Trump Shot!

Thebrownblob

Believe or not believe. But Trump did nothing while the rioters attacked cops and bashed their way into the Capitol to try to stop the electoral vote counting.

Believe it or not, but I don’t know what you wanted him to do and I don’t know why you think that matters and the truth is he’s probably gonna be your president so apparently most people do not have the same opinion that you do because what you’re stating is your opinion. It is the problem your party has for the last four years and you haven’t learned one single thing yet and it’s going to cost you dearly.

Thebrownblob

Can’t tell if you’re serious or joking with the pun, but if you are serious I’m sorry for your loss, that sucks
No joke I’m being dead serious. I understand the desire to stop people from using drugs, but I don’t know that it’s been very successful. Mostly because I think we’re trying to fix the problem from wrong end. This problem comes from inside someone not outside.
And thanks I appreciate it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I understand the desire to stop people from using drugs, but I don’t know that it’s been very successful. Mostly because I think we’re trying to fix the problem from wrong end. This problem comes from inside someone not outside.
I hear what you're saying but maybe it's not that we're addressing it from the "wrong end" maybe it's that we're not addressing it from "both ends", if you will.

There's just no reason to make it easier for people to destroy their lives and harm our society.

Doublestandards

No joke I’m being dead serious. I understand the desire to stop people from using drugs, but I don’t know that it’s been very successful. Mostly because I think we’re trying to fix the problem from wrong end. This problem comes from inside someone not outside.
And thanks I appreciate it.
alcoholism in my family too. It’s nasty and sad.

And you’re right, it comes from inside. It’s an addiction, often a combination of mental health issues and untreated trauma

The vast majority of people can use their drugs of choice with no major consequences, usually helps them out and level out

I’d personally rather not have my tax money going to locking people up over and over again over what they choose to do with their bodies though

I’d rather spend a 10th of that money on education and resources to help the ones that need it, if they choose so

And to the ones that are criminals and break the law because of their addictions, still need to face the consequences for those actions. But I don’t think the people using the same drugs and not harming others should be criminalized for it

Thebrownblob

I hear what you're saying but maybe it's not that we're addressing it from the "wrong end" maybe it's that we're not addressing it from "both ends", if you will.

There's just no reason to make it easier for people to destroy their lives and harm our society.
Brother, I understand what you’re saying. There is no easy answer. It is a tragedy, watching people be consumed by these drugs. The scourge has touched all of us in someway or another.

Thebrownblob

alcoholism in my family too. It’s nasty and sad.

And you’re right, it comes from inside. It’s an addiction, often a combination of mental health issues and untreated trauma

The vast majority of people can use their drugs of choice with no major consequences, usually helps them out and level out

I’d personally rather not have my tax money going to locking people up over and over again over what they choose to do with their bodies though

I’d rather spend a 10th of that money on education and resources to help the ones that need it, if they choose so

And to the ones that are criminals and break the law because of their addictions, still need to face the consequences for those actions. But I don’t think the people using the same drugs and not harming others should be criminalized for it
“Everything in moderation” It’s a common phrase that I don’t know that humans are very good at.

You say the vast majority can handle it I would say the vast majority don’t handle it very well, maybe some small minority does. Because I see an awful lot of people with addiction problems that are hurting themselves and their families. Not just with illegal drugs that’s with prescription drugs too.

I could definitely be persuaded into programs that would be used to help people try to find their way out of addictions before they have to go to jail. I’m not sure they would work, but I would be willing to try.

Obviously, this is one of the hardest problems to solve. You got two ideologies. trying to figure it out, and neither one have been able to completely solve it.

Doublestandards

“Everything in moderation” It’s a common phrase that I don’t know that humans are very good at.

You say the vast majority can handle it I would say the vast majority don’t handle it very well, maybe some small majority does. Because I see an awful lot of people with addiction problems that are hurting themselves and their families. Not just with illegal drugs that’s with prescription drugs too.

I could definitely be persuaded into programs that would be used to help people try to find their way out of addictions before they have to go to jail. I’m not sure they would work, but I would be willing to try.

Obviously, this is one of the hardest problems to solve. You got two ideologies. trying to figure it out, and neither one have been able to completely solve it.
I just think the government should butt out, and let people make their own choices, and we can give them the education of the effects of their choices

We’ve spent, literally, over a trillion dollars on the war on drugs. It’s a failure and a waste of money.

It’s one of my biggest criticisms of Biden. He’s bragging about his strict crack cocaine laws, locking up people and separating families, while his son is doing the same drugs. I highly doubt if we asked Biden if he thinks his son should be in Prison he would say yes.

If someone doesn’t want to do drugs, good for them. But I think people should mind their own business and only worry when it starts directly affecting them

Don’t let people shoot up in the streets. Have severe penalties for leaving out needles on the ground. Severe penalties for theft and assault. But someone doing a drug should be the last of our worries

Thebrownblob

I just think the government should butt out, and let people make their own choices, and we can give them the education of the effects of their choices

We’ve spent, literally, over a trillion dollars on the war on drugs. It’s a failure and a waste of money.

It’s one of my biggest criticisms of Biden. He’s bragging about his strict crack cocaine laws, locking up people and separating families, while his son is doing the same drugs. I highly doubt if we asked Biden if he thinks his son should be in Prison he would say yes.

If someone doesn’t want to do drugs, good for them. But I think people should mind their own business and only worry when it starts directly affecting them

Don’t let people shoot up in the streets. Have severe penalties for leaving out needles on the ground. Severe penalties for theft and assault. But someone doing a drug should be the last of our worries

Is heroin safe if it’s used in moderation?
No, But I do not believe laws alone stop people from doing it.

Addiction is a human issue. It also doesn’t just have to be drugs. Like I said, we are rarely able to do anything even things that would seemingly be not bad to do occasionally in moderation.