trump 2016

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
next election, after little change under trump and everyone realizes they got fooled again, you will either elect a real fascist or someone left wing by american standards.

wonderful. retweeted by glenn greenwald. props to trump for this. The TPP is likely dead.

Congressional leaders say TPP is dead - CNNPolitics.com

So which is it? Little change or Trump already making positive change (according to you) before he even get's into office??

Next we'll have to build a wall up north to keep you and your countrymen out. :lol:

rickyb

So which is it? Little change or Trump already making positive change (according to you) before he even get's into office??

Next we'll have to build a wall up north to keep you and your countrymen out. :lol:
im calling it like it is. getting rid of the biggest corporate powergrab ever is something, but its not enough to make the economy like it used to be. the economy used to be 50% good paying manufacturing jobs, its now less than 10% and mostly low paying service sector jobs.

at this point i am very skeptical of trump bringing real change to the country left to himself. i think its gona be a corrupt establishment corporate :censored2: show and more mass suffering for the most part. we will see what happens to foreign policy but one thing i know is guys are very concerned about trumps temper and him being in control of the most powerful military in human history.

rickyb

more seedyness

Donald Trump Ran on Protecting Social Security But Transition Team Includes Privatizers

more from glenn greenwald who leaked the story with snowden that the NSA is spying on you all:

"Rudy Giuliani, who I’ve long regarded as probably the most authoritarian and borderline fascist mainstream figure in American political life, to be the attorney general in charge of the prosecutorial power and the FBI"

chris hedges also called giuliani a fascist, and these guys are not just throwing the term around

newfie

more seedyness

Donald Trump Ran on Protecting Social Security But Transition Team Includes Privatizers

more from glenn greenwald who leaked the story with snowden that the NSA is spying on you all:

"Rudy Giuliani, who I’ve long regarded as probably the most authoritarian and borderline fascist mainstream figure in American political life, to be the attorney general in charge of the prosecutorial power and the FBI"

chris hedges also called giuliani a fascist, and these guys are not just throwing the term around

the pendulum has swung so far to the left in this country that we may need a little facism to get it back to center

I don't really know how to respond otherwise. Being conservative and supporting conservatives means we are constantly accused of being facists and constantly have our leader compared to Hitler. Its not enough to disagree with someones position but we are not happy unless we take that person to extremes.

rickyb

the pendulum has swung so far to the left in this country that we may need a little facism to get it back to center

I don't really know how to respond otherwise. Being conservative and supporting conservatives means we are constantly accused of being facists and constantly have our leader compared to Hitler. Its not enough to disagree with someones position but we are not happy unless we take that person to extremes.
newfie, if your country was left wing you would have single payer healthcare, alot of labor unions, guaranteed maternity leave, guaranteed vacation, public banking, a decent welfare program, etc.

democrats are a right of centre party and republicans are to the right of dems.

on top of that, i have no idea what was said about george w bush, but he did expand unconstitutional powers of the president which obama continued and expanded some more.

you dont want to end up like north korea.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

ACHTUNG!!

Juden und Shwarz volken sind todt!! So sayeth Der Fuhrer Drumpf.

Herr Newfie, Minister of Fourth Reich Propaganda

rickyb

"Investments in the stocks of the war industry, internal security and the prison-industrial complex have skyrocketed since Trump won the presidency. There is a lot of money to be made from a militarized police state.

Rudy Giuliani; Newt Gingrich, who advocates stripping U.S. citizens of their citizenship if they are deemed to be terrorists; retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and John Bolton—these men will not exhibit legal or moral restraint. They see the world through the Manichaean lens of good and evil, black and white, patriot and traitor. Politics have been transformed, as philosopher Walter Benjamin wrote of fascism, into aesthetics. And the ultimate aesthetic experience for the fascist, Benjamin warned, is war." - hedges

rickyb

"Trump is emblematic of what anthropologists call “crisis cults.” A society in terminal decline often retreats into magical thinking. Reality is too much to bear. It places its faith in the fantastic and impossible promises of a demagogue or charlatan who promises the return of a lost golden age. The good jobs will come back. The nation will again be prosperous. The decrepit cities will be rebuilt. America will be great again. These promises, impossible to achieve, are no different from those peddled to Native Americans in the 1880s by the self-styled religious prophet Wovoka. He called on followers to carry out five-day dance ceremonies called the Ghost Dance. Native Americans donned shirts they were told protected them from bullets. They were assured that the buffalo herds would return, the dead warriors and chiefs would rise from the earth and the white men would disappear. None of his promises was realized. Many of his followers were gunned down like sheep by the U.S. army."-hedges

JL 0513

^^ And Obama and Clinton's promises were based on reality? Obama was going to lower the sea levels. That was among his smaller promises.

"Investments in the stocks of the war industry, internal security and the prison-industrial complex have skyrocketed since Trump won the presidency. There is a lot of money to be made from a militarized police state.

Rudy Giuliani; Newt Gingrich, who advocates stripping U.S. citizens of their citizenship if they are deemed to be terrorists; retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and John Bolton—these men will not exhibit legal or moral restraint. They see the world through the Manichaean lens of good and evil, black and white, patriot and traitor. Politics have been transformed, as philosopher Walter Benjamin wrote of fascism, into aesthetics. And the ultimate aesthetic experience for the fascist, Benjamin warned, is war." - hedges
Maybe Boeing will halt its layoffs.

^^ And Obama and Clinton's promises were based on reality? Obama was going to lower the sea levels. That was among his smaller promises.
I would be angry if sea levels were lowered. I would expect the government to compensate me if they did that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oprah Winfrey reflects on President-elect Donald Trump

"I could sense, maybe I'm wrong, but I could sense from Donald Trump's body language even when he came out for the acceptance speech, that brotha has been humbled by this whole thing. I think it's a humbling process that now you literally have the weight of the world on your shoulders," she said.
That's an optimistic viewpoint. My first thoughts from the recent pictures of his Washington visits was that he usually either looks scared, or really bored. Bored would be my guess.