UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Why should a part-timers get the same healthcare as I do when they work less than half the hours?

So the company is paying them more per hour for their benefits and they are for mine.

Nobody ever says anything about that

I believe that with Team Care the company is contributing more for the full timers healthcare package than the part timers. Last I read it stands at approximately 500 a week, part timers were around 350. Roughly the negotiated increases per week run above 30 dollars more every year.

It would be similar to vacation pay (full timers are based off straight pay 40 + hours a week, part timers are currently at 20).

Could be wrong on those totals…

Disability insurance, temporary and the the such that is the big difference, the percentage is based on your status.

SpicyItalian739

Really part timers should have a separate contract from full timers, solve a lot of problems
Perhaps it seems that way at a topical level, but the strength of a union is in its numbers and its unity. The company has already divided us on the latter, so why let them further divide us on the former?

I believe that with Team Care the company is contributing more for the full timers healthcare package than the part timers. Last I read it stands at approximately 500 a week, part timers were around 350. Roughly the negotiated increases per week run above 30 dollars more every year.

It would be similar to vacation pay (full timers are based off straight pay 40 + hours a week, part timers are currently at 20).

Could be wrong on those totals…

Disability insurance, temporary and the the such that is the big difference, the percentage is based on your status.
The same healthcare benefits with a whole lot less hours worked

ManInBrown

How many drivers you think make $110k?
Feeders I would guess right around 50%. $100k at least 75% of drivers at top rate. Package less than 5%. i did package anyone making $110k a year apart from a satellite route in the west where you drive 100s of miles daily with very few stops, you would be in a wheelchair. You could also be top driver in the center and come in for early AM. That’s about the only two scenarios where someone could clear $110k year after year and not be a cripple.

That sounds like something I would read on UPSERS.com.
I'm discovering the flip side of the argument.
You don't have to agree with me I really don't care

Yes I agree the part-timers should make more money that goes without saying
But if you want full-time money then go bid a full-time job.

Generation snowflake God help you UPS in another decade cuz that's all they're going to have left to do this job

9.5mania

Generation snowflake God help you UPS in another decade cuz that's all they're going to have left to do this job
This won’t be an only UPS problem, whole culture is entitled and needs constant affirmation. It’s the social media paradox, they are so used to instant likes that it has transformed itself into their very existence and wellbeing, needing instant gratification to survive and feel loved. Whole damn world is medicated on anti depressants. Sad state we find ourselves in.

This won’t be an only UPS problem, whole culture is entitled and needs constant affirmation. It’s the social media paradox, they are so used to instant likes that it has transformed itself into their very existence and wellbeing, needing instant gratification to survive and feel loved. Whole damn world is medicated on anti depressants. Sad state we find ourselves in.
Yes it's a very different society today.
Always work because I was used to eating and want to have a little money in my pocket

Crosscutters

Bingo. The left does things for appearance. By no means am I saying the right is union friendly, they aren’t. But all the left does is grandstand. AOC played a huge role in shutting down the rail strike, and then she shows up with the 804 in Queens yesterday. GTFOH. They’re vile. They knew student loan forgiveness would never happen. They do things for appearances and votes. Reparations never had a chance in hell. They knew it. Both sides the left and right do nothing for the people. They are all corrupt and owned By the people that got them where they are.
They do things to make the right vote and or push against it to show their true colors. I’m not for college bailouts but if the right can give corporations 2 trillion
Why should a part-timers get the same healthcare as I do when they work less than half the hours?

So the company is paying them more per hour for their benefits and they are for mine.

Nobody ever says anything about that
partimers here also pay 2.5 hours in union dues a month while working 17.5 hours while drivers pay in 2.5 hours in dues while working over 40.