They are taking FT drivers OT

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not to be obtuse but if 22.4 drivers are able to do on straight time work that was once overtime then it is obviously no longer overtime.

It seems like a win/win to me.

Reduction in excessive overtime.

Increased full-time opportunities for part-time work force.

IMO
The part-time work force does deserve increased opportunity.
They won't be working straight time.
More likely is they could be working longer hours yearlong, more hours than any current FT package driver has ever seen.
And only because their OT is $12 cheeper than FT package's OT.
"Lose" your first point, and the second is not out of the doghouse just yet.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They won't be working straight time.
More likely is they could be working longer hours yearlong, more hours than any current FT package driver has ever seen.
And only because their OT is $12 cheeper than FT package's OT.
"Lose" your first point, and the second is not out of the doghouse just yet.
I don't follow your reasoning.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't follow your reasoning.
The OT is simply going to move around to the cheaper workforce
2 hours OT moved from FT package to FT hybrid leads to huge savings WITHOUT reducing OT
And the language appears to allow for 22.4 to be used almost entirely for delivery, 1 hour inside 10 on-road wink wink.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And strong Contract language is the only way for contract violations to exist where they should. We’re not seeing strong language in the new Contract.
Whatever the language ends up being it still must be supported and/or at least enforced.

I have seen more individuals, by far, ignore violations, than I have seen quality consistent enforcement of the CBA.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The OT is simply going to move around to the cheaper workforce
2 hours OT moved from FT package to FT hybrid leads to huge savings WITHOUT reducing OT
And the language appears to allow for 22.4 to be used almost entirely for delivery, 1 hour inside 10 on-road wink wink.
I still don't follow your reasoning.

Brohn Bron

Full-time drivers are only guaranteed up to 40 hours and that is under the condition that. " if the work is available".

While Hybrid drivers are not allowed to be under the protection of the 9.5 rule. That should tell you right there where all the overtime will go.

The vast majority of full-time drivers do not mind some overtime. Some are using the overtime to put their kids through college, have large families that need to support, or want to retire early, etc.

Why should a hybrid driver have the 1st right to all the overtime?

If you like overtime; you can count on losing $ 25000 to $35,000 or more per year.

This language could easily be adjusted to protect the current full-time drivers who want overtime and full-time drivers who don't.

As this language stands, the overtime pay they take from drivers who want it is going to subsidize a large portion of the new hybrids drivers pay.

This is what I think of when people complain about the long hours. Some people want that OT/Bonus. Don’t want the hours, GTFO. Or you could just speed up and stop laying down!

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
there will nothing left to call extra work or overtime work. your 40 job is guaranteed not your route or area or your stop count. all there gonna do is lower/adjust stop counts, move late pickups off of you and create hybrid routes for the hybrid drivers. everyone will be under 9.5 and it looks like there will be many drivers who will lose at least an hour a day in OT. it will get everyone home to see the kids and at the same time cut at least 10 grand and possibly more from your gross yearly pay

Last edited:

browned out

This agreement will be voted down unless language is included that protects Full Time Package Car Drivers' right to OT and extra work.

How do the Teamsters solve the excessive OT issue? The Hoffa/Taylor Team figures forcing 22.4 drivers to work up to 70 hours per week is the solution. WTF? What about the 22.4 drivers' kids games; what about their family time?

How does forcing someone to work up to 70 hours per week solve the excessive OT issue? All that does is great safety issues.

The package car driver group as a whole did not request the elimination of OT. The NLRB will have a look at this so-called handshake agreement if it becomes the actual CBA. Some members of the Teamsters have already been caught colluding with companies that have Teamster employees. An Unfair Labor Practice or Duty of Fair Representation violation will be filed if our rights to OT and extra work are not protected.

The Teamsters could have easily sent out questionnaires asking full time drivers if they wanted all OT eliminated.
If the Teamsters can use our dues to send out in excess of 10 mailers and a DVD in an attempt to push the last contract; then the Teamsters can use our dues to send out at least 1 survey or questionnaire to find out what the UPS employees real concerns are. The Teamsters should have asked. Do you support the elimination of all overtime? Do you think package car drivers should be limited to 40 hours per week?, Do you think 22.4's should have the first priority when it comes to OT? etc

Simple Language needs to included to protect our right to OT and extra work.
Force your locals to address this in the local rider or regional supplement. Language crafted similar to the below would be acceptable.

Attachments

• SeasonalExtentionLOA.pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 223
there will nothing left to call extra work or overtime work. your 40 job is guaranteed not your route or area or your stop count. all there gonna do is lower/adjust stop counts, move late pickups off of you and create hybrid routes for the hybrid drivers. everyone will be under 9.5 and it looks like there will be many drivers who will lose at least an hour a day in OT. it will get everyone home to see the kids and at the same time cut at least 10 grand and possibly more from your gross yearly pay

Yes and that’s a good thing! I’m going to vote NO only because I think the new job put a large target on all the current drivers. I get some people like or need OT but that’s not my problem. If you really need the OT you will be out early enough to get a second job like the rest of world. It’s only in the last 10 years or so after the recession that punching out after 8 hours and coffee has been a problem.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is not hybrid drivers the title will be is Full Time Combination Driver.

Who coined the term Hybrid Diver? Was it invented on the BC? Anyone know the origin?

Integrity

Binge Poster
This agreement will be voted down unless language is included that protects Full Time Package Car Drivers' right to OT and extra work.

How do the Teamsters solve the excessive OT issue? The Hoffa/Taylor Team figures forcing 22.4 drivers to work up to 70 hours per week is the solution. WTF? What about the 22.4 drivers' kids games; what about their family time?

How does forcing someone to work up to 70 hours per week solve the excessive OT issue? All that does is great safety issues.

The package car driver group as a whole did not request the elimination of OT. The NLRB will have a look at this so-called handshake agreement if it becomes the actual CBA. Some members of the Teamsters have already been caught colluding with companies that have Teamster employees. An Unfair Labor Practice or Duty of Fair Representation violation will be filed if our rights to OT and extra work are not protected.

The Teamsters could have easily sent out questionnaires asking full time drivers if they wanted all OT eliminated.
If the Teamsters can use our dues to send out in excess of 10 mailers and a DVD in an attempt to push the last contract; then the Teamsters can use our dues to send out at least 1 survey or questionnaire to find out what the UPS employees real concerns are. The Teamsters should have asked. Do you support the elimination of all overtime? Do you think package car drivers should be limited to 40 hours per week?, Do you think 22.4's should have the first priority when it comes to OT? etc

Simple Language needs to included to protect our right to OT and extra work.
Force your locals to address this in the local rider or regional supplement. Language crafted similar to the below would be acceptable.
Wow. You seem worried!?

22.34life

I sat thru the proposal meeting and have heard endless complaints about hours worked and weekend work,9.5,9.5,9.5,that's clearly what the members where most concerned with.the drivers said the 9.5 language does not mean that the company should violate and pay the penalty.now they wont.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Nobody will get home any earlier. If this gets voted in , I see a 10 am start time in the future. I can see my center manager getting that little jab in.