THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many of thise new cases got sick, got over it? Most of them.

Sportello

The Blaze is not a reputable news source.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1710992153628.png

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.

The Blaze is not a reputable news source.

The Blaze article headline:

"New York Times admits the truth about COVID school closures and the long-term harms of fear-based decision-making"

The New York Times article it's referring to:

Headline: "The more time students spent in remote instruction, the further they fell behind. And, experts say, extended closures did little to stop the spread of Covid."

Article body:

"A variety of data — about children’s academic outcomes and about the spread of Covid-19 — has accumulated in the time since. Today, there is broad acknowledgment among many public health and education experts that extended school closures did not significantly stop the spread of Covid, while the academic harms for children have been large and long-lasting."

"In the future, infectious disease experts said, they hoped decisions would be guided more by epidemiological data as it emerged, taking into account the trade-offs.

“Could we have used data to better guide our decision making? Yes,” said Dr. Uzma N. Hasan, division chief of pediatric infectious diseases at RWJBarnabas Health in Livingston, N.J. “Fear should not guide our decision making.”

Sportello

The Blaze article headline:

"New York Times admits the truth about COVID school closures and the long-term harms of fear-based decision-making"

The New York Times article it's referring to:

Headline: "The more time students spent in remote instruction, the further they fell behind. And, experts say, extended closures did little to stop the spread of Covid."

Article body:

"A variety of data — about children’s academic outcomes and about the spread of Covid-19 — has accumulated in the time since. Today, there is broad acknowledgment among many public health and education experts that extended school closures did not significantly stop the spread of Covid, while the academic harms for children have been large and long-lasting."

"In the future, infectious disease experts said, they hoped decisions would be guided more by epidemiological data as it emerged, taking into account the trade-offs.

“Could we have used data to better guide our decision making? Yes,” said Dr. Uzma N. Hasan, division chief of pediatric infectious diseases at RWJBarnabas Health in Livingston, N.J. “Fear should not guide our decision making.”
So the former administration screwed that up, as well?

Sportello

This is an article from 2022. Seems your “So American banks haven't loaned Trump money for... decades?” is fake news. Better go back to Morning Joe and get another talking point to be upset about today.

Yes, Axos bank gave him a loan for $225,000,000. Do you know the terms of that loan? He's over leveraged. Trump Tower and Doral are owned by Axos Bank.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Is this really that hard for you to grasp? Their money is in their assets, their business. You guys act like these people are just like you, only they have billions in their bank accounts. Doesn't work that way.
I grasp the fact that in a deposition last year Trump stated he had Four Hundred Million in cash. His words not mine👍
You don’t need think he LIED again do you??

vantexan

I grasp the fact that in a deposition last year Trump stated he had Four Hundred Million in cash. His words not mine👍

I'm not understanding why you find this hard to grasp. Trump doesn't want to turn over all of his liquid assets. That would put him in a precarious position. He knows, as well as you, that the state AG isn't fighting some noble cause. She's out to ruin him. She is specifically targeting Trump. And people like you are cheering her on. You don't care about all the ramifications of what she's doing to our legal system. You just want her to use the legal system in every way possible to screw Trump.

Next Day Err

I'm not understanding why you find this hard to grasp. Trump doesn't want to turn over all of his liquid assets. That would put him in a precarious position. He knows, as well as you, that the state AG isn't fighting some noble cause. She's out to ruin him. She is specifically targeting Trump. And people like you are cheering her on. You don't care about all the ramifications of what she's doing to our legal system. You just want her to use the legal system in every way possible to screw Trump.
The case is done. He lost. If he wants to appeal then he has to put up the cash. AG James is merely following the law.

vantexan

The case is done. He lost. If he wants to appeal then he has to put up the cash. AG James is merely following the law.
AG James and her judge found out how much Trump had in liquid assets then set the judgement beyond that. The 8th Amendment addresses excessive fines. I fully expect a lawsuit from Trump concerning violating his constitutional rights.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!

Why would Trump fall for her game? He will fight to the end before he hands over a dollar. I just hope that all the people with TDS doesn’t end their lives if this game backfires and he makes more money and more support from this.

Next Day Err

AG James and her judge found out how much Trump had in liquid assets then set the judgement beyond that. The 8th Amendment addresses excessive fines. I fully expect a lawsuit from Trump concerning violating his constitutional rights.
He defrauded regulated entities in the state of New York. If he didn’t want to risk getting caught and paying the piper then he should have refrained from breaking state law.

There’s no provision that a fraudster shouldn’t be responsible for disgorgement just because he doesn’t have cash. Trump can sell assets, have a third party pay his way, or declare bankruptcy if he wants to appeal this case.

Sportello

Was it the former administration that closed schools, or was it local and state jurisdictions?
Federal guidance. A leader should lead and take responsibility. He knew in January how bad it could be and totally ignored it because Jared told him it would affect Blue states. Instead it was mostly Red states where it killed the most.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He defrauded regulated entities in the state of New York. If he didn’t want to risk getting caught and paying the piper then he should have refrained from breaking state law.

There’s no provision that a fraudster shouldn’t be responsible for disgorgement just because he doesn’t have cash. Trump can sell assets, have a third party pay his way, or declare bankruptcy if he wants to appeal this case.
Lol, bankers involved disagree. Judge wanted guilty no matter what.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I’m glad the judge appointed a babysitter so Trump won’t be able to get his dictator buddies in Korea,Russia or Turkey to bail him out and have him owe them