trump 2016

MAKAVELI

Banned
I would agree that coal mined underground is a dying animal but the Dakotas and Montana have an almost unlimited supply that is no more than 10 or 15 feet below the ground. I belong to a cooperative electrical company who buys its power from a coal fired plant in ND. We took a tour of their mining operations in North Dakota and were amazed at how much coal was available to them. They don't have to transport their coal on trains or ships. It all just come to the plant on a one or two mile long conveyer belt. We do have 4 or 5 mile long coal trains come through town most every day from the same area. They are headed to the port of Duluth to be unloaded onto ships headed for the east coast through the Great Lakes.
It looks like the people of Montana decided they don't want coal and the negative impacts created by it.
How Montanans stopped the largest new coal mine in North America

rod

Retired 23 years
I like the picture that accompanies that article. A group of kids holding protest signs sitting on railroad tracks. Silly kids----they don't have a clue other than Mommy and Daddy bought them some hiking boots and the are afraid some trees will be cut down.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I like the picture that accompanies that article. A group of kids holding protest signs sitting on railroad tracks. Silly kids----they don't have a clue other than Mommy and Daddy bought them some hiking boots and the are afraid some trees will be cut down.
So it's the kids fault the coal industry is dying? Smh........

watdaflock?

I would agree that coal mined underground is a dying animal but the Dakotas and Montana have an almost unlimited supply that is no more than 10 or 15 feet below the ground. I belong to a cooperative electrical company who buys its power from a coal fired plant in ND. We took a tour of their mining operations in North Dakota and were amazed at how much coal was available to them. They don't have to transport their coal on trains or ships. It all just come to the plant on a one or two mile long conveyer belt. We do have 4 or 5 mile long coal trains come through town most every day from the same area. They are headed to the port of Duluth to be unloaded onto ships headed for the east coast through the Great Lakes.
You sound like somebody who'd believe all of those earthquakes happening in Oklahoma are not from fracking?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It depends on your point of view and expectations.
...which I have a feeling are polar opposites for you and I...
I don't think so ...

I look at it from an Entertainment Value POV and my expectations are to be entertained.

Plus, I am a Libertarian so I have the same amount of agreements and disagreements withe two major parties ... I am the classic social liberal and fiscal conservative that feels governance should be done as physically close to each individual as possible.

rickyb

i was at a trump protest last night because i dont like the mainstream media, and i dont like what he said about muslims and mexicans, and anyways a speaker there said she went to a university down south 10 years ago and its still very segregated...

oldngray

nowhere special
i was at a trump protest last night because i dont like the mainstream media, and i dont like what he said about muslims and mexicans, and anyways a speaker there said she went to a university down south and its still very segregated...

Who did you vote for?

... oh yeah.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Kellyanne Conway tells The Post she feels ‘blessed’ over White House gig

On Tuesday, a presidential glass ceiling was broken — when Kellyanne Conway earned the distinction of being the first woman in history to run a winning campaign for the White House.

“It feels good,” Conway, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, told The Post. “I’m not a big gender-identity person, and I wasn’t hired for my gender, but it’s . . . a pretty cool thing to say to my three daughters and my son. Many women work really hard and never get their shot. I feel blessed to have gotten my shot.”

And this is just the beginning.

“Two things people need to learn is that when you try to apply conventional tactics to Donald Trump, you’ll be sorely disappointed,” she said. “And No. 2, don’t bet against Donald Trump.”