UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Non liberal

I’ve been a loader for ten years and get paid $18 an hour. A full time loader gets $35 an hour. Your math is wrong, and your also assuming the company allows consistent over time to begin with
And that’s exactly the way it should be. The full timer is making a bigger sacrifice than you. If you want his money then sacrifice another 4 hrs of your time. Make sense? Work slower if it makes you feel better.

HarryWarden

And that’s exactly the way it should be. The full timer is making a bigger sacrifice than you. If you want his money then sacrifice another 4 hrs of your time. Make sense? Work slower if it makes you feel better.
Why would I work slower? If I wanted more hours, I would go full time. Equal pay for equal work. He will have a bigger paycheck then me because he is full time and working twice as many hours, that is fair

What is not fair is me loading for 10 years making $18 an hour and a full time loader making $35 an hour doing the same job

It's not another 4 hours. Most times it is 2 to 6 hours or more between double shifting. Not everyone works in a one belt hick building.

Non liberal

Why would I work slower? If I wanted more hours, I would go full time. Equal pay for equal work. He will have a bigger paycheck then me because he is full time and working twice as many hours, that is fair

What is not fair is me loading for 10 years making $18 an hour and a full time loader making $35 an hour doing the same job
It’s not equal work when your working 4hrs less a day!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It actually is, apparently it’s the reason why talks broke down this morning.
We can’t know for sure but the most recent update from the union was 100% crying about part time wages which makes me expect that’s where talks fell through.

HarryWarden

It’s not equal work when your working 4hrs less a day!
For the first 4 hours it is…

Do you also believe a driver who signs a 9.5 list should have a lower hourly pay for the first 8 hours driving than the other driver who doesn’t sign the list?

The other driving is working more hours and making a bigger sacrifice as you say, why should they have the same hourly pay for doing the same job?

Yeet

For the first 4 hours it is…

Do you also believe a driver who signs a 9.5 list should have a lower hourly pay for the first 8 hours driving than the other driver who doesn’t sign the list?

The other driving is working more hours and making a bigger sacrifice as you say, why should they have the same hourly pay for doing the same job?
Same classification. Both are RPCD. You are arguing a PT loader should make the same as a FT loader. Different classification.

Is it right? Probably not. But it is what it is.

HarryWarden

Same classification. Both are RPCD. You are arguing a PT loader should make the same as a FT loader. Different classification.

Is it right? Probably not. But it is what it is.
It is what it is? So we should never discuss anything ever again? Should we have just let 22.4 stay because “it is what it is”?

It didn’t always used to be like this by the way… starting pay for a loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour. When I started loading over 10 years ago, it was still $8.50 an hour

$8.50 in the 80s was much different pay back then and there wasn’t as big of a wage gap

Yeet

It is what it is? So we should never discuss anything ever again? Should we have just let 22.4 stay because “it is what it is”?

It didn’t always used to be like this by the way… starting pay for a loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour. When I started loading over 10 years ago, it was still $8.50 an hour

$8.50 in the 80s was much different pay back then and there wasn’t as big of a wage gap
Man we all went through it. I was inside for 15 years and got screwed on every contract. I didn’t like my paycheck, or the respect I was getting so I changed my situation. We get you’re pissed dude, but don’t think you are the first the only or the last guy to go through this.

HarryWarden

I can assure you paying part-timers the same as 22.3 workers is not on the table. I have no idea where you got that from.
Why are you so sure of that? And are you saying you personally believe a long term part time loader should not get the same hourly rate for doing the exact same job as a full time loader? And if so, please explain your belief