UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So then what exactly is your argument? If we were going by your way of thinking the FT should get more of a raise then you right?
No he’s both pretending to be on the lower senior PT’s side and at the same time trying to flex on the full timers like we give a :censored2:.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I think it’s really strange your argument of part time work not meant to support a families life. I never said that. I said equal pay for equal work

I’m not saying part time workers deserve to make $5,000 a week. I’m saying a Long time part time loader deserves the same hourly rate as a full time loader.

If I wanted to support a family, I would work more hours. But an hourly rate should not be artificially lowered just because they are working less hours. That makes no sense when you are doing the same work
You're a backup quarterback who wants superbowl winning starter money?

dogs.bite.me

I think it’s really strange your argument of part time work not meant to support a families life. I never said that. I said equal pay for equal work

I’m not saying part time workers deserve to make $5,000 a week. I’m saying a Long time part time loader deserves the same hourly rate as a full time loader.

If I wanted to support a family, I would work more hours. But an hourly rate should not be artificially lowered just because they are working less hours. That makes no sense when you are doing the same work
Fair point, but that was just an off comment, not my argument.

It’s been explained that it’s not the same work because of work hour requirements. But you don’t like to hear that argument.

Also, is that all he is doing is loading? Is he doing clerk work after the sort is wrapped? Where are the 8 hours coming from if you’re only there for 3 1/2? What is left to load after you leave?
There has to be other responsibilities involved which may explain the difference in pay.

I’m not attacking you, so don’t come at me like you’ve come at others or it will end the same way. We do t have FT loaders here so your argument is totally new to me.

Could it be that there are so few FT loaders, they this issue hasn’t been brought up before? I dunno man.

Thebrownblob

It’s not that. Your simplifying the argument.

A part time job is not meant to be something to support you and your family’s life. It’s to supplement it.

Why is there even a classification for full time loader is beyond me.

We get the point that a full timer makes more even if they were paid at the same rate as a part timer because of guaranteed hours.

And believe me, I think most here are with you that loaders are very under paid.

But the reason FT have better pay/benefits even though they are outnumbered by the PT is because part timers don’t get involved as much with the Union activities.

Our PT union meeting attendance is abysmal.

There is no doubt PT has gotten the shaft. But that’s because the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and it’s only been within the last year or so when I’ve started to see an uptick in PT union activity.

I try to talk to my loaders about union stuff and they just don’t want to hear it. Lately that’s been changing, but if you want more, be active in your union meetings and get your PT coworkers there too. Submit proposals at the proposal meetings and get your buddies to as well.

I hope you guys get a big bump in pay and I’m willing to walk with you if this arrogant company doesn’t want to oblige.
There is no classification for full-time loader. It’s a combo job 22.3.

dogs.bite.me

There is no classification for full-time loader. It’s a combo job 22.3.
So combo as in Other responsibilities besides loading. That would explain the pay difference.

He is skilled in other areas of work and that skill is rewarded. I know skill probably isn’t the best word because this job is t that hard, but the point stands.

Undertow

So do you believe that drivers who sign a 9.5 list deserve a lower hourly pay than drivers who do not?
Not the apple's to apple's comparison you seem to be repeatedly trying to make it, but since absolutely every driver in my building eligible to be on the list is on it then it's not an applicable scenario to begin with.

As a side note, one of the main reasons every driver eligible to sign that list did is because the company often wouldn't honor the list anyway thus the guys on the list stayed out as late as the few that once weren't on it. This resulted in the guys on the list achieving penalty pay that pushed their gross wages higher than the guys not on the list despite working pretty much the same amount of overtime.

I think that example mirrors the current realities far more than these hypotheticals you seem to keep offering.

HarryWarden

Fair point, but that was just an off comment, not my argument.

It’s been explained that it’s not the same work because of work hour requirements. But you don’t like to hear that argument.

Also, is that all he is doing is loading? Is he doing clerk work after the sort is wrapped? Where are the 8 hours coming from if you’re only there for 3 1/2? What is left to load after you leave?
There has to be other responsibilities involved which may explain the difference in pay.

I’m not attacking you, so don’t come at me like you’ve come at others or it will end the same way. We do t have FT loaders here so your argument is totally new to me.

Could it be that there are so few FT loaders, they this issue hasn’t been brought up before? I dunno man.
The other half of the work is easier work. Half loading half easy work.

And the only other argument people have is they should get paid more an hour because it’s harder on the body working longer hours

So
1. Why not advocate higher hourly pay for part timers during peak season when I’m working 8 hours
And
2. Should drivers who sign an 8.5 list get lower hourly pay compared to drivers who dont

All I’m saying is equal hourly pay for equal work. If I’ve been here 10 years loading, I should have the same hourly rate as the full timer loading, not $15 an hour less. And if I want more money, I can work more hours. The way it’s supposed to be

HarryWarden

So combo as in Other responsibilities besides loading. That would explain the pay difference.

He is skilled in other areas of work and that skill is rewarded. I know skill probably isn’t the best word because this job is t that hard, but the point stands.
The other jobs are not skilled jobs, it’s other part time jobs, like unloading