UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

HarryWarden

But you have the option of double shifting and making the same as a full timer. The full timer doesn’t have the option of going home early if he wants.
You don’t have the option, that is up to the company. And even with doubling you’re not making the same as a full time loader. Check your math

No it isn’t, usually full timer have more responsibilities then PT. At least for the first few years of employment. Second, I don’t know for sure, but I think it would be pretty safe to say that PT getting FT benefits, including pension was probably instead of FT wages. So are you saying that a senior PT should make the same amount of money as a FT and be able to double shift every day except for Friday and walk out 4 hrs before the full timer? And make the same amount of money as him. Just double shift whenever they feel like it, except for the times they don’t, and they get to home whenever, make FT money, see their family, and have full bennies including pension?? Your out of your mind!
Originally when UPS wanted PT Union workers, yes the Union said you will pay them Union wages. Not minimum wages.

Non liberal

It’s funny how the people arguing so hard against this have such a hard time with reading comprehension

For the 20th time, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DRIVERS.

I am talking about a 10 year package loader making $18 an hour vs a full time package loader making $35 an hour
But a full time pkg loader makes .10 an hour less then a driver

HarryWarden

It's all about lowering every ones wages. One classification at a time.
Exactly. And I’m realizing by the replies of some of the members here, that a lot of the workers want to help with that.

People would rather bring others down so they’re not at the same level as them, rather then raise everybody up. It’s baffling, and it makes me frustrated and sad

Exactly. And I’m realizing by the replies of some of the members here, that a lot of the workers want to help with that.

People would rather bring others down so they’re not at the same level as them, rather then raise everybody up. It’s baffling, and it makes me frustrated and sad
Makes them feel more entitled. I have dealt with this for 45 years.

Undertow

The incentive for going full time is getting double the hours. You think if they made part time pay for loaders the same as full time loaders, all the full timers would quit and go to part time and have their paycheck cut in half?
I can only speak from my experiences but my hours didn't simply double when moving from part to full time. It ended up being much closer to triple the hours thus a far bigger commitment in time and a young driver, especially if stuck in the 22.4 classification, really can't bank on knowing when approximately his/her workday is done where the part time loader most often does.

It's a whole different world. I've seen part time loaders who were more than adequate in that role falter quickly once exposed to having to be dialed in for more than 10 hours on the clock working for this company. The mental and physical demands are often more than double and not every employee can manage the added demands.