UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Man, I get what you’re saying, but it’s weird to me you focusing so much on trying to take away from blue collar workers because you think they’re getting too much. They’re barely getting a paycheck, and you’re upset they get health insurance

You still get amazing health insurance, it really couldn’t be any better, it’s not affecting your position in any way, so why does it bother you that they get it also? That’s just greed
You're way off basis here
You got a punk like that is taking advantage of the system and it's taken away a full time job from a part-timer wants to move up on the ladder

dogs.bite.me

I've been right at $102 to $104k every year since I reached top pay 4 years ago. So far just over $51k this year. Doesn't take much ot per week anymore to make six figures, somewhere between 5 and 6. I rarely take a dead day though.

I'd say 40% of drivers in my center are not at top pay

HarryWarden

Yes I agree the part-timers should make more money that goes without saying
But if you want full-time money then go bid a full-time job.
I 100% agree with you here by the way. But In the sense that you get full time hours. Full time will get minimum double the money because they’re working twice the hours. And they should get first senority at choice of hours or working less. I just think fully progressed warehouse workers should get the same pay rate hourly, whether part time or full time

And I’m talking exclusively about warehouse work. Drivers deserve higher hourly rate because their job has much different responsibilities

HarryWarden

You're way off basis here
You got a punk like that is taking advantage of the system and it's taken away a full time job from a part-timer wants to move up on the ladder
That’s the companies problem though, not his. The ceo makes $20 million a year. They paid $4 billion in stock buy backs in one year. That money could have given every employee $10,000

I believe your an honest, very hard working guy who earns his money 10x over and deserves more. I just think you have your sights on the wrong issue and your work ethic and energy could be used for such better purposes

I’ve said it before, but a rising tide raises all ships. We’re all in this together. Corporate wants us fighting with each other over the crumbs so we’re too distracted to see how much more and more and more they keep taking every year

That’s the companies problem though, not his. The ceo makes $20 million a year. They paid $4 billion in stock buy backs in one year. That money could have given every employee $10,000

I believe your an honest, very hard working guy who earns his money 10x over and deserves more. I just think you have your sights on the wrong issue and your work ethic and energy could be used for such better purposes

I’ve said it before, but a rising tide raises all ships. We’re all in this together. Corporate wants us fighting with each other over the crumbs so we’re too distracted to see how much more and more and more they keep taking every year
Carol made 19 million dollars
They also paid 5.1 billion dollars in dividends plus another three plus billion dollars in stock BuyBacks
I'm not fighting with anybody
The part-time wages need to rise but you're never going to make full-time wages unless you take a full-time job and that's how it is

HarryWarden

I remember the generation before me saying the same thing about us when we started getting power steering.
Every generation has said this about every generation. You can literally go back a 1000 years and there’s writings of the older generation saying how the new generation sucks and their music sucks and they’re rude and lazy and not like how they were when they were kids

anonymous23456

Complaining about stock buyback and all...Do you all own some UPS stocks? You got the dividends that UPS paid out. You want more than that? Start your own business.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Every generation has said this about every generation. You can literally go back a 1000 years and there’s writings of the older generation saying how the new generation sucks and their music sucks and they’re rude and lazy and not like how they were when they were kids
No, you’re all pretty much a bunch of snowflakes.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Yes it seems Republicans have chosen to stay out of it, and Democrats have signaled they're willing to intervene to stop a strike.

It's politically smart for the Republicans to stay out of it, A strike that damages the economy helps their chances in 24.

It's kind of a political nightmare for the dems.

They really can't afford the economy to get even worse yet they also need a labor win after that railroad deal, granted that deal was better for the workers after the administration got involved but the image of stopping a strike was damaging to the dems image as the party of labor. They really can't afford to do that again and the tools are not as strong for them to step on this potential strike, however, behind the scenes I am sure the administration will be leaning on both sides to make a deal

Last edited:

Ptrunner

Someone replied about part timers not staying their 3.5 half, the amount of 22.3 in our building that leave before their 8 or not even get their 3.5 on both shifts.

We have to get this right if we are a union. We can’t have new hires get 22 dollars an hour and 200 attendance bonus to make more then a 22 year part timer.

MRA should get added to full time. At my building they are just about hiring 22.3 off street and drivers 3-6 months.

I think the language floating around 20 dollar base pay and .75 cents for each year is great.

HarryWarden

It's politically smart for the Republicans to stay out of it, A strike that damages the economy helps their chances in 24.

It's kind of a political nightmare for the dems.

They really can't afford the economy to get even worse yet they also need a labor win after that railroad deal, granted that deal was better for the workers after the administration got involved but the image of stopping a strike was damaging to the dems image as the party of labor. They really can't afford to do that again and the tools are not as strong for them to step on this potential strike, however, behind the scenes I am sure the administration will be leaning on both sides to make a deal
It sucks that often politics is just doing what’s best for your team and not your country

dudebro

Complaining about stock buyback and all...Do you all own some UPS stocks? You got the dividends that UPS paid out. You want more than that? Start your own business.
I'm good with the dividends. You have to return cash to investors somehow or your stock isn't worth anything, and I'm a shareholder too.

But as much as I try to find compelling arguments for it, I can't get behind the share buybacks vs. rewarding our people. When I started here it was part of UPS culture for the company to provide for its people. I've been proud of what our mgmt made and I've been proud of what our hourly workforce made too.

Now the balance is too far in favor of Wall St. Yes, you increase all the "per share" metrics like earnings per share by reducing the number of shares, but this is just math...just because those metrics improve, all of Wall St. knows we didn't increase earnings. We just cut down the number of shares outstanding. Cut shares vs reward our people? I can't get behind that. Our Teamsters did that work.

Share dilution is sometimes given as another reason for buybacks, but this is hardly a factor when "insiders" own 0.07% of the stock.

I hope the two sides agree on a fair reward for the Teamsters before the end of the month.

I'm good with the dividends. You have to return cash to investors somehow or your stock isn't worth anything, and I'm a shareholder too.

But as much as I try to find compelling arguments for it, I can't get behind the share buybacks vs. rewarding our people. When I started here it was part of UPS culture for the company to provide for its people. I've been proud of what our mgmt made and I've been proud of what our hourly workforce made too.

Now the balance is too far in favor of Wall St. Yes, you increase all the "per share" metrics like earnings per share by reducing the number of shares, but this is just math...just because those metrics improve, all of Wall St. knows we didn't increase earnings. We just cut down the number of shares outstanding. Cut shares vs reward our people? I can't get behind that. Our Teamsters did that work.

Share dilution is sometimes given as another reason for buybacks, but this is hardly a factor when "insiders" own 0.07% of the stock.

I hope the two sides agree on a fair reward for the Teamsters before the end of the month.
The company should have used some of that dividend money to pay debt down instead of issue new 50-year debt

HarryWarden

Y

The way I look at it, when you have both Trump and Bernie Sanders agreeing that stock buy backs are not good, they’re probably not good lol