UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

HarryWarden

Yeah, you don't hear any FTer whining about a "living wage".
"Some" just want to suckle and pretend that you're oppressed, yet don't take the simple step to improve yourself or your well-being. Bottom-feeder....
Because ft do get a living wage…

Do you think it’s fair that part time wage didn’t raise at all for 30 years?

Stop acting like full time work is some special thing. You’re working a few extra hours doing the same job, that’s it.

Why does someone working part time doing the same job deserve less? Do you not think a single man going to school should be able to support himself during it working at ups?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Stop acting like full time work is some special thing. You’re working a few extra hours doing the same job, that’s it.

Why does someone working part time doing the same job deserve less? Do you not think a single man going to school should be able to support himself during it working at ups?
Maybe you need an analogy.....
You're in a lifeboat and 90% of the people are rowing FT....Do they get more water than the guy only rowing PT?

The student scenario is not the case and you should know that. It's the guys that hang on forever because they get more than they give....

HarryWarden

Maybe you need an analogy.....
You're in a lifeboat and 90% of the people are rowing FT....Do they get more water than the guy only rowing PT?

The student scenario is not the case and you should know that. It's the guys that hang on forever because they get more than they give....
Lol what an absolutely hilarious analogy, considering you’re only helping my point, considering 60% of ups is part time

And the second part, what are you talking about? Part timers get more than they give? You’re delusional. And you conpletley ignored the point, as usual. Why do you feel a single person shouldn’t be able to support themselves working part time at ups? Back in the day you could work your through school, back in the 80s when the starting wage was equivalent to almost $25 an hour

You really don’t see a problem with part time wages not rising a cent for 30 years? Do you know how much cost of living has risen in that time?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Lol what an absolutely hilarious analogy, considering you’re only helping my point, considering 60% of ups is part time

And the second part, what are you talking about? Part timers get more than they give? You’re delusional. And you conpletley ignored the point, as usual. Why do you feel a single person shouldn’t be able to support themselves working part time at ups? Back in the day you could work your through school, back in the 80s when the starting wage was equivalent to almost $25 an hour

You really don’t see a problem with part time wages not rising a cent for 30 years? Do you know how much cost of living has risen in that time?
Go get a real job....WTF is so hard to understand?

Thebrownblob

I see a problem with wages not rising for 30 years, but your argument is a 2018 argument. We just went up there and they’re going to go up this time as well. Most likely very close to $25 an hour already paid 21 and 22 where I am.

I see a problem with wages not rising for 30 years, but your argument is a 2018 argument. We just went up there and they’re going to go up this time as well. Most likely very close to $25 an hour already paid 21 and 22 where I am.
Wasn't the starting wage in 2017 $10.10. Now it's $15.50

And why do full-time supervisors make more money per hour than part-time supervisors?

HarryWarden

Wasn't the starting wage in 2017 $10.10. Now it's $15.50

And why do full-time supervisors make more money per hour than part-time supervisors?
You’re going to start setting your bar off what management does?
I know!! They’re doing the same job!
except they’re not doing the same job. And of course you guys are setting your bar with how management runs things, how sad

Why does management have worse pension and health care? Maybe we should lower yours too

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

except they’re not doing the same job. And of course you guys are setting your bar with how management runs things, how sad

Why does management have worse pension and health care? Maybe we should lower yours too
Like good communists.

PPH_over_9000

Do PTers have worse health insurance?

I thought it was all the same for union.... in which case the argument about "dudes that hold on forever because they get more than they give" makes a little more sense.

idk, I could be wrong, though. PTers should make a livable wage, but my sense of what that is is definitely skewed because I started out making $8.50/hr and after 7-8 years I was making $16-and-some-change/hr, which I was actually okay with until I found out that new hires were going to start getting $15/hr and since I was already above that I'd only be seeing my annual.

THAT'S the reason I went driving.