Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Our E board has chosen 2 BA's since they are in office. Anthony C and Jack D , Jack didn't take the spot for family reason.

Funny Jack D texted a few shop stewards the second he was chosen BA and was very excited. Now you say he didnt take it for family reasons, that is Bull S@it.

Your boy Anthony C is too busying making deals with management, part timers making book as full timers and still working as part timers, till management says they need them as full timers.

Letting management use drivers as helpers for 8 hrs only.

Asking shop stewards to write the names down of which drivers go home and do the fat lazy asses job.

Great Job E Board!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Local 396 congrats to that hand picked Hoffa mouth piece Ron H , since 2002 his salary in Local 396 has gone up 400%. Has your salary gone up 400% since 2002? You said drivers make between 95,000 and a 100,000 a year guess they all like working 60 hours a week

silfox9986 been a while since you used that name........

First of all, RON has spent a TON of time with our local. The EBOARD, which I was a part of, voted to increase his salary based upon his efforts and energy. RON does not give himself anything without the approval of his EBOARD.

RON has been a major part of the union movement all across this country at a great personal sacrifice to his own family. Whether you like it or not, a guy like RON who invests himself into the union movement to a degree where he hardly has any personal time to himself, deserves all he makes.

Our local is well funded and well invested. Our cash position is probably the best in the country, and without seeing the other locals books, I can only guess at that.

AS for our drivers, myself included. Yes, we are working a ton of hours, and we dont like it, but its not something that we can fix at the local level. The company has a plan to cut drivers and increase workloads and it will have to be RE ADDRESSED at the next negotiations.

We are in peak now, so hours are what they are. If the company is dumb enough to pay us 100K for package work, then well take it. Maybe you live in a social level where 40K is good enough, but thats not Los Angeles. We take the money and run. We file our grievances during non peak periods and get paid.

Our locals fiscal issues are well managed and invested wisely.

We dont have the constant turmoil that plagues 804. Its all about name calling and useless charges.

You all need to clean house, and rid yourselves of the turmoil of 804 for one simple reason. IF YOU DONT RESPECT EACH OTHER, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE COMPANY TO RESPECT YOU!

Heres a clue, stop worrying about other locals and focus on respecting one another and learn to stand by the side of whoever is in charge. DONT MAKE IT WORSE.

You call Ron a "hand picked" Hoffa selection, but how otherwise was Hoffa to make a selection? Pick a name out of a hat?

Dont be foolish. Be smart. Shut up.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I understand that the election is over. We all have to live with the results. What you dont get is that Ron Carey came from this local. He made it a great local that other locals dreamed about becoming. He was a rank and file guy that never forgot where he came from. He drove a package car for this company for years and made a name for himself for being a stand up guy. Yes we all admired him (ok, maybe Tony D and his boys didnt ) but the 99% of us did. When Ron walked into a building in the 1990s, management :censored2: its pants. He made us feel proud to be a union member . He made us proud to be a Teamster!! You have to be honest here: Hoffa is NO Ron Carey. He is still a labor lawyer with a famous name. Nothing more. He is the president and I hope he grows a pair and fights hard for this next contract. UPS owes us big time for all the crap they have been shoving at us for the past few yrs: cutting loads, ignoring seniority, not hiring and squeezing the membership to do more with less!! Id like to send him a ladder so he climb out of UPS's pocket!!

And you are correct that Sandy was not Ron Carey either. But she was the heir apparent to Ron's legacy. Tom L filled that void for several elections. But it is tough going up against a brand name and that is exactly what Hoffa is.

What is your obsession with TDU?? What are you afraid of?? A group of informed Teamsters who strive to make this a more democratic, open union?? A group who strives to educate members of their rights and how to make things better?? Because they/we are idealists??? Because we want our local officials to properly represent us and respond to our phone calls and show up?? Because we dont want our Intl officers in the pockets of management?? Because we dont think the high salaries of our elected officials is right?? Because we want the rank and file to be involved in the decisionmaking and contract talks?? THIS IS TOO MUCH??? For this TDU has to be dragged through the mud year after year?? Because they run candidates against old guard officials who forgot how to care anymore about the rank and file?? Because they dont think horse trading member for member is in our interest and that EVERY member deserves equal and proper representation??

