Tool talk

Gear

Parts on Order
No old Dynatard? Lol

No joke, I just worked on a dynatard a few weeks ago. His complaint was week engine brake. Found the front dynatard solenoid backed out and broke the wire. Replaced the front solenoid and adjusted the valves.
Also replaced the tach cable and rear brakes, drums and wheel seals. (Dayton wheels)
10 hours of work. $1,000 cash money

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I used to be involved in an all Cummins fleet of about 70 tractors. BIG cam 3s, small cams, M11s and N14s at the time. I only have one ISB 07 assigned to me now.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't make me dig out all my specialized bicycle tools.

My Dad was a typewriter repairman. I have his old tool case. Other than a few of the screwdrivers I would venture to say VERY FEW people now days could say what 99% of the stuff would be used for. He hand crafted lots of them to reach what should have been inaccessable nuts and screws

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My Dad was a typewriter repairman. I have his old tool case. Other than a few of the screwdrivers I would venture to say VERY FEW people now days could say what 99% of the stuff would be used for. He hand crafted lots of them to reach what should have been inaccessable nuts and screws
Sounds like pretty fiddly work. Like playing Operation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh the joy of having the TV repairman come to your house and put a new tube or 2 in your 19 inch black & white floor model tv and being able to watch your 3 fuzzy channels again.

One of those old tube testers you would see in hardware stores would be worth some money now.

tube_tester.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
One of those old tube testers you would see in hardware stores would be worth some money now.

My 1st car (54 Chevy) had a tube radio in it. It had the habit of burning out one particular tube all the time. I still remember which one. It was the 0Z4 tube and I could replace it without taking the radio out -blindfolded -standing on my head I did it so many times.