They are taking FT drivers OT

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I have never heard a Union Official blame anyone.
A7B45D35-C082-4855-9CED-3480C68F6EE3.jpeg

Brohn Bron

Let’s wake up here. UPS has a vested interest to cut overtime as much as they can. It’s EXPENSIVE! And it increases the likelihood of accidents working into the dark.

As I understand it, our union made the suggestion for this hybrid driver classification. Obviously the union was listening to our fellow teamsters because cutting OT hours was one of the main negotiating tickets on the agenda. I for one say BOOOooo. You 9.5ers out there have your option to request less work. Now your trying to take my OT away!

F

Frankie's Friend

Let’s wake up here. UPS has a vested interest to cut overtime as much as they can. It’s EXPENSIVE! And it increases the likelihood of accidents working into the dark.

As I understand it, our union made the suggestion for this hybrid driver classification. Obviously the union was listening to our fellow teamsters because cutting OT hours was one of the main negotiating tickets on the agenda. I for one say BOOOooo. You 9.5ers out there have your option to request less work. Now your trying to take my OT away!
Look dude are you suckered in too?
Hire, promote, and use more package car drivers on road.

Problem solved

End of story.

As for your assertion that the company is concerned with our safety since we've been literally slammed with mandatory over time hours since the strike in 97, well I'd say that's ...=>
:bsbullf:.

So we're going to put pkg car work on lesser compensated classified union members to help us out?

Why is this so hard to expose?
Is the membership this gullible?
Come on.

Brohn Bron

Look dude are you suckered in too?
Hire, promote, and use more package car drivers on road.

Problem solved

End of story.

As for your assertion that the company is concerned with our safety since we've been literally slammed with mandatory over time hours since the strike in 97, well I'd say that's ...=>
:bsbullf:.

So we're going to put pkg car work on lesser compensated classified union members to help us out?

Why is this so hard to expose?
Is the membership this gullible?
Come on.

Wow wow wow. Hold your horses (err.. cows??)

How am I suckered in? I am not thrilled about my hours being given out to anyone else.

As far as my assertion regarding safety. UPS doesn’t give a :censored2: about our safety. They give a :censored2: about how much accidents and injuries cost them. Don’t confuse the two, my friend!

F

Frankie's Friend

As I understand it, our union made the suggestion for this hybrid driver classification. Obviously the union was listening to our fellow teamsters because cutting OT hours was one of the main negotiating tickets on the agenda.
ç

Our union. That's funny.
Obviously not.

We never asked for diluted clsssification in package car work.

Why isn't our union fighting
for more pkg car jobs with top pay instead of a watered down split shift job that doesnt get paid the appropriate rate?

Is this what Hoffa Sr shed his blood for on the streets supporting blue collar workers?

I dont think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

BS, I have been with the company for close to 2 decades and not once was OT ever a consideration in anything they did. NOT ONCE! The company wanted a cheaper labor force and Dennis said here, "let me bend over for you!"

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
BS, I have been with the company for close to 2 decades and not once was OT ever a consideration in anything they did. NOT ONCE! The company wanted a cheaper labor force and Dennis said here, "let me bend over for you!"

Clerks, 22.3, and car washers are not allowed to work OT where I’m at

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Actually it is not. It is actually more of an introduction of a part time package car driver class that is in combo with other jobs to make it s full time job.

I don't see why part time combo drivers should make the same as a Regular Package Car Driver.
They will abuse that language just like surepost.... those hybrids will be on road 90% of the time ... you just wait and see !!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They wanna change a bunch of things.this contract.
The point is:

there should be a bullet point in the language along the lines of,

Any hybrid driver who exceeds 5 hours of driver time shall be paid all hours as a RPCD.
this hybrid was to give ups some flexibility on the weekend... now it’s already morphing into something beyond what we even imagined and we haven’t even seen the total contract language yet....lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
On the surface that may appear like what could happen but when you factor in all the extra costs associated with all these new “drivers” I’m not sure it will pay them to create many 22.4’s. Things like more trucks, workers comp insurance, fuel, pension contribution, healthcare, diads, etc.
They are thinking 15-20 years down the road here....

542thruNthru

Seriously.... why is anyone even attempting to discuss this with integrity.

You people must not know who/what he is. Do yourselves a favor and search threads he's made. He's a troll guys. Do not engage.

542thruNthru

I hope this "great" contract goes down in flames. This 22.4 is complete garbage and the union should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking it up. Using the PT workers to pass a crappy contract is all it is.

browned out

Quote from member Undertow. If the union and company were serious about using hybrids to ease the overloaded dispatch, then present a clause that has irrefutable 9.5 language on one end and iron clad protection forbidding exploitation of hybrids up to 70 hours on the other. Until that happens, I'd refuse it right there regardless of whatever other issues they claim to have "fixed".
And offer overtime and extra work to Regular Package Car Drivers first, and then offer the OT to 22.4 hybrid combination drivers.
This way the people who want the OT can get it. Those (whether they are RPCD or 22.4 hybrid drivers) who want to spend more time with their families will have that option.

Why would anyone think that having a new hybrid driver with a family work up to 70 hours with NO 9.5 PROTECTION EVER is good for that drivers family time?

When there are RPCD's who still want the OT because their kids have already moved out, etc. They already missed most of their kids weekday extracurricular activities over the last 15 years. Why penalize the drivers who have already sacrificed by losing that precious time?

Offer OT to Full Time Package Car Drivers first, then offer it to Air Drivers, and then offer it to 22.4s. If staffing needs are not met, then force in reverse order.

Why is it so difficult to get this common sense language into the Contract?