UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

9.5mania

I agree, but I don't think SOB would put a vote up that wouldn't benefit every member.
UPS knows who votes. I have to wonder if PT would vote down a contract that gave them a lot and screwed the FT.
This is precisely why SOB didn’t want to put UPS last offer to a vote. He knows FT would vote on it based on what we were getting. He has to be the one standing up for PT because they don’t vote. I still think this deal gets done with PT starting rate around $19-20.

ManInBrown

This is precisely why SOB didn’t want to put UPS last offer to a vote. He knows FT would vote on it based on what we were getting. He has to be the one standing up for PT because they don’t vote. I still think this deal gets done with PT starting rate around $19-20.
There’s a theory going around among the people I work with that he won’t accept a penny less than what he’s asking for. I found it odd that even when UPS said ok let’s meet again and give us till July 5th he was still making threats thru social media. Like why do that? You better give us what we want. At some point everyone knows how UPS is, that was only going to piss someone off. A lot of people I work with think he actually wants a strike to drum up support from other workers like Amazon to agree to unionize. I’m fine with whatever happens, if we strike we strike but it’s almost as if he wants one.

Too bad it's weighted priorities are scheduling the biggest dump stops in the truck until noon to 1PM where the driver isn't allowed to attempt the stop if the receiving businesses are closed for lunch, scheduling the school delivery at 3PM when the parking lot is maxed out with busses, cars, kids and crossing guards, and directing the driver to somehow proceed over or through concrete barriers because it fails to account for the difference between a street and a boulevard.

Basic-bitch? Try to put all the lipstick on it you want. It won't change the fact the program has, is, and likely will continue to be a loser.
you're missing my point, your PDS is at fault because he can literally change those settings at will

There’s a theory going around among the people I work with that he won’t accept a penny less than what he’s asking for. I found it odd that even when UPS said ok let’s meet again and give us till July 5th he was still making threats thru social media. Like why do that? You better give us what we want. At some point everyone knows how UPS is, that was only going to piss someone off. A lot of people I work with think he actually wants a strike to drum up support from other workers like Amazon to agree to unionize. I’m fine with whatever happens, if we strike we strike but it’s almost as if he wants one.
i mean, at the end of the day UPS has to accept what the Teamsters want, or at least what will be arbitrated

if 340,000 people don't wanna work, wtf is UPS gonna do about it

now if Carols buddies at the Fed had shoved the economy into a depression on schedule, rather than it dragging out like this, maybe UPS would have a lot more leverage, but it's a slow crash landing so far

Trucker Clock

No conspiracy theories here, but it has crossed my mind also. Is it give me what I want or else? Is it I'm not budging an inch?

I almost get the feeling he wants a strike, to be the man that was behind the largest strike in labor history. I hope I am wrong. I hope he knew that there is a number somewhere between his first offer and the Company's first offer. I always thought that's how negotiations worked. Go high first, knowing you have some wiggle room and may need to come down. As UPS did. They went low knowing they may, or would have, to come up.

Last edited:

HarryWarden

Mkay.
I fully support pushing to phase out part time jobs. There really shouldn't be part time jobs at a union shop. People deserve the dignity of a real job.
The last few orientations I've seen walking through the building compared to 30 years ago, nailed it Gumby!! UPS used to recruit through colleges, that's how I got the job. My friends that started college right after HS, got hired on through their schools. I followed suit.
Fast forward to now: maybe 10% of potential new hires are in school, the rest remind me of Xmas driver helpers. Maybe they'll work a few days until they realize it's work.
Lol you guys are so delusional it’s scary. You’ve been on here fighting for ten pages about how part timers shouldn’t make more money, ignoring the fact part time wages didn’t rise for 30 years, and now you’re complaining that part timers aren’t good workers

You get what you pay for

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No conspiracy theories here, but it has crossed my mind also. Is it give me what I want or else? Is it I'm not budging an inch?

I almost get the feeling he wants a strike, to be the man that was behind the largest strike in labor history. I hope I am wrong. I hope he knew that there is a number somewhere between his first offer and the Company's first offer. I always thought that's how negotiations worked. Go high first, knowing you have some wiggle room and may need to come down. As UPS did. They went low knowing they may, or would have, to come up.
Neither side has enough money to go on strike, even though I favor a strike in the end

HarryWarden

OK...we should agree that PT will get some raise. Will it be equal to FT. I don't know. Can a National Guard soldier get the same benefits as Active Duty in the Army? Nope. PT is considered a different system.

PT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as FT.
Answer: Become FT

FT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Manager.
Answer: Get a college degree and apply for Manager job.