Get over it. TDU is not going away. Not locally. Not nationally!! Remember: The Grapes of Wrath (1940) - I'll Be There - YouTube

Brother 804 brown,

Now that the election is over, i believe its time for us to pull together to share ideas and concepts. There is nothing happening at your hub that isnt happening at every hub across this country. UPS is deliberately making it tough on part timers and package drivers.

I believe you guys who support sandy pope believed that she was the answer to your prayers, but the reality was and is, she was not qualified for the job. The rank and file have spoken, 137K believe differently than you do. What do you think they know that you dont?

Your local didnt convince 100% of its membership to vote for pope or to vote at all, leaving 1241 of you holding the bag, and like a flaming paper bag on the doorstep, you know what your holding.

What is it about Ron Carey that you guys just cant let go of? The man is gone. He accomplished many things and pissed off alot of people, he left the teamsters in disgrace and we have ALL MOVED ON, except 1241 of you guys.

Get over it brother. Our future isnt Ron Carey, Sandy Pope or Tom L. IN fact, I hope TDU finally dismantles itself or they end up beating the crap out of each other.

Either way, we move forward. The way you guys in 804 talk, its like we dont work at the same company. You all disrespect each other to a point where NONE OF YOU can be respected.

You say Ron Carey made you feel proud? Really? How about when he got caught funneling money? Was that a proud moment?

Ron Carey embarrassed himself and the Teamsters. While he settled our strike with improvements, there were still some things that never came to see the light of day and were adjusted in 2002.

If you want to feel proud as a teamster, stand up for a brother, make a difference and not become a hinderance.

Who else in this country cares about Ron Carey or where he came from, where he worked, what he thought or what he said, this is 2011 brother and dead men dont share thoughts from the grave.

You guys want to make Carey out as some kind of messiah on the east coast, and as you do, you keep backing the same group of knuckleheads that TDU can find.

We on the west, central and south and moved on from Ron Carey, and so should you guys.

As for TDU, well, I dont believe the group has the best interests of the members at heart. It searches for the most vulnerable members out there and preaches to them until they are willing to be just as divisive as every other TDU member.

They claim they want to inform, but not really, they exaggerate all claims and try to inflame its prospects into believing the garbage they are selling. If you ask for an "A" typical TDU member, its usually someone who has been in trouble with the company before or consistently, or someone who consistently tries to start trouble in the yards and needs a BA to babysit them 24 hours a day.

Out here, some guys never need to call the local for anything. Most issues are resolved at the local level. While we may not always agree with our eboard on every decision, we respect them enough to move on to the next issue.

My only question to you guys at 804 is simple "how many ash whuppings in elections must you experience, before you start to question if your on the right team?"

I wish you all well, and hope that you guys can pull it together and learn to respect each other in order to gain respect from the company. If you continue to be the joke of the nation, the company will walk all over you guys like doormats.

Remember this, Its easy to be outnumbered, when youre a zero.

Peace.

annoyed804

I agree with everything you are saying except for one item.....whats with the guido insult ???
It must have been just a slip of the tongue.....glad to hear that was just a slip up. :peaceful:
Remember not all 804 members agree with the clowns that are "leading" our local right now.

AcesUp804

First of all, RON has spent a TON of time with our local. The EBOARD, which I was a part of, voted to increase his salary based upon his efforts and energy. RON does not give himself anything without the approval of his EBOARD. It should be voted by the membership not the eboard of course his salary has gone up 400% what a joke

RON has been a major part of the union movement all across this country at a great personal sacrifice to his own family. Whether you like it or not, a guy like RON who invests himself into the union movement to a degree where he hardly has any personal time to himself, deserves all he makes. No he does deserve what he makes he is way over paid he is no different then you now he will be paid 2 salaries.

Our local is well funded and well invested. Our cash position is probably the best in the country, and without seeing the other locals books, I can only guess at that.Doest matter how funded your local is you sound like Hoffa what has your local done for its sanitation workers and please don't try and tell me there OK because there not.

AS for our drivers, myself included. Yes, we are working a ton of hours, and we dont like it, but its not something that we can fix at the local level. The company has a plan to cut drivers and increase workloads and it will have to be RE ADDRESSED at the next negotiations.Its been going on for the last two contracts now people like you are saying wait for the next one total BS he will sell out us again split raises longer contract.

