Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

804brown

$59,500 thats the cost of BARCK O,s upcoming 17 day vacation in Hawaii...thats $ 3,500 a day ............need I say more about the supreme Democrat..............sounds a lot like our 804 E board with the EXCESSIVE and UNNECESSARY spending.......

Now I know why you are so annoyed. You are so clueless as to what is actually going on. First, all presidents take vacations, get over it. Next, our 804 board actually cut their salaries upon taking office. The old guys made about $165k a year plus had matching 401ks. The new guys make $115k with not matching 401ks. They cut spending on the old law firm that used to represent the union at the arbitrations. Wasted big bucks on that firm and we still lost many arbs. The new firm is about 1/3 less in price. plus there is now an inhouse lawyer that deals with lots of the new cases.

So what exactly is all this excessive spending you were ranting about??

Had enough

Now I know why you are so annoyed. You are so clueless as to what is actually going on. First, all presidents take vacations, get over it. Next, our 804 board actually cut their salaries upon taking office. The old guys made about $165k a year plus had matching 401ks. The new guys make $115k with not matching 401ks. They cut spending on the old law firm that used to represent the union at the arbitrations. Wasted big bucks on that firm and we still lost many arbs. The new firm is about 1/3 less in price. plus there is now an inhouse lawyer that deals with lots of the new cases.

So what exactly is all this excessive spending you were ranting about??
Give it up Brown nose......They have alot of extra people working in the office!!!! Who are you trying to fool.......(Come on now the Two stewards are there also!!!) Thousands have their number already.....:wink2:

annoyed804

Sorry not thousands only 441...........

Hey 804 Brown....are you bucking for a job with the union, they might have to get rid of the 2 stewards that Dave O had lose their jobs by listening to him......more and more members everyday can see that this e board is clueless and not good for the overall membership.
Good thing the clerks at Brush only got a suspension and not fired for listening to Dave O and Carl R ( he is a steward , well in name only ) for asking the clerks to slow down. All the rah rah talk is just that talk, this board has to go far far away.
Bottom line is be grateful you are employed because the company sure does not care ( except for production ) and the local just blows smoke ........and if you really cant take it anymore quit and see what its like in the real world, we really make decent money for what we do.

804brown

Give it up Brown nose......They have alot of extra people working in the office!!!! Who are you trying to fool.......(Come on now the Two stewards are there also!!!) Thousands have their number already.....:wink2:

You are right, there are extra people working at the hall. The two stewards that were fired are there until they get their jobs back but until then they actually serve the members. But then again there is one less board member Ken R left months ago.

not what i voted for

You are right, there are extra people working at the hall. The two stewards that were fired are there until they get their jobs back but until then they actually serve the members. But then again there is one less board member Ken R left months ago.

You must be a board member. I guess you think that the members will forget that they replaced him with Liam R. There is also an advisor (TDUpay back) for the President is he also paying Pope for her advice. What ever advice he or they are getting it is not helping the members, just ask the two stewards.

Ibt804Hammer

Dont forget Anthony was added also. I still think they are way over manned with the two from melville. Get that lazy pos jim r out in the field and out in of the office and send pete to school and we will be ok.

804brown

Dont forget Anthony was added also. I still think they are way over manned with the two from melville. Get that lazy pos jim r out in the field and out in of the office and send pete to school and we will be ok.

You are right. They started out with 11 elected. They added Liam R as special projects coordinator, added Anthony as a union rep, Ken went back to the truck, Liam got bumped up to full BA. In the middle of that the two Melville stewards got fired, then hired by the union temporarily and possibly, maybe hired the steward from Foster Jack?? I think that is where we are at!!

not what i voted for

You are right. They started out with 11 elected. They added Liam R as special projects coordinator, added Anthony as a union rep, Ken went back to the truck, Liam got bumped up to full BA. In the middle of that the two Melville stewards got fired, then hired by the union temporarily and possibly, maybe hired the steward from Foster Jack?? I think that is where we are at!!

Don't forget the safety guy, president's consultants,in house attorney and 24/7 answering service.

MistakeVoting4ThisEboard

Another arbitration case lost, spoke with the member and his steward was the one who told him they ruled against him, he didn't even get notified by the E board. Shows how much they really care...

I hope our 2 stewards have better luck....

AcesUp804

Another arbitration case lost, spoke with the member and his steward was the one who told him they ruled against him, he didn't even get notified by the E board. Shows how much they really care...

So the steward talked to the driver first , think your spitting hairs but nothing new for you , Sorry to hear he lost his job but what chance do members have with the great language we have in our contract. Also doesn't help when your a repeat offender and you keep flagging stops , After the driver showed up the DM Joe R , Joe said " I'll have the last laugh ", guess he was right......

AcesUp804

Just want to say great job to all involved in getting back a drivers job from Foster that was fired last year.

Tony D said "what a waste of money by the board going to arbitration with this case, guys got NO shot , NONE , just wasting members dues money"

Driver got his job back today......KEEP TALKING TONY KEEP TALKING.........

804brown

MAYBE ?? Sorry Jack was hired and was told he had Foster nights but didn't know what else. Then stepped down for personal reasons , so there's no maybe..... ITS A FACT.......

It would be nice to find out from the official local 804 website at least what is going on in our local: who is coming in, where he is working, arbs won, arbs lost. This website should not be the only place info (or rumors with some) comes out from our local!! They ran on keeping us informed unlike the old guys who "kept us in the dark" about everything!!

not what i voted for

It would be nice to find out from the official local 804 website at least what is going on in our local: who is coming in, where he is working, arbs won, arbs lost. This website should not be the only place info (or rumors with some) comes out from our local!! They ran on keeping us informed unlike the old guys who "kept us in the dark" about everything!!
At least there is something you are not happy with. They said a lot of things they are not living up to