UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Idk, we have all of them laid off. Unless covid 2024 pops up and the money printer turns back on, I don’t see them coming back

We have probably 60 22.4’s in my building. In the south after 2 or 3 weeks laid off, you go to hub pay (no clue what it is now)
I also think you're going to have a lot of retirements coming up within the next year.

Faceplanted

No forced 6th should help a lot of them, but it's going to cause some short term pain for sure.
Anybody who told them to piss off with the 6 day punch, pointing to the “work week is 5 consecutive days” language in the south had nothing happen to them when refusing a 6th punch.

Extra work is not meant to be every weekend. That is a scheduling/staffing issue.

Anybody who told them to piss off with the 6 day punch, pointing to the “work week is 5 consecutive days” language in the south had nothing happen to them when refusing a 6th punch.

Extra work is not meant to be every weekend. That is a scheduling/staffing issue.
Okay, wtf does that have to do with it?

Faceplanted

Okay, wtf does that have to do with it?
In the south, and in my building… those will balls pointed to the southern language “the work week shall be 5 consecutive days”

When told it was forced bottom up, they/the BA argued that an event happening every single week is not something extraordinary and should be staffed properly. They filed on the staffing language as well as the 5 consecutive day language and no discipline ever stuck in my building for those refusing a 6th punch.

In the south, and in my building… those will balls pointed to the southern language “the work week shall be 5 consecutive days”

When told it was forced bottom up, they/the BA argued that an event happening every single week is not something extraordinary and should be staffed properly. They filed on the staffing language as well as the 5 consecutive day language and no discipline ever stuck in my building for those refusing a 6th punch.
We have the same language here, so what? I'm saying that since no one can be forced a 6th day, many of those laid off drivers that get a punch on Saturday will have to be put into the fold. That's what you were initially talking about, no?

Fat feeder guys who don’t like their wives, or are lonely/divorced, and gossip all day on homosexual group calls wirh the rest of their FNN buddies aren’t going anywhere in my building.
I don't know what to tell you

Maybe if we get a pension increase in this contract maybe it will incentivize more people to leave

Faceplanted

We have the same language here, so what? I'm saying that since no one can be forced a 6th day, many of those laid off drivers that get a punch on Saturday will have to be put into the fold. That's what you were initially talking about, no?
Our ba forced ups to staff sat operations with 22.4 drivers as the contract stated. 22.4 drivers in my building have been working tue-fri in the building, and then getting their driver punch on sat

Without that driver punch on sat, ups in my area’s position was that layoff language would hit, and after x amount of days without a driver punch, they bump down from their 22.4 rate of $3x hr to what their hub rate would be.

Years ago when we had lay offs after 2008, full time drivers go sent back to the hub. After a couple weeks of not driving their pay dropped from 28-30 or whatever full time driver pay was, to 20-22hr or so which was most of their hub rates

Our ba forced ups to staff sat operations with 22.4 drivers as the contract stated. 22.4 drivers in my building have been working tue-fri in the building, and then getting their driver punch on sat

Without that driver punch on sat, ups in my area’s position was that layoff language would hit, and after x amount of days without a driver punch, they bump down from their 22.4 rate of $3x hr to what their hub rate would be.

Years ago when we had lay offs after 2008, full time drivers go sent back to the hub. After a couple weeks of not driving their pay dropped from 28-30 or whatever full time driver pay was, to 22hr or so which was most of their hub rates
Okay, that's how layoffs work. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Many of what are now 22.4s will be working as package car drivers because there will still be Tu-Sa schedules, 9.5 should have more teeth, and volume will most likely increase. Some of them will be laid off, yes, and that sucks.