Trump Shot!

newfie

People get upset about people hyperbolic about the immunity claims, but trumps own lawyers argued in court that the president could hypothetically order seal team 6 to assassinate a political opponent
this argument is getting overplayed and twisted driven by Jack Smiths overzealous prosecution of trump.
presidential immunity is not a catch all.

there is still a constitutional process for this type of action. its called impeachment . once successfully impeached and removed from office the president would be stripped of much of his protection and it would be easier to arrest and try him for his actions. At that point the courts would have to make a ruling as to whether it was an official act. which means the president better have a very strong argument as to why his ordered assassination was an official act.

the other thing those who engage in this hyperbole forget is that any number of military leaders in the entire chain of command could refuse to carry out this assassination if determining it was an unlawful order.

Thebrownblob

this argument is getting overplayed and twisted driven by Jack Smiths overzealous prosecution of trump.
presidential immunity is not a catch all.

there is still a constitutional process for this type of action. its called impeachment . once successfully impeached and removed from office the president would be stripped of much of his protection and it would be easier to arrest and try him for his actions. At that point the courts would have to make a ruling as to whether it was an official act. which means the president better have a very strong argument as to why his ordered assassination was an official act.

the other thing those who engage in this hyperbole forget is that any number of military leaders in the entire chain of command could refuse to carry out this assassination if determining it was an unlawful order.
Precisely the point that I’ve been trying to make. Absolutely nothing has changed from before the ruling, just made it out in the open.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1721222522252.png

newfie

And they failed, along with making him more popular. Brilliant strategy.
i cant' believe they were that stupid. People don't trust the government as it is. trying to manufacture charges against him just made him more popular and gives every liar and thief an excuse. did you see Savannah crisley speak at the RNC convention?
blamed fulton county and the government for her families legal problems. no one will ever believe a prosecution that takes place in fulton county is legit now.

vantexan

he scouted the area and was acting strange. how he went to that building and was able to climb it is the part of the investigation that really needs to be determined. I'm not sure about the slipped away part when you look at the video there were a lot of people in that area watching him and recording him.
True. I meant he slipped away from the entrance area with the metal detectors. The police were supposed to have been actively looking for him. I still don't understand why the cop who climbed up to have a look and got down when he had the rifle pointed at him didn't immediately call it in when he got out of the shooter's line of sight. If anything this cluster demonstrated to any would be assassins that these events are vulnerable. If the government was aware several weeks earlier that Iran was plotting to kill Trump they didn't appear to take that threat too seriously.

El Correcto

god is dead
This 1000% these Democrat Leftists fault. How the Democrat congress talks and the left media talks about Trump and republicans is why this happened. This all started with Obama driving a wedge in the Country
The man had 4 years of acting an ass and being a prick.
Did the “Democrat Leftists” stick their hand up his ass and use him as a sock puppet?
I’m surprised it took this long for a crash dummy to get a shot off on him.

Thebrownblob

Bongino probably would have the connections necessary to find that out as a former USSS agent.
Seems believable although it always bothers me that the people in the background are just not really that important, because someone’s dad actually did get killed. Someone needs to be held accountable for this failure or worse if it was planned.

oldngray

nowhere special
Seems believable although it always bothers me that the people in the background are just not really that important, because someone’s dad actually did get killed. Someone needs to be held accountable for this failure or worse if it was planned.
The failures were at the top but almost no chance of them being held accountable. They will find some poor low level slob to take the blame.

Box Ox

"The first question is why the building, about 450 feet from the stage, was left out of the perimeter. A Secret Service advance team visited the site and made the determination, and a supervisor would have had to approve it. The agency so far has not said who that was."

"Former law enforcement officials with ties to the Secret Service have said the agency should have ensured that the building where the would-be assassin was positioned was covered by the federal agency’s security perimeter — in other words, by the protectors of the former president."
i didnt sleep at a holiday inn express my brother in law is retired secret service agent who spent years on a presidential advance team. we've talked about this alot over the years.

from what he has told me the building would not be part of the perimeter. it would be carefully searched and then sealed off so no one could go back into it or on it. that did not happen this time.

Wouldn't it be the duty of the Secret Service to notice that local law enforcement wasn't providing coverage for a rooftop only 450 feet away and in direct line of sight of Trump even if it was outside of their own immediate perimeter? Surely the Secret Service couldn't just shrug and say "Whoops, local law enforcement let us down" if a president or presidential candidate were assassinated from that rooftop. Surely the Secret Service itself was still looking at that rooftop.

Thebrownblob

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Every excuse the SS gives of why something did or didn’t happen just keeps proving they are lying and trying to cover up something. This country is in a terrible place.