We are in peak now, so hours are what they are. If the company is dumb enough to pay us 100K for package work, then well take it. Maybe you live in a social level where 40K is good enough, but thats not Los Angeles. We take the money and run. We file our grievances during non peak periods and get paid. Sorry we are from NYC 40K doesn't cut it here either but we should be making $100,000 working 45 hours not 60 hours a week.

Our locals fiscal issues are well managed and invested wisely.now its the same here since we got rid of our old board.

We don't have the constant turmoil that plagues 804. Its all about name calling and useless charges. There is no turmoil in local 804 just old board members that want to get in. Nothing different then local 396 went though in 2008 you guys had alot of upset members also.

You all need to clean house, and rid yourselves of the turmoil of 804 for one simple reason. IF YOU DON'T RESPECT EACH OTHER, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE COMPANY TO RESPECT YOU! Our house was cleaned in 2009 again you have no clue of what your talking about your just reading post from old board members that were voted out 3 to 1.

Heres a clue, stop worrying about other locals and focus on respecting one another and learn to stand by the side of whoever is in charge. DON'T MAKE IT WORSE. NO you need to stop worrying about local 804 you came into our thread why? because you guys are scared of TDU always have always will be and why? because all they do is tell the truth , officers in alot of locals didnt like Ron Carey because he stopped the double dipping and the crazy spending , Hoffa talks about how well the Teamsters are done financially , thats easy when you raise the dues and you never go on strike and spend that strike fund money.

You call Ron a "hand picked" Hoffa selection, but how otherwise was Hoffa to make a selection? Pick a name out of a hat? Hoffa picked Ron because he liked what he saw , the way Ron H would turn members against members allowed violence against members that were running against him , thats why he picked him...

Dont be foolish. Be smart. Shut up. You should shut up and worry about all the illegal immigrants Ron H allows management to use as long as no members get laid off. He should stop selling out his own people.......

Peace.

AcesUp804

Hey TOS what are you talking about here is how your local voted , only 26% of your local voted , doesnt look like your members are all that happy with Hoffa. Sandy did better in your local then hoffa did in ours.

Hoffa 1514 Pope 379 Gegare 431

804brown

Hey aces, I guess you really got to TOS!! I guess it is ok when the E board keeps giving each other raises, thats ok. Lets not put it up for a membership vote, NOOOO!! But he is right we did get our asses kicked in this election. Not a very good strategy by Sandy going it alone. TOS is a smart union guy . I like alot of what he writes on the cafe. We just disagree on Internationall politics. He does have a sharp tongue and a big ego. And he is right we do embarass ourselves on here at times. From the outside I guess it does look silly and petty. Outsiders also dont get our affection for Ron Carey. Plus of course the man was acquitted.

AcesUp804

I agree with everything you are saying except for one item.....whats with the guido insult ???
It must have been just a slip of the tongue.....glad to hear that was just a slip up.
Remember not all 804 members agree with the clowns that are "leading" our local right now.

You agree with every thing he is saying???? Ron Carey built 804 what we have we have because of him u jackass 25 and out , we were the first local in the nation to have that , Ron got us that, Ron had balls not like Hoffa , This guys wants to talk about Ron Carey and your an 804 guy , your a jerk@ff , then you want to call our board clowns?? after the way Howie and the girls were stealing from the members for years. STEALING your money open your eyes ,, unless your just another old bitter board member........

AcesUp804

Hey aces, I guess you really got to TOS!! I guess it is ok when the E board keeps giving each other raises, thats ok. Lets not put it up for a membership vote, NOOOO!! But he is right we did get our asses kicked in this election. Not a very good strategy by Sandy going it alone. TOS is a smart union guy . I like alot of what he writes on the cafe. We just disagree on Internationall politics. He does have a sharp tongue and a big ego. And he is right we do embarass ourselves on here at times. From the outside I guess it does look silly and petty. Outsiders also dont get our affection for Ron Carey. Plus of course the man was acquitted.

I'll tell you this much I felt the same way you did about Sandy not having a good strategy but I'll tell you what my BA said in the building that made me feel good he said
" Yes Sandy lost bad but there was no way that I was going to tell members to vote for any one that had anything to do with the last 2 contracts now when UPS and Hoffa sit down to talk about a new contract and if they want it done early they will say what do we do about 804 how do we make them happy"
Hoffa has done nothing to show us he's willing to fight against UPS maybe now hall will step up because he wants to be President in 5 years if he fights UPS I will back him.

As far as embarassing ourselves here I'v seen threads from there Local nothing different over the years.

