Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

What I heard from a labor guy in my building is that UPS is trying to get 804 to make a deal and admit to wrong doing but Tim wont make a deal. I give Tim credit for not making a deal.

I agree Tim should not make that kind of deal to get them back but they have been out since April!! Why hasnt the arbitrator ruled ?? How long can it take to hammer out a fair settlement to get these two guys back in their trucks??

Agitator2

I agree Tim should not make that kind of deal to get them back but they have been out since April!! Why hasnt the arbitrator ruled ?? How long can it take to hammer out a fair settlement to get these two guys back in their trucks??

Hey no clue 804 brown BECAUSE if he has to rule he is going to fire them. He told the union to work it out, so if big boy dont make some kind of DEAL they will be discharged for violation of the no strike clause Thanks to Row B

not what i voted for

What I heard from a labor guy in my building is that UPS is trying to get 804 to make a deal and admit to wrong doing but T* wont make a deal. I give Tim credit for not making a deal.

I cant believe that you give T* credit because he wont admit that D* made a mistake and two stewards are out of a job.I wonder what you would say if you were in their situation.
Tell the labor guy that you will volunteer to take the discharge for your brothers!

Last edited by a moderator:

EyesLookingIn

I cant believe that you give Tim credit because he wont admit that D* made a mistake and two stewards are out of a job.I wonder what you would say if you were in their situation.
Tell the labor guy that you will volunteer to take the discharge for your brothers!

When was the last time you heard management admit one of their guys made a mistake? Even if D* messed up ( and I think he did ), what is T* to do throw him under the bus? That still wont help the situation getting the stewards jobs back. But it would make you guys happy....

EyesLookingIn

Hey no clue 804 brown BECAUSE if he has to rule he is going to fire them. He told the union to work it out, so if big boy dont make some kind of DEAL they will be discharged for violation of the no strike clause Thanks to Row B

I agree that thats why its taking so long, but lets remember the reason this all happen UPS didn't want to allow a driver to come off the road when he was to tired to drive.

Oh and bu the way, rumor has it the 2 stewards filed NLRB charges against the union.

If that is true then there is more to this then we know.

not what i voted for

When was the last time you heard management admit one of their guys made a mistake? Even if D* messed up ( and I think he did ), what is T* to do throw him under the bus? That still wont help the situation getting the stewards jobs back. But it would make you guys happy....

You stated they wanted him to admit some wrong doing to fix it. They can't fire D* and by the way he made a big mistake.Some times you have to make the responsible decision D* wrong and you help stewards get their job back!!! That would make the Members happy.

EyesLookingIn

You stated they wanted him to admit some wrong doing to fix it. They can't fire Oringer and by the way he made a big mistake.Some times you have to make the responsible decision Oringer wrong and you help stewards get their job back!!! That would make the Members happy.

UPS wanted him to admit a slow down so that they could win easy at arbitration and 804 would have to pay huge fines. Still doesn't mean the stewards get there jobs back. I heard there was an offer UPS put on the table to save the stewards but I don't know what it was.

To say UPS would fix it I don't think so. Thats like LP saying just tell the truth it will be OK. I think your smarter then that. LOL

not what i voted for

UPS wanted him to admit a slow down so that they could win easy at arbitration and 804 would have to pay huge fines. Still doesn't mean the stewards get there jobs back. I heard there was an offer UPS put on the table to save the stewards but I don't know what it was.

To say UPS would fix it I don't think so. Thats like LP saying just tell the truth it will be OK. I think your smarter then that. LOL

You didn't say any of this in your original post, you made it sound like all he had to do is admit a mistake. It will be a sad day if these two loose their jobs over this.
If they can't negotiate this I have no faith in them to negotiate anything, there is nothing more important than saving members jobs that followed the Unions instructions.

annoyed804

It's really sad to have to walk on eggshells when your just trying to earn a living! keep your heads up boys it's a bumpy ride! "DO NOT LET THEM GET TO YOU"

Who are " them" the company or the meatball so called union......bring back, vote back the old 804...get rid of the clowns and that big buffoon of a president.

804brown

.....and I bet you voted for that other clown also Barack O................."CHANGE"......I heard they have so many lawyers on the payroll they can start their own version of LA LAW..............

If you are a Teamster or a union worker or member of the working class and you vote republican, then you vote against your own economic interests and are therefore a fool. However, there are other parties to vote for besides the D's or R's. I find my self not agreeing with every Democratic proposal, but I NEVER find myself agreeing with ANY republican proposal, even their "Modest Proposals"!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you are a Teamster or a union worker or member of the working class and you vote republican, then you vote against your own economic interests and are therefore a fool. However, there are other parties to vote for besides the D's or R's. I find my self not agreeing with every Democratic proposal, but I NEVER find myself agreeing with ANY republican proposal, even their "Modest Proposals"!!
It depends on whether you look at it from the short-term and self-centered perspective or if you look at it from the perspective of that a strong economic society that has a demand for "working class" resources.

UPS union workers are in a enviable role in that their jobs cannot be moved offshore but something will have to be done to disable the FedEx business model used in FedEx Ground.

annoyed804

$59,500 thats the cost of BARCK O,s upcoming 17 day vacation in Hawaii...thats $ 3,500 a day ............need I say more about the supreme Democrat..............sounds a lot like our 804 E board with the EXCESSIVE and UNNECESSARY spending.......