Trump Shot!

Box Ox

View attachment 492841
“The Secret Service has said it was responsible for securing an inner perimeter. But the building was part of the outer perimeter and therefore left to local authorities to protect. “

"The first question is why the building, about 450 feet from the stage, was left out of the perimeter. A Secret Service advance team visited the site and made the determination, and a supervisor would have had to approve it. The agency so far has not said who that was."

"Former law enforcement officials with ties to the Secret Service have said the agency should have ensured that the building where the would-be assassin was positioned was covered by the federal agency’s security perimeter — in other words, by the protectors of the former president."

Doublestandards

Outside where the crowd was mostly at, but there was still people there, and it was still within. The scope of law-enforcement was supposed to handle.. plenty of people around
It wasn’t actual part of the rally though right? People were standing there because they could still hear the event, but they didn’t have to purchase tickets or go through metal detectors or anything to be in that area, right? Genuinely asking

Wisconsin is an open carry state, so I’m just not sure how far away from the rally is the limit where you lose your rights

Thebrownblob

It wasn’t actual part of the rally though right? People were standing there because they could still hear the event, but they didn’t have to purchase tickets or go through metal detectors or anything to be in that area, right? Genuinely asking

Wisconsin is an open carry state, so I’m just not sure how far away from the rally is the limit where you lose your rights
Not certain. And Secret Service set those parameters.

Box Ox

Outside where the crowd was mostly at, but there was still people there, and it was still within The scope of what law-enforcement was supposed to handle.. plenty of people around

Sounds like they did have to. The shooter likely wouldn't have chosen to be near magnetometers if everyone didn't have to go through them.

"The shooter was spotted by local law enforcement who thought he might’ve been acting suspiciously near the event magnetometers on Saturday, according to a senior law enforcement official. They put it out over their radio to keep an eye on him – and that information was passed to Secret Service as well, according to the source."

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don’t be one of those. It has to be an official sanctioned act. And if for some reason you’re worried about a president, deciding to just kill someone like a citizen without any trial, Obama already did it.
Did it mention sanctioned act? Has to be an official one, but I didn't see anything about sanctioned acts. If it says that I stand corrected, but I didn't see sanctioned mentioned

Thebrownblob

Did it mention sanctioned act? Has to be an official one, but I didn't see anything about sanctioned acts. If it says that I stand corrected, but I didn't see sanctioned mentioned
Official is the correct word it would have to fall under the presidents duties. Killing an American citizens is not supposed to be one of them. but like I said, if you’re worried about it, Obama already crossed that bridge. He decided the guy was dangerous and he decided he should be dead no jury or judge necessary..

Box Ox

A sniper team was inside the building when the shooter got up on the roof
Inside the building, the shooter was on top of?

From CBS News:

Sniper took picture of Trump rally shooter, saw him use rangefinder before assassination attempt, source says

"A sniper from a local tactical team deployed to assist the U.S. Secret Service at former President Donald Trump's rally on Saturday took a picture of the gunman and saw him looking through a rangefinder minutes before he tried to assassinate the former president, a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the events told CBS News.

The sniper was one of three snipers, members of local tactical teams, who were stationed inside the building that the shooter used in the attack, the officer said. The operations plan had them stationed inside, looking out windows toward the rally, scanning the crowd. The details about the three snipers were first reported by the local news outlet BeaverCountian.com.

One sniper inside spotted the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, according to the officer who spoke to CBS News. The sniper observed Crooks as he returned to the building, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the local snipers took a picture of Crooks.

Next, the local sniper observed Crooks looking through a rangefinder, an instrument routinely used by marksmen to determine the distance of a target, and he immediately radioed to the command post, according to the local law enforcement officer. The local sniper also attempted to send the photo of the gunman up the chain of command."

Doublestandards

People get upset about people hyperbolic about the immunity claims, but trumps own lawyers argued in court that the president could hypothetically order seal team 6 to assassinate a political opponent

It’s obviously not going to be that simple, but it is a little ironic that people want biden to have even more secured immunity for those situations when they’re also complaining about Biden calling trump a threat to democracy

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Official is the correct word it would have to fall under the presidents duties. Killing a American citizens is not supposed to be one of them.
There is a big difference between official acts and sanctioned acts. If you don't think someone either Democrat or Republican in the future wouldn't use that as an excuse then you are being naive

Thebrownblob

From CBS News:

Sniper took picture of Trump rally shooter, saw him use rangefinder before assassination attempt, source says

"A sniper from a local tactical team deployed to assist the U.S. Secret Service at former President Donald Trump's rally on Saturday took a picture of the gunman and saw him looking through a rangefinder minutes before he tried to assassinate the former president, a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the events told CBS News.

The sniper was one of three snipers, members of local tactical teams, who were stationed inside the building that the shooter used in the attack, the officer said. The operations plan had them stationed inside, looking out windows toward the rally, scanning the crowd. The details about the three snipers were first reported by the local news outlet BeaverCountian.com.

One sniper inside spotted the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, according to the officer who spoke to CBS News. The sniper observed Crooks as he returned to the building, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the local snipers took a picture of Crooks.

Next, the local sniper observed Crooks looking through a rangefinder, an instrument routinely used by marksmen to determine the distance of a target, and he immediately radioed to the command post, according to the local law enforcement officer. The local sniper also attempted to send the photo of the gunman up the chain of command."
wtf