UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Because ft do get a living wage…

Do you think it’s fair that part time wage didn’t raise at all for 30 years?

Stop acting like full time work is some special thing. You’re working a few extra hours doing the same job, that’s it.

Why does someone working part time doing the same job deserve less? Do you not think a single man going to school should be able to support himself during it working at ups?
You keep saying "its the Same Job.....
Please, show us how they are the same job. Does a PTer have to worry about dog bites constently, or have the added stress of finding a good park position in a snow storm? Or moving a package more than a car length? Does preload have to walk down a long driveway?

Youre freaking delusional. It is NOT the same job....

Is it HARD work? Yes. No one is saying it isnt. But it is NOT the same.

Now hurry along, your ps5 is waiting for you.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yes it seems Republicans have chosen to stay out of it, and Democrats have signaled they're willing to intervene to stop a strike.

They can see that it has the potential to be hornet’s nest, a no win situation.

I believe that there is no way that the feds are going to allow a strike, the Company has to bend on this one. The feds have been involved already, this Central States bail out benefited both the Union and UPS, it was going to cost UPS at least 3.5 billion just to cover the possibility of a Central default or reducing our retirees’ benefits now they are technically off the hook.

The Company recently eliminated further funding into their own pension trusts…that is going to save them 1.5 billion annually. UPS has four defined pension funds in their care.

a. The UPS Pension Plan that covers all our part time service present and past.

b. The IBT/ UPS Pension Plan covering those full timers under the Central and Southern.

c. The UPS Retirement Plan that covers primarily their management.

d. (Another excessive retirement plan) forgot the name that covers their executive partners.

The process for the elimination of management vesting started in 2016 way before the bail out..

Study the annual contribution rates of those 4 plans before that decision. We all can guess who was getting the biggest piece of the pie, particularly with the UPS Pension Plan for their Union folks, the IBT/UPS Pension was not much better.

HarryWarden

You keep saying "its the Same Job.....
Please, show us how they are the same job. Does a PTer have to worry about dog bites constently, or have the added stress of finding a good park position in a snow storm? Or moving a package more than a car length? Does preload have to walk down a long driveway?

Youre freaking delusional. It is NOT the same job....

Is it HARD work? Yes. No one is saying it isnt. But it is NOT the same.

Now hurry along, your ps5 is waiting for you.
Man, for the 100th time, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DRIVING

driving is a different job with different responsibilities and higher wages

I am talking about part time warehouse work vs full time warehouse work

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The fact that he said that there are part timers who live in poverty hit too close. Too many in my hub that are homeless and doing the best they can and management :censored2:ing them over.

Seen that scenario many years ago...Part timers being dropped off by their parents or relatives because they can not afford a car or insurance on 15 bucks an hour, people are forgetting about that 3.5 hour guarantee..currently these part timers are getting around 5 or more hours a day, some are on a 6 day work schedule, what happens if the Company decides to kick them off the clock at 4 hours.

4 hours at 15 bucks an hour..60 a day...300 a week..try to be on your own, that is why the average part timer qualifies for food stamps and are living in the basement of their parents home...

Even if they can negotiate 20 bucks an hour, do the math...same .. :hamwheelsmilf:

The days of the career part timer are over..The Union and the Company decided that many moons ago...

When I was a part timer back in "77" I worked 4 hours a day, got a paper check and had the luxury of not rushing them to the bank and cash them in...Going to school under the GI Bill..paying 150 dollars a month for a one bedroom apartment. Hired in at 5.50 an hour which at that time was 2 1/2 times the state minimum wage..paid full Union Dues the same as a full timer.

Believe it or not back then when you mentioned that you worked at UPS you got instant respect just because we were making close to what a package car driver was making..Now a days I do not tell people..It's a shame.

Still believe it is a good company, but why in the Hell do they treat their employees like crap...No real reason for it...except GREED on the highest levels...That is where there weakest link is, decision making by clueless people living in the Corporate Fish Bowl...

Post note: I Just hit 5,000 remarks...:martinismiley:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The CEO has a fiduciary duty to shareholders Vanguard and Blackrock are biggest are largest shareholders they own millions of shares ! if the start to lose money and not break even they will put pressure
The Annie Casey foundation holds the most shares and always has. Around $4.5 Billion of shares and assets as of last year.

K20A

Yeah it sure is strange. Can't seem to find anything supportive from GOP electeds at all. All the support for us from Washington seems to be coming from the hated "commies" and "liberal queers".

Yeah that’s not a surprise. The GOP has brainwashed a lot of ppl here tho. “Oh no the gays” blah blah blah

Fact is if you’re union and you vote republican you’re an idiot. No the democrats will never fulfill everyone’s agenda, and yes I hate Biden for the railroad thing, but it’s the best shot we got as union members, and stopping RTW from growing to other states.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Yeah that’s not a surprise. The GOP has brainwashed a lot of ppl here tho. “Oh no the gays” blah blah blah

Fact is if you’re union and you vote republican you’re an idiot. No the democrats will never fulfill everyone’s agenda, and yes I hate Biden for the railroad thing, but it’s the best shot we got as union members, and stopping RTW from growing to other states.
Speaking of idiots⬆️⬆️⬆️

Ghost in the Darkness

Latest release from Teamsters says if tentative agreement not reached by July 31st, then there will be a strike. First time I've seen it worded that way. I don't have a problem with it if the desired contract is offered by July 31st. It seems that UPS will drag it out until then atleast.

Latest release from Teamsters says if tentative agreement not reached by July 31st, then there will be a strike. First time I've seen it worded that way. I don't have a problem with it if the desired contract is offered by July 31st. It seems that UPS will drag it out until then atleast.

That's what I've said from day one. There's no way he could say, "oh, hey, this looks good, we're still gonna go on strike, but only until we get our voting :censored2: done."

9.5mania

This was always the case brother, if SOB gets everything he wants on July 31, he isn't going to strike. He talked a big game about that deadline but now he has to crawfish a little bit. Not a big deal, I like a little trash talk.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's what I've said from day one. There's no way he could say, "oh, hey, this looks good, we're still gonna go on strike, but only until we get our voting :censored2: done."
If they get a contract they think is good enough for members to vote on there will be an extension. Otherwise the odds of a strike are looking pretty good. No way we will walk during voting.

9.5mania

Yeah it sure is strange. Can't seem to find anything supportive from GOP electeds at all. All the support for us from Washington seems to be coming from the hated "commies" and "liberal queers".

There are plenty of Republicans who will support when push comes to shove. JD Vance has been very outspoken about being pro union. The problem is all the grandstanding the commies and liberal queers have to do. They don't support unions; they cower to the unions. The problem is however, when it comes down to it, they will side with UPS just like they did with the railroads. All their platitudes mean nothing. You leftist are so easily manipulated and just love your attention whore politicians.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

It's a good move on SOBs part, as it shows he's operating under good faith.