UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

according to Sean we have not given any givebacks
he's quite the bridge-seller isn't he

346346.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Quite a few higher seniority guys will pick Tuesday through Saturday simply because it’s a lot more relaxed Saturday less supervision, and some of the routes are cut on Monday. Like I said, this is a great solution, and is a win for both sides. Effectively killing two birds with one stone 22.4 gone, and the need to force almost eradicated because of it. Might need volunteers for coverage from time to time.
Mondays totally suck with the route cuts, but not enough for me to volunteer for a Saturday schedule.
We have 3 RPCDs that were hired before the last ratification that fall under the current Art 22. I wonder what will happen there, and will the blanket 9.5 protection in Art22 remain?
I'm excited to read the new language. Here's hoping for a whole lot less gray area.

9.5mania

I agree, but he didn't promise great language and mediocre raises.
You are right, the problem is trying to define our terms on what a great raise is. Some would say $6-$8 dollars over 5yrs for RPCD is a great raise while others won’t accept anything under $10. We’ll just have to see in a few days. I have a suspicion we will be quibbling over a couple of dollars in the end.

Undertow

There is a lot of business you can do with a weekday off compared to a weekend.
Definitely true and not every driver's life outside the company is the same. Any guy stuck with a UPS Store pickup on Monday regardless of whether a preliminary or cleanup might consider choosing Saturday in part with that in mind.

The pickups in my center are so heavy on Mondays that it's by far the most demanding day of the week.

You are right, the problem is trying to define our terms on what a great raise is. Some would say $6-$8 dollars over 5yrs for RPCD is a great raise while others won’t accept anything under $10. We’ll just have to see in a few days. I have a suspicion we will be quibbling over a couple of dollars in the end.
I think the $10+ screamers are definitely a small minority, just loud. I don't know anyone personally who would turn down $6-$8, and I'd venture to say most would take less.