EyesLookingIn

Easy Aces LOL , I feel that TOS just wants to get a rise out of us for backing Sandy. He talks about Sandy having no experience well how much did Hoffa have when he won. NONE well he was a teamster in Alaska LOL

Congrads to Hoffa Hall , I'm a Teamster they won and now I will back them I hope they do a better job with our contract then in the past. Sorry but hall will never be president Coli will be next O'Brien is to young.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First of all, RON has spent a TON of time with our local. The EBOARD, which I was a part of, voted to increase his salary based upon his efforts and energy. RON does not give himself anything without the approval of his EBOARD. It should be voted by the membership not the eboard of course his salary has gone up 400% what a joke

RON has been a major part of the union movement all across this country at a great personal sacrifice to his own family. Whether you like it or not, a guy like RON who invests himself into the union movement to a degree where he hardly has any personal time to himself, deserves all he makes. No he does deserve what he makes he is way over paid he is no different then you now he will be paid 2 salaries.

Our local is well funded and well invested. Our cash position is probably the best in the country, and without seeing the other locals books, I can only guess at that.Doest matter how funded your local is you sound like Hoffa what has your local done for its sanitation workers and please don't try and tell me there OK because there not.

AS for our drivers, myself included. Yes, we are working a ton of hours, and we dont like it, but its not something that we can fix at the local level. The company has a plan to cut drivers and increase workloads and it will have to be RE ADDRESSED at the next negotiations.Its been going on for the last two contracts now people like you are saying wait for the next one total BS he will sell out us again split raises longer contract.

We are in peak now, so hours are what they are. If the company is dumb enough to pay us 100K for package work, then well take it. Maybe you live in a social level where 40K is good enough, but thats not Los Angeles. We take the money and run. We file our grievances during non peak periods and get paid. Sorry we are from NYC 40K doesn't cut it here either but we should be making $100,000 working 45 hours not 60 hours a week.

Our locals fiscal issues are well managed and invested wisely.now its the same here since we got rid of our old board.

We don't have the constant turmoil that plagues 804. Its all about name calling and useless charges. There is no turmoil in local 804 just old board members that want to get in. Nothing different then local 396 went though in 2008 you guys had alot of upset members also.

You all need to clean house, and rid yourselves of the turmoil of 804 for one simple reason. IF YOU DON'T RESPECT EACH OTHER, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE COMPANY TO RESPECT YOU! Our house was cleaned in 2009 again you have no clue of what your talking about your just reading post from old board members that were voted out 3 to 1.

Heres a clue, stop worrying about other locals and focus on respecting one another and learn to stand by the side of whoever is in charge. DON'T MAKE IT WORSE. NO you need to stop worrying about local 804 you came into our thread why? because you guys are scared of TDU always have always will be and why? because all they do is tell the truth , officers in alot of locals didnt like Ron Carey because he stopped the double dipping and the crazy spending , Hoffa talks about how well the Teamsters are done financially , thats easy when you raise the dues and you never go on strike and spend that strike fund money.

You call Ron a "hand picked" Hoffa selection, but how otherwise was Hoffa to make a selection? Pick a name out of a hat? Hoffa picked Ron because he liked what he saw , the way Ron H would turn members against members allowed violence against members that were running against him , thats why he picked him...

Dont be foolish. Be smart. Shut up. You should shut up and worry about all the illegal immigrants Ron H allows management to use as long as no members get laid off. He should stop selling out his own people.......

Again, the rantings of the TDU fringe loonatics, and yet you in 804 want to be taken seriously?

This is why you guys get smoked in elections. You sound like idiots. You make baseless claims without an ounce of merit.

Ron and I were elected in 2002 by a clear majority 2893 to 363. TDU's Danny Bruno managed to mis manage our local almost to the point where we were losing money every month. In addition, Bruno couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag and he was losing every case he presented at arbitration.

The membership suffered and he was ousted after one term. Thats all it took for the west to see that TDU was nothng more than HOT AIR.

Since 2002, Ron has won re election hands down. There hasnt been a legitimate challenger to office since we won in 2002. This last election was no different. Our region learned its lesson ONCE. We were not going to stand by and watch our local deteriorate like every TDU local in the country.

You guys in 804 seem to believe you are the "MODEL" of the country, and to some respect, you are.

804 is the MODEL for how NOT TO RUN a local union.

