UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Every national contract negotiated by the current administration since taking office a little over a year ago, Even Carhaul, has had big wins for the Teamsters and labor. The new administration is setting the pace.
Honestly getting rid of that 22.4 language is huge, I didn't know that was actually going to happen or not.

Plus no more forced sixth punches

Unfortunately too many people are just going to look at the dollar a month at this contract and not all the other fantastic language we have gotten so far

Thebrownblob

Honestly getting rid of that 22.4 language is huge, I didn't know that was actually going to happen or not.

Unfortunately too many people are just going to look at the dollar a month at this contract and not all the other fantastic language we have gotten so far
Management at the center level wanted 22.4 gone. I wasn’t sure corporate felt the same way. Getting rid of that article really puts an end to the need to force people. There will be people scheduled five consecutive days. This was a smart move by both sides.

Management at the center level wanted 22.4 gone. I wasn’t sure corporate felt the same way. Getting rid of that article really puts an end to the need to force people. There will be people scheduled five consecutive days. This was a smart move by both sides.
The company can't beat up generation snowflake like a beat up on us. They will just quit.
Even though this job really does suck sometimes a lot of these younger guys do not realize what they have.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Management at the center level wanted them gone because corporate homos only care about hitting stops per car and left center level management handcuffed on what to actually do with these guys.

9.5mania

I didn’t have a problem with it. I think it was fine. He’s projecting power. Hoffa said similar things every contractual season and didn’t get half of the things done Sean has so far. Sean has a lot of ambition to organize new industries. This is an important year and important contract to project that kind of ability to negotiate so that potential new bargaining unit employees see that.
100% correct, it was an elevator pitch to Amazon more than sharing info about whats going on. I imagine getting Amazon to join is probably the number one priority of this administration.

9.5mania

I’m gonna need some help with this. I don’t understand why removing 22.4 language stops the need to force people on a sixth punch. It seems to me UPS will have the same problems they’ve always had with staffing on Saturday. If you’re suggesting that removing this language puts an end to Saturday/Sunday deliveries I do not believe that. I judge the union and company are only removing language that created the pay discrepancies, weekend deliveries will stay.

I understand my building is small, 40 RPCD’s and 22.4’s total, so our issues are not representative of the larger company as a whole. Y’all’s help would be appreciated.

9.5mania

I’m gonna need some help with this. I don’t understand why removing 22.4 language stops the need to force people on a sixth punch. It seems to me UPS will have the same problems they’ve always had with staffing on Saturday. If you’re suggesting that removing this language puts an end to Saturday/Sunday deliveries I do not believe that. I judge the union and company are only removing language that created the pay discrepancies, weekend deliveries will stay.

I understand my building is small, 40 RPCD’s and 22.4’s total, so our issues are not representative of the larger company as a whole. Y’all’s help would be appreciated.
I think I got it now. At other buildings, there are more Saturday routes than 22.4’s. Since everyone is the same, you just have to move more drivers to T-S shift. Lower seniority RPCD’s will be pissed now changing shifts.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
When we get our good contract it'll be a lot easier to sell the teamsters to new members.
1688388012322.gif

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid

Unfortunately some of the language we had to pull back because of your buddy Denis…stuff that should never have gone into effect happen on his watch.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Management at the center level wanted them gone because corporate homos only care about hitting stops per car and left center level management handcuffed on what to actually do with these guys.

100% correct, it was an elevator pitch to Amazon more than sharing info about whats going on. I imagine getting Amazon to join is probably the number one priority of this administration.

UPS should be smart enough to just realize that it is not the time to force a strike or test O'Brien. They should settle and offer us at least a good contract with no further concessionary language, it will give Carol the signal to start eliminating the redundant management positions already on her radar, still a lot of fat to cut. We all know who has been feeding fat off the Hog as far as Salaries, MIP and private Stock, Fat Pension Contributions and perks since it went public back in the mid nineties when their stock was valued at 30 dollars a share.

Even if the Company agrees to ever thing on our wish list they can easily absorb their additional operating costs by raising their standard annual shipping charges (5 to 6 %) and surcharges associated with irregulars and packages over 50/70 pounds.
They will be saving at least 1.5 billion a year by eliminating further funding into their own management pension funds.

Just from the publicity of good will by offering a decent contract will make their shareholders, it will probably be a 5 year contract..the company will not go bankrupt or go into the red when the next one comes up. The teamsters have already stated that they will be using this UPS Contract as a high standard to go after those non-union carriers like Amazon or even Fed Ex ground, already seeing a lot of jealousy from our Fed Ex posters who will be making peanuts compared to their Union Counterparts. O'Brien is going after those people and force their overlords to pay a decent wage and benefits, this will help UPS to have a better playing field in the future.