UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

ManInBrown

They're the same ones that have almost nothing in their 401K plan
And they probably took advantage during the past decade of refinancing their house many times
Yup. I know a 35 year driver in his early 70s who never put one penny in the 401k. I couldn’t imagine walking away from this job with no 401k. Doesn’t matter we have a pension and you get SS. If you have all three you’re rolling. You will probably never have to worry about money for the rest of your life. If everything goes according to plan I should have $400K+ in my Roth. I wish it was more but I dipped into it during Covid when they allowed penalty free withdrawals.

clarnzz

Yup. I know a 35 year driver in his early 70s who never put one penny in the 401k. I couldn’t imagine walking away from this job with no 401k. Doesn’t matter we have a pension and you get SS. If you have all three you’re rolling. You will probably never have to worry about money for the rest of your life. If everything goes according to plan I should have $400K+ in my Roth. I wish it was more but I dipped into it during Covid when they allowed penalty free withdrawals.
And there are also drivers who lived within their means, retired in their mid 50s with 0 debt and don’t even have to touch their 401k until they want to and are able to live comfortably just off their pension. I’d much rather be one of those guys.

alwaysoverallowed

Just so you’re aware, we did get rid of the 2/3 rule and that’s great. But if you want to search through our constitution, you will see there’s a line at the end of that that says the teamster president can settle any dispute and his decision is final. I’m not suggesting he will, but I’m saying he can.
I’m aware but I don’t think he’ll do that for two reasons. One, he’ll have a hard time getting reelected if he does that and two, other companies, i.e. Amazon, will use it against the Union when they try and unionize employees at other companies.

clarnzz

I’m a little let down there will be no strike though after spending the last few years preparing for it. While it will be nice to not have to tap into savings, the devil in me did kinda want to see my co workers squirm.

Thebrownblob

I’m aware but I don’t think he’ll do that for two reasons. One, he’ll have a hard time getting reelected if he does that and two, other companies, i.e. Amazon, will use it against the Union when they try and unionize employees at other companies.
It sounds like the national is going to be a pretty good lock if we can finally get the agreement, but I’m hearing quite a bit of grumbling about supplements.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
One thing I keep finding funny that he says in every interview is when they all bring up the $93,000 a year for drivers he says that’s 60-65 hours a week. Stop. $93,000 a year is 44 hours per week. 60 hours is $145,000. Just in the name of transparency. That’s information that could easily be found out by anyone. He isn’t being truthful. He’s been great with everything else.
With all due respect, that's for a full scale driver. But when referring to the hours worked you're quoting, that's most likely a low seniority driver, on a :censored2: route being forced in on Saturday.
I believe if you look at the spread of drivers after COVID, his salary is probably an average and a good representation.

I suppose some people just want to live their best life now and as long as they can afford to make their monthly debt payments everything is good. They will probably end up slugging around packages until they are 65, but I want to stop doing this and live a comfortable life after the first chance I get.
We work hard you have to live a little bit for today but you also have to remember you don't want to do this job forever so you want to have some money so you can live later on

Too much YOLO going on

alwaysoverallowed

It sounds like the national is going to be a pretty good lock if we can finally get the agreement, but I’m hearing quite a bit of grumbling about supplements.
Oof. I believe that, I was talking with my BA and he told me of one of the changes and we were both uneasy about it because the company is going to abuse it.

Sometimes we have to make difficult choices but at least you have that money saved where you had that option
Too many people in America don't even have $500 in an emergency fund

clarnzz

With all due respect, that's for a full scale driver. But when referring to the hours worked you're quoting, that's most likely a low seniority driver, on a :censored2: route being forced in on Saturday.
I believe if you look at the spread of drivers after COVID, his salary is probably an average and a good representation.
It’s also skewed by the Covid boom when they were giving anyone willing to do it a full time job. A lot of us know a different UPS than these young bucks already at full scale in their 20s and getting a full time job and starting progression before you were 30 was almost unheard of even if you started when you were 18.

Too many people are financially illiterate, and just poor planners. Gotta stay ready so you don’t gotta get ready.
Even if you are not financial savvy.
Just a few basic rules for help you make it through life.
Rule number one spend less than you make
Roll number two stay out of debt, especially credit card debt
Rule number three have an emergency fund
Roll number four save for tomorrow

Every time you get a raise turn up your 401k a little bit.
Trust me you'll add up over the years

PT Car Washer

What about the healthcare that UPS pays over 20 grand a year in for the part-timers?
What about a pension for part-timers

What are the part-time jobs offer that?

What about part timers stealing full-time jobs?
That's not the right thing to do
You don't receive healthcare? You don't receive a pension? How many FT jobs offer that? What about full timers stealing PT jobs? LOL