UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

HarryWarden

I don’t think so, lol. So what is the incentive for going full time? For working longer hours, missing family functions? You are a part timer, who gets full benefits, what are you complaining about? It’s not a career. Eventually you will make so much, it wouldn’t make sense to go full time, making full timers look like fools for going full time. But you’ll get your way because the Nixon needs your vote.
The incentive for going full time is getting double the hours. You think if they made part time pay for loaders the same as full time loaders, all the full timers would quit and go to part time and have their paycheck cut in half?

I don’t think so, lol. So what is the incentive for going full time? For working longer hours, missing family functions? You are a part timer, who gets full benefits, what are you complaining about? It’s not a career. Eventually you will make so much, it wouldn’t make sense to go full time, making full timers look like fools for going full time. But you’ll get your way because the Nixon needs your vote.
UPS didn't seem to have any trouble filling FT jobs years ago when FT and PT wages were similar. In fact UPS had less trouble and could pick and choose who they wanted to qualify.

You’re the one saying 2 long term employees doing the exact same job should have different hourly rates. If you’re doing the same job, and have been working the same amount of years, and you want more money… then work more hours… pretty simple
Are you saying you should work part-time and be able to support yourself for the rest of your life?
Time to grow up and move out of mommy's basement

HarryWarden

Are you saying you should work part-time and be able to support yourself for the rest of your life?
Time to grow up and move out of mommy's basement
I’m saying I should get paid the same hourly pay as the full timer next to me loading the same exact packages as I am. Don’t be so damn worried about how I’m supporting myself after that.

We’re both doing the same job, we’re both long time employees, we should get the same hourly rate. If I want to support myself the rest of my life with this job, then I will go full time and double my hours and hence double my paycheck

Get off @BadIdeaGuy’s tip
iSKSQoRNzzNsY.gif

Thebrownblob

I’m saying I should get paid the same hourly pay as the full timer next to me loading the same exact packages as I am. Don’t be so damn worried about how I’m supporting myself after that.

We’re both doing the same job, we’re both long time employees, we should get the same hourly rate. If I want to support myself the rest of my life with this job, then I will go full time and double my hours and hence double my paycheck
It’s not on the table at this time, so it’s really not worth arguing about.