UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Thebrownblob

I’m gonna need some help with this. I don’t understand why removing 22.4 language stops the need to force people on a sixth punch. It seems to me UPS will have the same problems they’ve always had with staffing on Saturday. If you’re suggesting that removing this language puts an end to Saturday/Sunday deliveries I do not believe that. I judge the union and company are only removing language that created the pay discrepancies, weekend deliveries will stay.

I understand my building is small, 40 RPCD’s and 22.4’s total, so our issues are not representative of the larger company as a whole. Y’all’s help would be appreciated.
Nope Saturday deliveries will continue with regular drivers scheduled Saturday. Currently many buildings are running Saturdays With only half the routes filled with 22.4. They have to make up for that by asking for volunteers which they don’t get enough of, and then forcing. Now, everyone will have a scheduled five days instead of having 15 extra people on Monday with nothing to do. There will still be a need from time to time for coverage on Saturdays but nothing like now.

Thebrownblob

When it comes to this, seniority means nothing. Only your performance ranking counts...
What are you talking about? Tuesday through Saturday will be offered from the top and forced from the bottom. I know of more than a few higher seniority drivers who do not mind working Saturday and having Monday off so you will be surprised How many may actually pick a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.

9.5mania

Nope Saturday deliveries will continue with regular drivers scheduled Saturday. Currently many buildings are running Saturdays With only half the routes filled with 22.4. They have to make up for that by asking for volunteers which they don’t get enough of, and then forcing. Now, everyone will have a scheduled five days instead of having 15 extra people on Monday with nothing to do. There will still be a need from time to time for coverage on Saturdays but nothing like now.
Yup, that seems like the only solution.

Thebrownblob

I think I got it now. At other buildings, there are more Saturday routes than 22.4’s. Since everyone is the same, you just have to move more drivers to T-S shift. Lower seniority RPCD’s will be pissed now changing shifts.
They might be pissed, but that’s how seniority works and they will have a guaranteed five day work week no forcing. It’s exactly what we asked for.

oldupsman

What are you talking about? Tuesday through Saturday will be offered from the top and forced from the bottom. I know of more than a few higher seniority drivers who do not mind working Saturday and having Monday off so you will be surprised How many may actually pick a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
I would absolutley do the Tues. through Sat. gig if I was at the top of the list.

Thebrownblob

I would absolutley do the Tues. through Sat. gig if I was at the top of the list.
Quite a few higher seniority guys will pick Tuesday through Saturday simply because it’s a lot more relaxed Saturday less supervision, and some of the routes are cut on Monday. Like I said, this is a great solution, and is a win for both sides. Effectively killing two birds with one stone 22.4 gone, and the need to force almost eradicated because of it. Might need volunteers for coverage from time to time.

ManInBrown

I’m gonna need some help with this. I don’t understand why removing 22.4 language stops the need to force people on a sixth punch. It seems to me UPS will have the same problems they’ve always had with staffing on Saturday. If you’re suggesting that removing this language puts an end to Saturday/Sunday deliveries I do not believe that. I judge the union and company are only removing language that created the pay discrepancies, weekend deliveries will stay.

I understand my building is small, 40 RPCD’s and 22.4’s total, so our issues are not representative of the larger company as a whole. Y’all’s help would be appreciated.
Who cares. Don’t worry about it, it’s not your problem. No more forced sixth punch if true, end of story.

Honestly getting rid of that 22.4 language is huge, I didn't know that was actually going to happen or not.

Plus no more forced sixth punches

Unfortunately too many people are just going to look at the dollar a month at this contract and not all the other fantastic language we have gotten so far
That's partly Sean's doing. He made a lot of promises and put it all out there. He's either lucky or smart, things just happen to be to our advantage or he knows the room better than they do. Either way, people have a tendency to look at the money, but he promised the moon.

That's partly Sean's doing. He made a lot of promises and put it all out there. He's either lucky or smart, things just happen to be to our advantage or he knows the room better than they do. Either way, people have a tendency to look at the money, but he promised the moon.
Just my opinion the languages gotten so far is worth a lot of money
But unfortunately many of the top right drivers will see that the part-timers get a big increase and it will expect the same wage increases

When it comes to this, seniority means nothing. Only your performance ranking counts...
Edwin Hubble, namesake of the Hubble Telescope, had three pet dolphins as a child, one of them leaped from the water and slapped its tail against his head as it went by, causing young Hubble to "see stars." It was this moment that inspired the boy to study astronomy.

I can make :censored2: up too.

he's neither, the company wanted 22.4 language gone, it was an EZ give