UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Sounds like yes, but I’m hearing a lot of unhappiness about some of the agreements that have leaked out especially in the south.
Our supplement has always been ass when compared to the rest of the country. Makes we wonder the sanity of our rank and file.

pkgdriver

And there are also drivers who lived within their means, retired in their mid 50s with 0 debt and don’t even have to touch their 401k until they want to and are able to live comfortably just off their pension. I’d much rather be one of those guys.
9638F673-A5AD-4B3B-86C4-F4318CE67F2E.gif

Frontflip

Tried searching and did not see it mentioned.

Did anyone see the 8 hour list in that PDF? Looks to be like the current 9.5 list but you can sign a list to prevent all overtime. Also read if you aren't going to make an 8 hour request, 8 hour list, or 9.5 list, you can drive back to the building without discipline.
This stuff sounds like it would never pass but honestly a dream contract to give people these options. Even if you people like the OT - being forced to work 10 hours a day is unnecessary.

Did anyone see the 8 hour list in that PDF? Looks to be like the current 9.5 list but you can sign a list to prevent all overtime. Also read if you aren't going to make an 8 hour request, 8 hour list, or 9.5 list, you can drive back to the building without discipline.
This stuff sounds like it would never pass but honestly a dream contract to give people these options. Even if you people like the OT - being forced to work 10 hours a day is unnecessary.
Gotdamnit, stop referencing the :censored2:ing pdf. It's not real, it's TDU propaganda from last year.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

We will just have to wait and see the TA if and when it's available

BeachBoy

OK...we should agree that PT will get some raise. Will it be equal to FT. I don't know. Can a National Guard soldier get the same benefits as Active Duty in the Army? Nope. PT is considered a different system.

PT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as FT.
Answer: Become FT

FT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Manager.
Answer: Get a college degree and apply for Manager job.

Manager: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Elon Musk.
Elon Musk: Start a successful business, you dummies!
Yeah, we part timers deserve to be paid less, because we work part time. In '21 I worked. 2400 hours, last year I worked over 2100. This year, I've already surpassed 1000 hours. I am working full time hours, but only receive a part time pension and part time pay.
Why? Because after 6 years, I still don't have seniority to get a full time slot, despite doing as much or more work than many full time hub workers.
A fair days wages for a fair days work.

dogs.bite.me

One thing I keep finding funny that he says in every interview is when they all bring up the $93,000 a year for drivers he says that’s 60-65 hours a week. Stop. $93,000 a year is 44 hours per week. 60 hours is $145,000. Just in the name of transparency. That’s information that could easily be found out by anyone. He isn’t being truthful. He’s been great with everything else.
How about a year 2 driver making $23/hr?

SpicyItalian739

Yeah, we part timers deserve to be paid less, because we work part time. In '21 I worked. 2400 hours, last year I worked over 2100. This year, I've already surpassed 1000 hours. I am working full time hours, but only receive a part time pension and part time pay.
Why? Because after 6 years, I still don't have seniority to get a full time slot, despite doing as much or more work than many full time hub workers.
A fair days wages for a fair days work.
All I read on these threads anymore from drivers talking about PT wages is “2-tiered wages for thee, but not for me!”