UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Undertow

It’s exactly the same point. People on here are arguing if you work longer hours you deserve a higher hourly rate, even if you’re doing the same work
It's not exactly the same point because as I clearly stated, the drivers were all working the same amount of hours whether on the list or not.

I'm all for higher part time pay. I think the odds of higher wages for them would even ease the demands for both management and FT employees constantly being cajoled to work extra shifts before and after their delivery day which is now a routine given most every week.

But I can only have so much sympathy when part timers literally can't be counted on to take even 5 minutes to vote on either a contract that they will have to work under every 5 years or the very people who will sit across the table from the company attempting to bargain for them. By and large for decades on end, PT employees as a group can't even be bothered to exert enough effort to do even that. As a group, they pretty much have gotten what they have been willing to put into it which has resulted in the disparity you appear to be claiming is so unjust.

Maybe you should lecture them on how they are worthy of the same wage and to act accordingly when they have the same opportunity to have their voices heard come voting time instead of showing up here lecturing us. Bottom line is those negotiators on the company's side of the table know FT's vote and PT's don't. Has it ever occurred to you that might lead to a sizable disparity in pay after 20+ years of forfeiting your say in the matter to James Hoffa?

HarryWarden

Seriously and I need my head checked for letting it go on this long.
You need your head checked for putting so much energy into worrying about long time part time union workers making more money. You sound like a sad and bitter person, and you’re worried about the wrong people

Funny, because other people are saying the opposite, that there would be no full time jobs because there would be no incentive

Also, starting pay for a loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour. Starting pay for a loader in 2012 was $8.50

After inflation, 80’s starting pay was about $25 an hour. Funny how they made it work back then
!982 and preload and skilled started at $9/hr with yearly contractual raises. I never believed 30 years later it would be the same starting wage with a 4 year progression to what? $10/hr?.

Non liberal

Because you are lazy?
No, no, not at all. I’m not liberal. No, I would choose the part time because I could assume a little more risk making that much money and I would attempt to open my own business. Something I would enjoy for a change, and that I could hand down to my children if they wanted.

Non liberal

Funny, because other people are saying the opposite, that there would be no full time jobs because there would be no incentive

Also, starting pay for a loader in 1980 was $8.50 an hour. Starting pay for a loader in 2012 was $8.50

After inflation, 80’s starting pay was about $25 an hour. Funny how they made it work back then
It would take full time jobs away from other businesses and ups because some people who get a FT job here don’t really need that much money but want the benefits and pension. If you could get those only working PT and make on money, why not? It would take away from businesses who pay 15-20hr because they wouldn’t have to work full time hours to make same amount of money

HarryWarden

No, no, not at all. I’m not liberal. No, I would choose the part time because I could assume a little more risk making that much money and I would attempt to open my own business. Something I would enjoy for a change, and that I could hand down to my children if they wanted.
So why exactly are you trying so hard to stop that from happening? Oh yeah, because you’re the type of person who has to remind everyone constantly you’re not a liberal, in nearly every comment and even in your freaking username, so of course your the person who would vote against their own self interests. Cut your nose to spite your face, as they say

HarryWarden

It would take full time jobs away from other businesses and ups because some people who get a FT job here don’t really need that much money but want the benefits and pension. If you could get those only working PT and make on money, why not? It would take away from businesses who pay 15-20hr because they wouldn’t have to work full time hours to make same amount of money
News flash buddy, you get benefits and a pension working part time also

HarryWarden

You couldn’t walk in my shoes! I’d work your liberal ass into the ground! Btw who works full time and who works part time?
Only reason I couldn’t walk in your shoes is because their size 20 and red and white stripes, AKA you’re a clown

And yeah, we get it, you’re not a liberal, we’re all
Impressed.

You sure like working a union job and getting those liberal benefits though. Just like those non liberal states taking in all the federal funding and welfare. Hypocrite

Interesting theory. Nothing to back it up.