Manager: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Elon Musk.
Elon Musk: Start a successful business, you dummies!
Lol full timers now considering themselves war heroes. You guys are just weird. Only ups can cause such a division you think full time job is some holy grail. You’re working a few extra hours doing the same job, calm down

HarryWarden

That doesn't guarantee that the PT workers are entitled to the same hourly wage FT hourlies earn when they routinely fail at each and every opportunity to vote on the company's final offers of compensation for 20 years running.

Attempts to blame FT workers, a minority of members who have a voice, won't achieve anything but obstacles to unity when way too many PT employees, who make up the majority of votes to influence the outcome of whether a tentative agreement gets ratified, refuse to stand up and take even the most minimal step required in an effort to help themselves.
Hey buddy, maybe part timers don’t vote as much because they’re paid scraps and barely scraping by and working 2-3 jobs and don’t have time to read a contract or know what’s going on

Maybe if they were paid a living wage, like they were in the 80s, they would be more invested in this company and have time to learn, and they would vote and participate, like they did in 97, the reason so many of you have full time jobs

Maybe that’s the reason corporate has kept part time wages so low and they know exactly what they’re doing

Thank goodness we have someone like Sean fighting for us instead of people like you

ManInBrown

Neither side has enough money to go on strike, even though I favor a strike in the end
I think you’re overestimating the company being scared of a strike. In feeders for all of 2023 they’ve been treating customers like crap. Not dropping empties, completely blowing off pickups. Leaving 100% trailers at customers ready to go and not sending drivers to pick them up. And that’s all in tune with the mass layoffs We are experiencing. Blow off customers, not as many drivers are needed. On the package side drivers are not really going to see anything like what we are seeing. They've been basically shouting themselves in the foot for the entire year. The question is, why.

Thebrownblob

I think you’re overestimating the company being scared of a strike. In feeders for all of 2023 they’ve been treating customers like crap. Not dropping empties, completely blowing off pickups. Leaving 100% trailers at customers ready to go and not sending drivers to pick them up. And that’s all in tune with the mass layoffs We are experiencing. Blow off customers, not as many drivers are needed. On the package side drivers are not really going to see anything like what we are seeing. They've been basically shouting themselves in the foot for the entire year. The question is, why.
Because when Carol became CEO she figured out that everyone else’s service was even worse so that we could lower ours and still seem better

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It is about money, ups can't afford to lose billions a day and I don't think the union has a big enough strike fund to last that long

9.5mania

He needs a big win to attract Amazon, especially a win after a strike cause those guys will have to strike to get a win. I hope he negotiates with UPS.

anonymous23456

Agree but that plan has been kicked into overdrive this year. Why?
I guess you haven't visited Reddit to see what customers say about UPS. :lol: And I don't mean this year!!!

Read through many customers comments and you want to change your uniform to this:

maxresdefault.jpg

s-l1200.webp

Last edited:

Undertow

Hey buddy, maybe part timers don’t vote as much because they’re paid scraps and barely scraping by and working 2-3 jobs and don’t have time to read a contract or know what’s going on

Maybe if they were paid a living wage, like they were in the 80s, they would be more invested in this company and have time to learn, and they would vote and participate, like they did in 97, the reason so many of you have full time jobs

Maybe that’s the reason corporate has kept part time wages so low and they know exactly what they’re doing

Thank goodness we have someone like Sean fighting for us instead of people like you
As I predicted, you arrived here again peddling lame excuses for the overwhelming majority of hourlies who didn't care enough to suffer the inconvenience of taking a couple minutes in one day over a span of 5 years to even exercise their voice with regard to wages and compensation they knew they'd be working under.

Can't wait for what you come up with when a majority of them yet again have so much more important stuff to do when they fail to cast votes even if O'Brien succeeds in moving the needle for them. And if O'Brien does succeed in that, you will have FT's to thank for it as most part-timers sat out his election as well.

HarryWarden

As I predicted, you arrived here again peddling lame excuses for the overwhelming majority of hourlies who didn't care enough to suffer the inconvenience of taking a couple minutes in one day over a span of 5 years to even exercise their voice with regard to wages and compensation they knew they'd be working under.

Can't wait for what you come up with when a majority of them yet again have so much more important stuff to do when they fail to cast votes even if O'Brien succeeds in moving the needle for them. And if O'Brien does succeed in that, you will have FT's to thank for it as most part-timers sat out his election as well.
Newsflash, the poor working class have lower turn out, even in national elections. It’s not a ups part time phenomenon. People who aren’t struggling have more time and energy to focus on that.

It doesn’t mean you leave them in the dust and contribute to the wealth inequality

Ups knows all this though, and they love that you’re too ignorant to see it, and blame the workers instead of corporate