THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Next Day Err

Most likely she was picked to head the Secret Service because she was on Jill's detail when Joe was VP and was said to be Jill's favorite. But it's her policy for DEI hires after being installed that matter. She planned to make the Secret Service 30% female by 2030. Wonderful you say. Except as was demonstrated in Butler the female agents involved weren't tall enough to completely cover the candidate. You don't sacrifice safety in the name of equity. Throw in the many bad decisions made and one has to question the competency of the director.
They all should’ve tackled the protectee and not let him up until it was all clear for sure. They ALL failed, including the men.

Thebrownblob

“Why” she was a failure has nothing to do with her sex and gender, unless YOU have evidence. Do you see how this works?
You don’t know that she wasn’t hired because of her sex do you? Because they won’t tell us will they? So you can’t say that with any certainty It’s very hard to know those things when they lie or are evasive about things. It would be hard for me to believe you were that ignorant on how things work.

fishtm2001

It's remarkable how fast Republicans have pivoted from Biden is decrepit and brain dead to Biden was ousted in a coup by anti-democratic elites! I mean, I would have figured it would take at least a few days.

Kevin Drum

Next Day Err

You don’t know that she wasn’t hired because of her sex do you? Because they won’t tell us will they? So you can’t say that with any certainty It’s very hard to know those things when they lie or are evasive about things. It would be hard for me to believe you were that ignorant on how things work.
THEN LET’S CHILL AND WAIT FOR THE INVESTIGATION. I can’t be expected to prove a counterfactual here.

fishtm2001

"...Nancy Pelosi had the guts and ability to do what Mitch McConnell couldn’t do on his side, and he has had multiple chances and a much stronger case to do it, if he had the skills he supposedly does he could have pulled off the post January 6th impeachment, yeah they’d have taken a hit with Trump’s base but it was early enough that by now anti partisanship would have kicked in and they’d be the ones running a young fresh candidate against an old man.'

KD

Next Day Err

See that’s where the problem is the investigation will never tell us anything. You know it and I know it as long as they’re investigating themselves nothing will happen and nothing will be said.
Wow, you sure seem to know exactly what the future will be. Better to just blame women and people that hire them without evidence. Actually, let’s blame them with countervailing evidence!

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
Of course it would. Mistakes that dumb might now become known as "Cheatles".
He would rather gaslight everyone instead of trying to get to the bottom of why she was such a failure and allowed to take this position.

The USSS might be in big trouble if Cheatle was made director because she performed more competently than any other potential candidate for the position.

vantexan

They all should’ve tackled the protectee and not let him up until it was all clear for sure. They ALL failed, including the men.
They still have to stand him up and walk him out. Women are a foot.shorter shouldn't be on that detail. Nor should very short men. Safety is paramount, not inclusion.

Thebrownblob

They still have to stand him up and walk him out. Women are a foot.shorter shouldn't be on that detail. Nor should very short men. Safety is paramount, not inclusion.
Interesting that the Director did not understand that that is a pretty basic idea. You need some pretty big people to block bullets.

Next Day Err

I think we are learning that no security perimeter is necessarily perfect. One can try to kill the president, but one will die trying.

100% safety is an illusion.

This doesn’t absolve the USSS of anything, however. It was a failure. Trump should’ve never been shot at in the first place.

Thebrownblob

I think we are learning that no security perimeter is necessarily perfect. One can try to kill the president, but one will die trying.

100% safety is an illusion.

This doesn’t absolve the USSS of anything, however. It was a failure. Trump should’ve never been shot at in the first place.
I agree that 100% safety is a complete illusion.

It will be very hard to protect the president from a very well trained well equipped person/group who has the determination to do such a thing.

Unfortunately, in this instance, this young man was none of those things. Sounds like he just decided to take the day off and shoot a president and did very little planning. mostly the keystone cops let this happen.

My argument is not that that was a woman that was in charge. It was if there is a systemic problem within these organizations in their training or hiring practices, they will never tell us. They’re more worried about covering for their selves.
If anything, this lady was the fall lady for this whole nonsense. She may well have been in way over her head.

Appvol

It's remarkable how fast Republicans have pivoted from Biden is decrepit and brain dead to Biden was ousted in a coup by anti-democratic elites! I mean, I would have figured it would take at least a few days.

Kevin Drum
IMG_6607.jpeg