THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Next Day Err

She was surely qualified for some form of leadership level, but the top spot? Look at the actual leadership jobs she had. 2017-18 at an assistant director and a special service agent in Michigan. 3 years as a director for Pepsi. That's all so was that enough? If that made her the top choice then I guess she was the best choice. That's the problem when DEI is pushed so hard; there will always be a question whether a person is promoted to top spots based more on pure merit or if it was the color of their skin, or sex, or LBGT.......
To be head of global security at a Fortune 44 company is not a small task. But don’t let me stop you from looking down on all women hires.

Next Day Err

Oh, you’re so silly, just like the Democrat senator said yesterday he’s pretty sure she could have a job somewhere. Just not the one she has. I think I’ve made it very clear unlike you that race, gender and sexual orientation are meaningless. If you’re qualified, you should get the job. If you’re not then get some better qualifications.
But it seems like she had lots of experience in security and had served off and on in the USSS since 1995. If a man had that kind of experience you wouldn’t have much to say about it, would you?

Thebrownblob

But it seems like she had lots of experience in security and had served off and on in the USSS since 1995. If a man had that kind of experience you wouldn’t have much to say about it, would you?
Words on paper mean nothing and everybody knows that. There’s no way she was qualified with as badly as she failed. And it’s just a beautiful thing that a bureaucrat like her doesn’t answer to anybody and can decide if she wants to resign or not. Wouldn’t that be great? I’m gonna guess there’s lots of people that didn’t think she was qualified and knew it, but we’re too afraid to say.

tourists24

To be head of global security at a Fortune 44 company is not a small task. But don’t let me stop you from looking down on all women hires.
I'm not. I'm just questioning if she was the best person to be the head of the SS. And since the assassination attempt went so wrong it does make me wonder if she was, and if her gender gave her an advantage to fulfill a DEI hire.

Next Day Err

Words on paper mean nothing and everybody knows that. There’s no way she was qualified with as badly as she failed. And it’s just a beautiful thing that a bureaucrat like her doesn’t answer to anybody and can decide if she wants to resign or not. Wouldn’t that be great? I’m gonna guess there’s lots of people that didn’t think she was qualified and knew it, but we’re too afraid to say.
She failed so all women are useless in the workplace where all men would be better

:censored2:ing Jesus.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Cheatle joined the United States Secret Service in 1995.She was involved in the evacuation of Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney during the September 11 attacksand served on Joe Biden's protective detail during the Obama administration, when she was assigned to the Vice Presidential Protective Division. In 2017 and 2018, she served as deputy assistant director. She served as special-agent-in-charge in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, office. She became the first woman to serve as assistant director of Protective Operations, a unit tasked with protection of the President of the United States and dignitaries.

From 2019 to 2022, Cheatle served as senior director of global security at PepsiCo.

In 2021, President Joe Biden awarded Cheatle a Presidential Rank Award for exceptional performance. In August 2022, President Biden announced the appointment of Cheatle as director of the United States Secret Service, and she assumed office on September 17, 2022. Cheatle took over the Secret Service following "a turbulent couple of months in which the agency best known for protecting presidents has faced controversies related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol."

(Seems at least fairly qualified? I’m not a security expert but I’m sure all of you guys are)

So…she blew it. Ask any security expert some of us “guys” are Vets and it does not take an expert to know stupidity. Trump asked the right question: If the team knew there was a viable threat out there why didn’t they prevent him from getting on stage and cleared the area in question?

She was a paper pusher for sure, probably never served or killed a man. How many qualified men were passed over in order to get her into that position. There were rumblings before about WOKE politics at the SS before this shooting. Did you notice that there were no female snipers in duty, why is that. Just saw a video interview with a private professional security contractor, he ripped them one way and another over the mistakes that were made. He stated that the sniper who took the shot may of hesitated a micro second because he never killed a man before. He also stated that the men in full body armor who took the stage were born killers and would pop you in a minute if they see a threat. Men understand this, being cute doesn’t cut it.

vantexan

Got any hard evidence for this? Or is this just a feeling you have?
It's why Kamala is the VP. Joe said he was going to pick a black woman. She did nothing in the 2020 primaries that made her a political force. And Democrats held onto Joe as long as they could because no wanted her to be president. Now she's likely the nominee and the Dems are trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Whether it's a VP or an administrative head the person chosen should be the best available. Look at Pete Buttegieg as Transportation Secretary. He didn't have experience in the transportation industry but he ticked off a box as a gay man. That's no way to run a government. Really showed in his handling of the East Palestine, OH train derailment. As well as the Southwest Airlines meltdown. Our citizens deserve good governance from the best people available. Not on the job training or manipulative media coverage.

Next Day Err

If it’s a woman in charge and that agency screws up then IMMEDIATELY there are suspicions that blames the hiring of the woman. Why? This never happens to a man for simply being a man.

Appvol

If it’s a woman in charge and that agency screws up then IMMEDIATELY there are suspicions that blames the hiring of the woman. Why? This never happens to a man for simply being a man.
You are so wrong. It’s because it was a DEI hire friend hire. As nothing to do with being a woman especially if that woman was the most qualified.

vantexan

If you want a black woman VP you pick someone like Condoleezza Rice. She had policy experience and outstanding credentials. In her case she's as capable as any man. Another woman who doesn't have similar experience may not be as capable but the thinking seems to be you can't criticize her because she's a woman. Chauvinism, racism, etc. It's backwards thinking. Put the best in decision making roles no matter who they are, not because of what they are.

vantexan

It was? Citation needed.
Most likely she was picked to head the Secret Service because she was on Jill's detail when Joe was VP and was said to be Jill's favorite. But it's her policy for DEI hires after being installed that matter. She planned to make the Secret Service 30% female by 2030. Wonderful you say. Except as was demonstrated in Butler the female agents involved weren't tall enough to completely cover the candidate. You don't sacrifice safety in the name of equity. Throw in the many bad decisions made and one has to question the competency of the director.