Trump Shot!

newfie

It’s a little hypocritical that the trump rallies and NRA doesn’t allow guns in their conventions, considering their response whenever there’s a mass shooting and their overall opinion about gun free zones
is it hypocritical? Even in a pro gun state i believe there are places you cant carry a weapon.

Doublestandards

They always had it though. Not trying to be cynical I’m being honest. President can get away with almost anything. And if that doesn’t work, they can just pardon you or themselves.
Fair enough, although I don’t think it was always “guaranteed” since Nixon resigned and got pardoned

Genuinely asking, do you think they SHOULD have this type of immunity? You’ve mentioned the Obama case a few times, do you think it’s good he has immunity for that or should he be held responsible for situations like that?

Genuine question, naturally I think they shouldn’t be immune but maybe there’s sides to it im not seeing

Thebrownblob

Fair enough, although I don’t think it was always “guaranteed” since Nixon resigned and got pardoned

Genuinely asking, do you think they SHOULD have this type of immunity? You’ve mentioned the Obama case a few times, do you think it’s good he has immunity for that or should he be held responsible for situations like that?

Genuine question, naturally I think they shouldn’t be immune but maybe there’s sides to it im not seeing
Reality is it doesn’t matter what I think should happen. They don’t ask me. They don’t ask any of us important questions like that.

Pullman Brown

Breaking News: In an unbelievable sign of unity and transparency the Zionist lobbyists have granted Benjamin Netanyahu to speak at both conventions: The topic: We control you all suckers! JK

Thebrownblob

american taking up arms against american troops in a battle zone is fair game.
If you’re OK with that that’s fine. Seems a slippery slope to me, especially the way the Obama administration claimed they could do pretty much whatever they wanted.

“Not only does the administration claim to have sweeping power to target and kill U.S. citizens anywhere in the world, but it makes the extraordinary claim that the court has no role in reviewing that power or the legal standards that apply," said CCR Staff Attorney Pardiss Kebriaei, who presented arguments in the case. "The Supreme Court has repeatedly rejected the government's claim to an unchecked system of global detention, and the district court should similarly reject the administration's claim here to an unchecked system of global targeted killing."

Brownblob vacationing in a foreign country, we don’t like him. We can just say he took up arms against the military we can drone him and the courts can’t even argue it should not have happened.

Again, I’m not arguing I agree with with you about if it can or can’t happen obviously, I know it can. The people that just had a reality check on judgment from the Supreme Court are the ones I’m talking to. They just didn’t know it was like this..

newfie

If you’re OK with that that’s fine. Seems a slippery slope to me,
it is and it will be abused. i just don't know how you can expect american troops to add extra risk to their already difficult assignments by asking them to determine the nationality of an enemy combatant before engaging.

Thebrownblob

it is and it will be abused. i just don't know how you can expect american troops to add extra risk to their already difficult assignments by asking them to determine the nationality of an enemy combatant before engaging.
I understand and I appreciate your position. That makes sense.

And brownblob not going on vacation to foreign country anytime soon….. just in case

Doublestandards

If you’re OK with that that’s fine. Seems a slippery slope to me, especially the way the Obama administration claimed they could do pretty much whatever they wanted.

“Not only does the administration claim to have sweeping power to target and kill U.S. citizens anywhere in the world, but it makes the extraordinary claim that the court has no role in reviewing that power or the legal standards that apply," said CCR Staff Attorney Pardiss Kebriaei, who presented arguments in the case. "The Supreme Court has repeatedly rejected the government's claim to an unchecked system of global detention, and the district court should similarly reject the administration's claim here to an unchecked system of global targeted killing."

Brownblob vacationing in a foreign country, we don’t like him. We can just say he took up arms against the military we can drone him and the courts can’t even argue it should not have happened.

Again, I’m not arguing I agree with with you about if it can or can’t happen obviously, I know it can. The people that just had a reality check on judgment from the Supreme Court are the ones I’m talking to. They just didn’t know it was like this..
It’s a good point.

Americans are not allowed to travel to foreign countries for the purpose of having sex with minors, even if legal in that country

But apparently Americans can be murdered by Americans in foreign countries and American laws don’t apply

Would it still apply if it happened in America? Can the government drop a drone on American soil?