UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Oh boy, this post explains a lot. Look sorry but you live in a merit based world. At least I think it’s still merit based, democrat politicians are blurring that line lately. But you do not “deserve” anything unless you put in the work. And as a part timer you do not work as hard as a full timer, therefore you should not have the right to hold up my paycheck to argue that you “deserve” the same amount of money. You don’t sacrifice anything! Were are the sacrifices that you make? I’m supposed to go on strike and sacrifice my paycheck so u can make the same as me? It’s not the same as you sacrificing your paycheck. Especially since you have the time to go work somewhere else part time if u want. Lol, what a joke.
Here you go bringing politics into everything. I suppose you thing minorities and women should make less because they can't work as hard as white men?

HarryWarden

See you’re full of crap because in 2016, Bernie Sanders was fighting for $15 and the union got $15, now it requires more and the unions is trying to getting more, to the tune of five or six dollars. I love it that a guy who craps on the current contract, is so offended about the people negotiating a contract.
Weren’t you the person who just complained about politics talk?

Undertow

I agree. Does that mean FT Porters who clean the toilets and empty the trash cans need to make $80k/yr.
The full time porters in my building are most always former drivers who had 30 or more years on the road who've accepted a $5 dollar reduction in pay in exchange for the far less physical demands required of delivery drivers and rarely having to go beyond 8 hours. Are you stating they deserve less than a part time loader who didn't put up with 3 decades of balancing the demands from both management and customers?

I'd love to see you state that directly to them face to face.

HarryWarden

Because someone who works 40 hours a week deserves to make more than someone who comes in for 3 hours then goes home to his parents house smokes weed and plays Xbox in his underwear until he has to come back in the next day.
They do make more. How do you not understand that?

A guy who works 40 hours would have double the paycheck of a guy who works 20 hours…

Do you think im saying a guy who works part time should have the same paycheck as a guy who works 40 hours?

This guy has blatantly said he just doesn’t want to. Then spends the next 5 pages crying like a baby that he doesn’t make enough.
I make the same as the FT members I work with and a lot more then the 22.3 does. Most times my weekly pay check is also larger because I work more hours. Equal pay for equal work.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They do make more. How do you not understand that?

A guy who works 40 hours would have double the paycheck of a guy who works 20 hours…

Do you think im saying a guy who works part time should have the same paycheck as a guy who works 40 hours?
I don’t understand? Could you say it one more time?

Because someone who works 40 hours a week deserves to make more than someone who comes in for 3 hours then goes home to his parents house smokes weed and plays Xbox in his underwear until he has to come back in the next day. Cry more.
Sounds more like a lot of 22.3 that never work their second shift.

Yeet

It’s funny how any time you guys get hit with logic you have no counter argument. Very telling
Here’s some logic. Go get that full time loader position you keep bitching about. No? Why not? OHHHH because that would require EFFORT on your part. Got it.

Could you explain it to me again?

HarryWarden

Here’s some logic. Go get that full time loader position you keep bitching about. No? Why not? OHHHH because that would require EFFORT on your part. Got it.

You know absolutely nothing about my life. I am talking about principles and you are making personal attacks. Really shows how your argument has no standing

I’ll ask one more time

Do you think a driver who signs a 9.5 bid should make less hourly rate the first 8 hours of driving compared to a driver who doesn’t?

Yeet

You know absolutely nothing about my life. I am talking about principles and you are making personal attacks. Really shows how your argument has no standing

I’ll ask one more time

Do you think a driver who signs a 9.5 bid should make less hourly rate the first 8 hours of driving compared to a driver who doesn’t?
I think I almost got what you’re saying. If you could only tell me ONE more time?

Not all hubs or centers have that opportunity. We have PT who would rather double shift and make more then the FT loaders and pick and choose when and where to work.

HarryWarden

Their only recourse is a personal attack. "Because I'm full time."
I really think these people think that we’re saying a guy who works part time hours should have the same amount in their paycheck as a guy who works full time. I don’t think they understand equal pay for equal work

I bet these are the same people who turn down a pay cut because they think it will put them in a different tax bracket

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You sound like one more entitled FT Union member.
Calling someone else entitled? That's rich. 🤣
It's called a part time job and last I checked fast food doesn't provide their employees with a pension or premium free healthcare.
You want full time wages? Make a full time commitment. 20-21 is fair pay for the commitment and perks.