UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Calling someone else entitled? That's rich. 🤣
It's called a part time job and last I checked fast food doesn't provide their employees with a pension or premium free healthcare.
You want full time wages? Make a full time commitment. 20-21 is fair pay for the commitment and perks.
45 years is not a commitment? You have to do better the that.

It's called a part time job and last I checked fast food doesn't provide their employees with a pension or premium free healthcare.
You want full time wages? Make a full time commitment. 20-21 is fair pay for the commitment and perks.
Amazon thinks $21/hr is a fair pay for the commitments and perks. So does Carol.

Undertow

Ok, so if your hours tripled, then your paycheck will also be triple mine… which is fair. And even more after overtime

But there’s no reason your hourly rate should be $15 higher than mine for doing the same exact job when I’ve been here 10 years
It's not the exact same job if it's not the exact same commitment of time between the two employees for starters. The physical demands in the 8th and 9th hour of these jobs take a far bigger toll on the body over the years than the person working only 3 to 5 hours.

In any event, I'm a full time driver having to navigate far greater risks than anything a loader inside the building would ever have to account for. A loader doesn't have to evade loose dogs, put up with ORION, deal with black ice conditions on asphalt after the sun has gone down, try to explain to immigrants that they can't pay for a COD with pennies, nickels, or a credit card...the list goes on.

If you want the similar wage, you most often have to make the similar commitment. It's always been that way there.

HarryWarden

No it’s more of a personal attack like “because you’re lazy.”

And you have no rebuttal because it’s true. You want to keep doing the bare minimum and given more. Pathetic.
Not asking for more. Asking for equal pay for equal work. Full timer would make more because they work more. And that is fair

HarryWarden

I guarantee you if part time didn’t have benefits already you would be on here whining that they don’t deserve it and if they want benefits they should go full time

The Range

In too deep
Sounds more like a lot of 22.3 that never work their second shift.
This is a good point. When I came up, multiple people went 22.3 and to this day work part-time hours. VLO daily. A good way to make ft top rate while working part-time hours. However, I root for them. It's the game.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Not asking for more. Asking for equal pay for equal work. Full timer would make more because they work more. And that is fair
You almost have me convinced. You’re doing a good job, don’t give up. If you could just maybe tell me the exact same thing you’ve said 30 times now just one more time I think I’d get it.

The full time porters in my building are most always former drivers who had 30 or more years on the road who've accepted a $5 dollar reduction in pay in exchange for the far less physical demands required of delivery drivers and rarely having to go beyond 8 hours. Are you stating they deserve less than a part time loader who didn't put up with 3 decades of balancing the demands from both management and customers?

I'd love to see you state that directly to them face to face.
More like a $.50/hr cut in pay at my building. 22.2 FT inside .

HarryWarden

It's not the exact same job if it's not the exact same commitment of time between the two employees for starters. The physical demands in the 8th and 9th hour of these jobs take a far bigger toll on the body over the years than the person working only 3 to 5 hours.

In any event, I'm a full time driver having to navigate far greater risks than anything a loader inside the building would ever have to account for. A loader doesn't have to evade loose dogs, put up with ORION, deal with black ice conditions on asphalt after the sun has gone down, try to explain to immigrants that they can't pay for a COD with pennies, nickels, or a credit card...the list goes on.

If you want the similar wage, you most often have to make the similar commitment. It's always been that way there.
So do you believe that drivers who sign a 9.5 list deserve a lower hourly pay than drivers who do not?

45 years and you're still part time? Lol. That's funny.
What I do know is that I am very happy no one is negotiating with your numbers.
The Union is. I will receive the same pay raise as all of the other FT members. Maybe more because I am PT. When we had the weekly bonus I and some other PT were the highest paid hourlies in the building.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I guarantee you if part time didn’t have benefits already you would be on here whining that they don’t deserve it and if they want benefits they should go full time
And I bet if you made $50hr you would be on here crying that you need $60 and a turkey for your 3 hours of work per day.

Last One In

The full time porters in my building are most always former drivers who had 30 or more years on the road who've accepted a $5 dollar reduction in pay in exchange for the far less physical demands required of delivery drivers and rarely having to go beyond 8 hours. Are you stating they deserve less than a part time loader who didn't put up with 3 decades of balancing the demands from both management and customers?

I'd love to see you state that directly to them face to face.
I hate to interrupt this spat with something off topic; admittedly, I have been away for awhile. They still have FT porters somewhere? They got rid of ours in the early 90s. Carry on with your regular programming.