climate in Washington.
Good news, everybody! Trump claimed that he'd like to start terminating parts of the Constitution. Why not just trash the whole thing while we're at it? Then after that, since Trump claimed he totally, definitely wouldn't be a dictator "other than day one" he can just solve all the problems in 24 hours! Easy peasy.
Trump is likely our only chance to get this reversed but he'll be facing liberals determined to stop him including suing in court to keep all the illegals here.
Trump had two full years of full Republican control to get the wall built. It didn't work because he's incompetent and his administration was incompetent. And when the incompetency became obvious they turned to unAmerican cruelty.
Not a matter of being conned.
Everybody who cheered when Trump claimed that 'he alone could fix it' was conned. That's not the way it works in the United States of America. No one person or party fixes entire swaths of issues without democratic or bipartisan support. Which is kind of what I'm hearing you argue for as well. So my point stands. People were conned by Donald Trump. They are being conned again by his authoritarian rhetoric.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Did anyone tell Donald Trump this before he stood above an adoring crowd at the 2016 RNC and ominously declared "I alone can fix it"? I'm not sure that he knew about checks and balances at that point.

So Biden can't solve the border issue in perpetuity, for example, without Congressional cooperation. Got it.

So you understand why the current White House is hesitant to act on executive fiat when it comes to contentious issues like the border because it'll end up in the courts in about 5 seconds?

Good news, everybody! Trump claimed that he'd like to start terminating parts of the Constitution. Why not just trash the whole thing while we're at it? Then after that, since Trump claimed he totally, definitely wouldn't be a dictator "other than day one" he can just solve all the problems in 24 hours! Easy peasy.

Trump had two full years of full Republican control to get the wall built. It didn't work because he's incompetent and his administration was incompetent. And when the incompetency became obvious they turned to unAmerican cruelty.

Everybody who cheered when Trump claimed that 'he alone could fix it' was conned. That's not the way it works in the United States of America. No one person or party fixes entire swaths of issues without democratic or bipartisan support. Which is kind of what I'm hearing you argue for as well. So my point stands. People were conned by Donald Trump. They are being conned again by his authoritarian rhetoric.
1709477532513.gif

vantexan

Biden already has all the tools needed to fix the problem. They were given to the president by Congress in 1952. It allowed Obama to earn the nickname "Deporter-in-Chief" and for Trump to get the border under control. Biden wants this new law to be passed for two simple reasons, it'll codify bringing in 5000 illegals a day and will give Republicans co-ownership of the problem going into the election. This is entirely a Democratic Party problem. You created it, you own it.

And ask how many times Democrats in the Senate filibustered efforts to build the wall while the Republicans held the majority? Trump figured a legal way around it but by then it was too late to get it built.

And of course you're mischaracterizing what Trump has said. But hey, do your worst. After 3 years of incompetence no one is buying what you and Biden are selling. The only chance Biden has in November is if Democrats cheat like no one has ever cheated before. And that would be so obvious it would get invalidated.

Next Day Err

And of course you're mischaracterizing what Trump has said.
Have I mischaracterized what he said?
I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people that cannot defend themselves. Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it. I have seen firsthand how the system is rigged against our citizens, just like it was rigged against Bernie Sanders – he never had a chance.

-Donald Trump, nomination acceptance speech at the RNC, 2016
Did he fix it? He said he could. Alone.