UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Brownwind

I’m saying I should get paid the same hourly pay as the full timer next to me loading the same exact packages as I am. Don’t be so damn worried about how I’m supporting myself after that.

We’re both doing the same job, we’re both long time employees, we should get the same hourly rate. If I want to support myself the rest of my life with this job, then I will go full time and double my hours and hence double my paycheck
Don’t want to get you more upset but when I go into load with the other drivers filling in on preload we get overtime for the time we are on that shift. It’s really a good payday making so much overtime.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Don’t want to get you more upset but when I go into load with the other drivers filling in on preload we get overtime for the time we are on that shift. It’s really a good payday making so much overtime.

36c76119-c32d-439e-ad14-a5dc099b7ccb_text.gif

Crosscutters

Im not saying that part timers should have a living wage. But why shouldn’t they make damn near the hourly rate that full timers make? One works 40-45-50 hours. The other works 20 or so. If we’re equal brothers why not. Also, when you think about it part timers pay a lot higher % of their income to union dues than full timers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Im not saying that part timers should have a living wage. But why shouldn’t they make damn near the hourly rate that full timers make? One works 40-45-50 hours. The other works 20 or so. If we’re equal brothers why not. Also, when you think about it part timers pay a lot higher % of their income to union dues than full timers.
The additional responsibilities of driving are worth quite a lot.

Thebrownblob

Why are you so sure of that? And are you saying you personally believe a long term part time loader should not get the same hourly rate for doing the exact same job as a full time loader? And if so, please explain your belief
I think you need to calm yourself down, I said nothing of the sort. I simply stated that’s not on the table at this time. Could it be down the road? Maybe I don’t know my opinion is we are all worth everything we can get.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I don’t think there is a member here that doesn’t think you guys need/deserve a raise. But you guys are like crackheads holding a lottery ticket waiting for the numbers to drop. Y’all got yourselves so fired up to believe you were going to get THIS company to just hand over a $10+ raise. And apparently you shot further than that and want $41 like the drivers. If you think your responsibilities are even in the same stratosphere as mine, you’ve lost your mind and every driver here has done your job for years or even decades to get where they are. I’m with @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U I’m done arguing tonight. Y’all done lost your damn minds.

Non liberal

For the first 4 hours it is…

Do you also believe a driver who signs a 9.5 list should have a lower hourly pay for the first 8 hours driving than the other driver who doesn’t sign the list?

The other driving is working more hours and making a bigger sacrifice as you say, why should they have the same hourly pay for doing the same job?
No it isn’t, usually full timer have more responsibilities then PT. At least for the first few years of employment. Second, I don’t know for sure, but I think it would be pretty safe to say that PT getting FT benefits, including pension was probably instead of FT wages. So are you saying that a senior PT should make the same amount of money as a FT and be able to double shift every day except for Friday and walk out 4 hrs before the full timer? And make the same amount of money as him. Just double shift whenever they feel like it, except for the times they don’t, and they get to home whenever, make FT money, see their family, and have full bennies including pension?? Your out of your mind!

HarryWarden

Exactly. People are acting like we’re saying a guy doing the same job at 4 hours should have the same paycheck as the guy doing 8 hours… no, the 8 hour guy will make twice as much because he worked twice as many hours, but they SHOULD get paid the same rate for doing the same work

Crosscutters

I don’t think there is a member here that doesn’t think you guys need/deserve a raise. But you guys are like crackheads holding a lottery ticket waiting for the numbers to drop. Y’all got yourselves so fired up to believe you were going to get THIS company to just hand over a $10+ raise. And apparently you shot further than that and want $41 like the drivers. If you think your responsibilities are even in the same stratosphere as mine, you’ve lost your mind and every driver here has done your job for years or even decades to get where they are. I’m with @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U I’m done arguing tonight. Y’all done lost your damn minds.
I’m not fired up. Not at all. I’m not even saying $10 is right.

Crosscutters

I always question why drivers can bid routes but part timers can’t bid positions. Or drivers can go by seniority for work week schedule and part timers do not.

Non liberal

Because they have the same benefits as FT. Eventually with enough seniority they make as full time and not have to commit to being there as long as a full timer. The FT doesn’t have that choice.

Non liberal

Exactly. People are acting like we’re saying a guy doing the same job at 4 hours should have the same paycheck as the guy doing 8 hours… no, the 8 hour guy will make twice as much because he worked twice as many hours, but they SHOULD get paid the same rate for doing the same work
But you have the option of double shifting and making the same as a full timer. The full timer doesn’t have the option of going home early if he wants.

HarryWarden

It’s funny how the people arguing so hard against this have such a hard time with reading comprehension

For the 20th time, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DRIVERS.

I am talking about a 10 year package loader making $18 an hour vs a full time package loader making $35 an hour

Thebrownblob

We can’t know for sure but the most recent update from the union was 100% crying about part time wages which makes me expect that’s where talks fell through.
I believe the union was wanting somewhere between 20 and $22 the company is offering between 17 and 19 starting.