UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Hot Carl

There are plenty of Republicans who will support when push comes to shove. JD Vance has been very outspoken about being pro union. The problem is all the grandstanding the commies and liberal queers have to do. They don't support unions; they cower to the unions. The problem is however, when it comes down to it, they will side with UPS just like they did with the railroads. All their platitudes mean nothing. You leftist are so easily manipulated and just love your attention whore politicians.
So why do Republicans pass RTW legislation at the state level at every single opportunity if that’s the case?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So why do Republicans pass RTW legislation at the state level at every single opportunity if that’s the case?

Their main targets are the public service unions, like the teacher’s Union, private unions like the Teamsters are pretty much left alone.

They know the sentiment of their voters, I voted for Trump but respect what Bernie Sanders was saying.. the gap between the haves and have nots has to change.

ManInBrown

There are plenty of Republicans who will support when push comes to shove. JD Vance has been very outspoken about being pro union. The problem is all the grandstanding the commies and liberal queers have to do. They don't support unions; they cower to the unions. The problem is however, when it comes down to it, they will side with UPS just like they did with the railroads. All their platitudes mean nothing. You leftist are so easily manipulated and just love your attention whore politicians.
Bingo. The left does things for appearance. By no means am I saying the right is union friendly, they aren’t. But all the left does is grandstand. AOC played a huge role in shutting down the rail strike, and then she shows up with the 804 in Queens yesterday. GTFOH. They’re vile. They knew student loan forgiveness would never happen. They do things for appearances and votes. Reparations never had a chance in hell. They knew it. Both sides the left and right do nothing for the people. They are all corrupt and owned By the people that got them where they are.

ManInBrown

I think he nailed it here
One thing I keep finding funny that he says in every interview is when they all bring up the $93,000 a year for drivers he says that’s 60-65 hours a week. Stop. $93,000 a year is 44 hours per week. 60 hours is $145,000. Just in the name of transparency. That’s information that could easily be found out by anyone. He isn’t being truthful. He’s been great with everything else.

One thing I keep finding funny that he says in every interview is when they all bring up the $93,000 a year for drivers he says that’s 60-65 hours a week. Stop. $93,000 a year is 44 hours per week. 60 hours is $145,000. Just in the name of transparency. That’s information that could easily be found out by anyone. He isn’t being truthful. He’s been great with everything else.
It's no different than a company saying we make $95,000 a year but they forget to mention that's what overtime

Nor does the company say what the average part time worker makes

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We also need to stop basing how much people “make” on their gross. We do not “make” that much in a year. After taxes and dues it’s more around 75K take home based on those hours.

clarnzz

Very true. We can’t do more than 60 unless the last hours are Saturday preload. I did 140 last year, but that was with coming in on vacations when they asked me and also taking Thanksgiving week as an optional week and working it, but also never did over 60, but got as close to 60 as I could almost every week with voluntary 6th punches. We also have drivers who take voluntary layoffs every chance they get and only make in the 70s. I get it though, when the average Joe asks me about the 93k thing I also say it’s possible, but only if you work a lot of overtime. The sad part is 93k isn’t a lot of money these days, I don’t know how the people who think that’s a lot of money and have a nicer house than me, drive a nicer car than me and multiple tropical vacations a year make ends meet.

Very true. We can’t do more than 60 unless the last hours are Saturday preload. I did 140 last year, but that was with coming in on vacations when they asked me and also taking Thanksgiving week as an optional week and working it, but also never did over 60, but got as close to 60 as I could almost every week with voluntary 6th punches. We also have drivers who take voluntary layoffs every chance they get and only make in the 70s. I get it though, when the average Joe asks me about the 93k thing I also say it’s possible, but only if you work a lot of overtime. The sad part is 93k isn’t a lot of money these days, I don’t know how the people who think that’s a lot of money and have a nicer house than me, drive a nicer car than me and multiple tropical vacations a year make ends meet.
They're able to do that because they max out their credit and have no savings

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Seen that scenario many years ago...Part timers being dropped off by their parents or relatives because they can not afford a car or insurance on 15 bucks an hour, people are forgetting about that 3.5 hour guarantee..currently these part timers are getting around 5 or more hours a day, some are on a 6 day work schedule, what happens if the Company decides to kick them off the clock at 4 hours.

4 hours at 15 bucks an hour..60 a day...300 a week..try to be on your own, that is why the average part timer qualifies for food stamps and are living in the basement of their parents home...

Even if they can negotiate 20 bucks an hour, do the math...same .. :hamwheelsmilf:

The days of the career part timer are over..The Union and the Company decided that many moons ago...

When I was a part timer back in "77" I worked 4 hours a day, got a paper check and had the luxury of not rushing them to the bank and cash them in...Going to school under the GI Bill..paying 150 dollars a month for a one bedroom apartment. Hired in at 5.50 an hour which at that time was 2 1/2 times the state minimum wage..paid full Union Dues the same as a full timer.

Believe it or not back then when you mentioned that you worked at UPS you got instant respect just because we were making close to what a package car driver was making..Now a days I do not tell people..It's a shame.

Still believe it is a good company, but why in the Hell do they treat their employees like crap...No real reason for it...except GREED on the highest levels...That is where there weakest link is, decision making by clueless people living in the Corporate Fish Bowl...

Post note: I Just hit 5,000 remarks...:martinismiley:
It’s ridiculous that even getting paid correctly has to be a fight. Then by the time it’s corrected it’s too late, the person is late on their bills and they’re on the street or their credit gets screwed due to it. Seen this happen way too many times. Everything is just getting too expensive and with the way the company is ran it’s not a mystery why many go towards greener pastures when they get paid more or less and deal with less nonsense from a vindictive company.

alwaysoverallowed

Am I mis-remembering something because, I thought Sean gave UPS the deadline of July 5th at 8 am because he wanted the contract ratified by August 1st. Now he’s saying tentative agreement. Was it always a tentative agreement by August 1st, and I’m wrong, or is he starting to back pedal?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Am I mis-remembering something because, I thought Sean gave UPS the deadline of July 5th at 8 am because he wanted the contract ratified by August 1st. Now he’s saying tentative agreement. Was it always a tentative agreement by August 1st, and I’m wrong, or is he starting to back pedal?
He had to take a hard stance and they are calling his bluff. You can’t call a strike before the current contract expires so he can’t do it July 5th. I also don’t see him doing it if we have a tentative going to vote by July 31st but technically he could.

9.5mania

He did say that, but there was an unspoken truth everyone knew.

clarnzz

They're the same ones that have almost nothing in their 401K plan
And they probably took advantage during the past decade of refinancing their house many times
I suppose some people just want to live their best life now and as long as they can afford to make their monthly debt payments everything is good. They will probably end up slugging around packages until they are 65, but I want to stop doing this and live a comfortable life after the first chance I get.

ManInBrown

He really has no other choice. What are they gonna say, don’t come to the table UPS, as of 8-1 we are on the street. Yes it is a slight back pedal but he already back pedaled once. Said the National negotiations wouldn’t begin until every supplement wrapped up, then when two were hanging he said the two locals told him to begin National negotiations.

Thebrownblob

You know between the anger of members and the rule changes in IBT, as it pertains to contracts passing, these contract negotiations could go on in perpetuity.
Just so you’re aware, we did get rid of the 2/3 rule and that’s great. But if you want to search through our constitution, you will see there’s a line at the end of that that says the teamster president can settle any dispute and his decision is final. I’m not suggesting he will, but I’m saying he can.