UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Karma...

Ptrs have been supporting the fters for a long time with their high turn over, not using benefits., etc....their total cost to ups is the hourly rate plus benefits which many won't use..thats about 9 dollars to the union for every hour they work......its not the same for the fters..give the pters the full amount and have the fters pay their own way....the sluice fund needs revision......the fters are taking the pters money........divvy it up fairly bros......no wonder the teamsters are called reamsters where I am....also the pt bender over

The Range

In too deep
I think Mr. Obrien's strategy here is brilliant. UPS was going to frame the narrative as UPS drivers and their 100k wages. Making this about the majority of the workforce being part-time and their poverty wages, public perception flips. If we win a good contract for everyone, workers at amazon and elsewhere will take note. I am grateful the minority of selfish drivers aren't near the negotiation table. This is about raising everyone up and growing teamster membership. Part-time ain't a crime. This media tour touting part-time garbage wages is going to pay off IMO.

Emergency Conditions

I think Mr. Obrien's strategy here is brilliant. UPS was going to frame the narrative as UPS drivers and their 100k wages. Making this about the majority of the workforce being part-time and their poverty wages, public perception flips. If we win a good contract for everyone, workers at amazon and elsewhere will take note. I am grateful the minority of selfish drivers aren't near the negotiation table. This is about raising everyone up and growing teamster membership. Part-time ain't a crime.
Good point!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think Mr. Obrien's strategy here is brilliant. UPS was going to frame the narrative as UPS drivers and their 100k wages. Making this about the majority of the workforce being part-time and their poverty wages, public perception flips. If we win a good contract for everyone, workers at amazon and elsewhere will take note. I am grateful the minority of selfish drivers aren't near the negotiation table. This is about raising everyone up and growing teamster membership. Part-time ain't a crime. This media tour touting part-time garbage wages is going to pay off IMO.
Maybe

The Range

In too deep
Good point!
People can't see the forest for the trees. Recall the posters here in the lead-up that were so concerned that pubic perception would not be on our side because of the driver's wages. Teamster leadership is countering that in the most effective way possible. As I said earlier, UPS's only hope is to drive a wedge between FT and PT. Russian talking points and the useful idiots who parrot it. Me Me Me!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I will be moving over the rest of the PT vs FT comments and posts to the dump thread that I created once I’m at my computer instead of phone.

The thread was being derailed by that debate.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I agree, If you want big money, go full time. You’ll be getting AT LEAST double the amount because you’re full time, hence working twice the hours

That’s what I’ve been saying the whole time.

You and others have been really disrespectful to part timers in here. Asking for a living wage is suddenly liberal propaganda. No one is saying you should be able to support a family on part time wages.

I’m saying a long term part timer warehouse should have the same top out hourly pay as a full time warehouse worker, and I really don’t see why that is so controversial
IMG_2071.gif

Undertow

I say give ‘em what they want. While you’re at it, since they think they are on equal footing with FT, give them random drug tests too. More money, more responsibilities. We will see how many are left after a few rounds of randoms.
Lol...The company would have to suspend it's 60 hour restriction and force us all to the full 70 in that scenario.

Undertow

I do think that's at least sound reasoning. I've never had a customer tell me I make too much as a driver, but not all of the public is aware how far behind the times the part time wage has eroded to.

But if that is O'Brien's strategy, how far is he willing to go for such a sizeable portion of the workforce that also has been historically the least inclined to participate. If we all go on strike and accept all that comes with that, and the PT workforce yet again fails to show up and even vote on an agreement that cost even more sacrifice, then what?