This thread has lived long enough. It prefaced itself on this election and its as dead as the ideas contained in it from 804. 804 is percieved as trouble makers and chitt starters with the teamsters.

No matter how you defend yourselves, you will always be looking at a blowout of the TDU message in 2011.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Brother Brown,

I respect you as well. I believe, and ive said this before, you and I share the same goals. We may not agree on how to reach that end, but I truly believe you are sincere. While I "raz" you on this thread about this latest election, I intend on moving on to other issues.

I think as a demonstration, I have shown how silly it can be, and never ending to shout at one another. Have we changed any minds?

Lets put this election behind us, the candidates put their best foot forward and the rank and file answered with a clear cut message.

We now have to figure out how "WE" can get our drivers back to a decent workday without the excessive overtime and how are we going to keep our part timers from making the biggest sacrifices.

Our attention needs to change to that of UPS and its corporate decision makers who are running our people into the ground. At the end of the day, we all work for the same company and we must focus on being united in our efforts to create a climate of change.

As for Ron Carey, I give him props for what he accomplished. I too worked with Ron in 92 and 97. He was a man of conviction, but we need to move forward and find tomorrows leaders by teaching each other today.

We may not always agree on things, but we can respect each other. Its a lesson we can all learn.

Peace.

AcesUp804

I'm not a member of TDU , The reason I backed Sandy was because she didn't have a slate , I feel that Hoffa slate is very strong and they are good people, Hoffa is the weak link on the Hoffa Hall slate. Most of the people on Hoffa's slate know Sandy very well and they would of work well with her. BUT they would not run with her because she is part of TDU thats just the truth.

I'm a Teamster and like Eyes said Hoffa Hall Won, I will back them and hope for the best.

AcesUp804

Hey TOS you have no clue of 804 what so ever , you write like we are a TDU local?? 1 person on our executive board is a member of TDU. If I had to guess maybe less then 2% of our members are signed up with TDU. I have never heard our E Board once try to push or ask members to join TDU. Our local has sent members to the TDU convention for the educational classes that are very good. The classes are separate for the convention and I know members that came back and said the classes were great and they didn't feel pressured to join TDU at all. Remember Ron Carey was never a member of TDU , they just backed Ron and if it wasn't for TDU he never would of been elected.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey TOS you have no clue of 804 what so ever , you write like we are a TDU local?? 1 person on our executive board is a member of TDU. If I had to guess maybe less then 2% of our members are signed up with TDU. I have never heard our E Board once try to push or ask members to join TDU. Our local has sent members to the TDU convention for the educational classes that are very good. The classes are separate for the convention and I know members that came back and said the classes were great and they didn't feel pressured to join TDU at all. Remember Ron Carey was never a member of TDU , they just backed Ron and if it wasn't for TDU he never would of been elected.

Well good, thats a start. Now move on to current issues and stop living in the past. We have bigger fish to fry than each other.

Peace.

Well good, thats a start. Now move on to current issues and stop living in the past. We have bigger fish to fry than each other.

Peace.
Now that the election is done what in your opinion is the next fish fry. I'm thinking contract. So be specific as you always are. I value your opinion brother & think local 804 is a balls out local that deserves respect and support.

annoyed804

:angry-very2::angry-very2::angry-very2::sad-very:
Someone with a brain.....remember...Pope is a joke, so is Sylvester and company at 804 !

Maybe the JOKE is the rest of the nation , We here at 804 have never voted for Hoffa and never will. Maybe were you live in your trailer park its OK what you make. Maybe you don't need to buy clothes since you guys keep knocking up family members and re using old clothes.

To us the last 2 contracts sucked point blank our contract and supplemental agreements sucked. Ron Carey came from local 804 and was backed by TDU and he won.

What local are you from? How much does your executive board make? do you have UPS members? What did your home cost you? what does schooling cost you? what are your taxes every year? what does gas cost you? how much are your tolls for bridges and tunnels by you? Its not as cut and dry as you think.

Hey I understand stand if you live in a **** kicking in breed state own a trailer in a trailer park then you don't have a problem with Hoffa. but here in NYC he sucks. His contracts Sucks.

annoyed804

Pope is still a dope....Tim S, what are you going to do in a year...your mop is waiting for you...Liam R....you are going to be unemployed correct...fired by ups and upheld by the arbitrator.....give us our local back and our pride.